Create Account

S73 All Star Week

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3440996

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The presumable top forward line of both conference teams this season is two teammates plus one from a division rival. For the East, Lacksamus and Svoboda of New England will have their line completed by either Shoyo Hinata of Atlanta or Ricky Koivu of Philadelphia. In the West, Edmonton's Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev teaming up with an old nemesis in Ekholm-Gunnarsson gives me the shivers as a goalie. Which of these top lines do you think will score more this ASG?
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up?
c. Goalie picks were intersting this year; only one cup finalist will suit up for this allstar game. Which goalie tandem - Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz or Fantobens and Karsikko, would you pick to play in front of? Remember that in the All Star Game, the backup will get minutes!
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

A. It will be close for sure, but I will give this one to the East. Lacksamus is so dominant, and he have Svoboda with him to feed him the puck, that's one hell of a duo right here, and if you had Hinata or Koivu with them... West goalies and defensemen will need to be on top of their game to stop them. (64 words)

B. Dont forget that the all-star game is for fun first, so with that in mind I would try to mix them first to see how it goes. Its always fun to play with other peoples, and see how it go. You can always switch them back togheter during the game if it dont work at all. (57 words)

C. I would choose Justin Time, and the guy with a weird name. Time is just too dominant, even if he only play half the game, I know for sure that it will be an excellent half. Brzec can give you some pretty good minutes too, and that's why I would choose them. (53 words)

D. My player should have made the game for pure comedy value. You never saw a player like Filip Lund that can take so much unecessary penalities, its kind of fun to watch. Also, my player is probably stupid enough to start a fight in an all-star game. Nothing better than a game that mean nothing to injure player for the next season. (63 words)

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Claim 3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The presumable top forward line of both conference teams this season is two teammates plus one from a division rival. For the East, Lacksamus and Svoboda of New England will have their line completed by either Shoyo Hinata of Atlanta or Ricky Koivu of Philadelphia. In the West, Edmonton's Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev teaming up with an old nemesis in Ekholm-Gunnarsson gives me the shivers as a goalie. Which of these top lines do you think will score more this ASG?

As always, the East has the advantage. Ivan Lacksamus had a season unlike any other ever has. That Beast of the East run is going to carry over into the game. Add onto that those silky smooth hands that Ricky Koivu is in possession of and it is going to be a total bloodbath.
(54)

Code:
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up?

You keep those fine young people together. They played together all season. They are totally in sync with each other and finally have the permission to just go all out and cheese on the opposition. There is no closer bond than the one between D partners. Let that chemistry shine and allow them to play together.
(56)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

Scoochie Stratton deserves to be the last man in for the Eastern Conference! Now, this is not because of his stellar play necessarily. This is more a combination of voting in a guy who is lucky to still be in the league a la John Scott and enjoying elderly abuse. To add to that, by inviting Scoochie to play in the All Star game every other skater look so damn good. Imagine seeing the tops in the league just going to town on a doddering old man who can barely get his equipment on anymore. On the other hand, imagine if this guy stands on his head and plays like it is 15 seasons in the past. That is a storyline that will never go away. You have to remember that the fans want to see something amazing in the All Sater game. Give them what they want. You have the chance to make a memorable game for once!
(159)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

1. Milestones

2. a)
I think I would give it to the west based on their statistics. That line has the #2, #3 and #4 point scorers and they are also some of the most accurate shooters in the league. Both lines are gonna be great but with the volume of shots you get in an ASG, I would prefer the more accurate line on my team.

b)
If I was really looking to win vs entertain and do something different, I would probably keep those pairings intact. In addition to what's going on in the forwards trios, you get the almost exact same lines that brought them to where they are. I would be tempted to mix things up a bit to give something to the fans to talk about, though.

Every season I feel like I hype Meta Knight because he's always the only one who goes to the All Star game for the Minnesota Burger Kings... but you know what? I freaking love it! This man... or kirby like person, is a legend. He is like very expensive wine I would never be able to afford: he gets better with age. Last season I almost had a stroke detailing how awesome he was but it was nothing compared to his most recent season. Minnesota is getting there and we've been better defensively so the man the myth the legend Meta Knight was able to maintain a positive +/-. He also greatly improved the amount of hits he delivered, going from 63 to 96. He was great defensively but it's mostly offensively that he shined bright like a diamond. He improved his points total by 25 points and most notably scored 22 more goals. I have high hopes we send more than one player next season to the ASG because it'll make writing this prompt easier but for this season, he was really the best choice.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 02:30 PM by charlieconway. Edited 2 times in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

(link to SMJHL Milestone claim)

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I would give the advantage to the East's top line, in part because Shoyo Hinata is a teammate of mine in Atlanta, but mainly because the hard-hitting Ivan Lacksamus gives the East a physical edge that can wind up helping win the puck and keeping possession. That's not to say that the West's top line is ordinary, I have a high amount of respect for players like Evan Winter and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson. If the East has the edge, it's close enough to go either way during the game.

b. I would absolutely keep those pairings together. A big part of a defensive pairing is communication, and having played many minutes together, you'd expect the team pairings to know the ins and outs of each others' games. Think back to the NHL, when Henrik and Daniel Sedin both played for the Canucks. IT would be downright uncanny how they'd know where the other was at all times on the ice and could link up at a moment's notice. Obviously, being a teammate is different than being a twin, but that's the kind of synergy you can expect from knowing how your defensive partner plays.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Even though two teammates of mine in Atlanta made the all-star game, I've chosen to write about Shoyo Hinata.
I remember when I still had my previous player playing actively, and I signed for the Atlanta Inferno in S66. We wound up winning the Challenge Cup that year, and though Shoyo was on the roster, he wasn't necessarily a big part in that cup run, as you'd expect for a player just starting their career.
Now is a whole different ballgame. You could argue that among forwards, Shoyo Hinata is the straw that stirs the drink in Atlanta. He led the team in points, was #2 among all forwards in ice time, and was the center the coach would have out on all the important faceoffs. And why not? His FO% in the S73 season was 54.1%!
He could score, too. With 57 goals on the season, he came in fourth among all league forwards, and led the second highest goal-scorer on the Inferno (Koivu) by 20 goals. Shoyo Hinata has a nose for the net, and the East will be happy to have him in the All-Star game.
As for what I expect? Goals. I think Hinata will put up a hattrick.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

1. Milestones +3 TPE

2b. I would keep them together. FHM loves its chemistry and im sure all of those pairs are big on chemistry. I assume that each pair played on the top pair and there wasn't a second pair D that snuck in. It is interesting that it shook out this way and some of the D from the mid tier teams didnt get a better look. Chemistry for the win and I'll take the West over the East any day. +1 TPE. 

2d. Marcel Beck should have made the All star game again this year because he is one of the best defensemen in the league. He does have amazing teammates like O'Neil and Kinsinger, but puts up fantastic numbers as a second pair D that has the skill of a first pair D. His underlying possession numbers were fantastic this year and he has been consistently good for many seasons now. Fortunately and unfortunately, he plays for the powerhouse of Winnipeg and gets overlooked because he has less of the slice of pie.  +1 TPE

8. I think some of the top defensemen from the mid tier teams got snubbed, especially for the defensemen. Point totals and plus/minus get a lot of attention, but if a defenseman on a mid tier team is able to put up as many points as one of those D on a powerhouse team AND get the supporting numbers with less backup, it points to them being a better player. Two I have in mind are Dirty Boots and Brendan Laroux from the central division. Boots is my #1. Dirty Boots had a +3.4 Corsi percentage over his team, had more points than one of the all stars selected, and was in the top 15 in the league in blocks. 222 shots is a significant amount, too - fourth among all D. Basically good looks everywhere but didn't get any of the love this year. I have Dirty Boots gets some love next year because they deserve it. +3 TPE.

8/8 TPE

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

Milestones +2

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Ricky Koivu is the teammate I'm choosing to write about. He was an obvious All-Star selection because of his stellar play for the second best team in the league and as a possible MVP candidate. Any forward on the top 10 list for points should be a definite all-star, and Ricky finished 6th for the season with 114. Koivu was also featured on the top 10 assists list with 70, which was 9 off the leader. Ricky is going to pop off during the all-star game because he has discovered the secret to drinking Barq's root beer before any game. It's almost like a super power elixir of the gods. Why do you think he saw 30 point increase from last season? Because he discovered the secret to Barq's. I would fully expect Koivu to notch at least 5 points and have a possible hat trick. It's just what happens when you consume Barq's. Slap shot from the blue line with maximum power for a game winner. Calling it.

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2023, 07:08 PM by Evil_AllBran. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week. Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

Link

Code:

d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

b. With the Eastern Conference team having both stud defenceman San-Sam Emerson and Antonio Flusso you would have to be insane to break them up. If I was coaching this team (and it’s quite frankly a crime I am not) I would not only keep these two together but I would also keep them on the ice for the full 60! [60 words]

d. Another crime committed in broad daylight! Excluding Evil AllBran from the All Star game! Why? Because he is now so old that he is riddled with arthritis in all his joints? Because his eyesight is now so poor he can barely see the puck? No! Because the league has a bias against cereals with more fibre than anyone realistically needs that’s why! [62 words]

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Bright Lights, Big City!

Make a hype poster for an all-star of your choice, from your own conference! Include the fact that this is the All Star Game, the host city (Edmonton), and reasons to be excited for this player.

Link

8/8 TPE

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 07:31 PM by bbjygm. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3440408

Code:
c. Goalie picks were intersting this year; only one cup finalist will suit up for this allstar game. Which goalie tandem - Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz or Fantobens and Karsikko, would you pick to play in front of? Remember that in the All Star Game, the backup will get minutes!

c. I think I'd rather have Justin Time and Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz in the net behind me if I were playing. Justin's play helped elevate his team to win the championship, and Grzegorz's added play, on average, would help Time's excellent save percentage even more so than I think Fantobens's would help Karsikko's.

d. Hodor would've been a great defensive add to the all star game. He was the top shot blocker of the league and would've put on a show for the audience in stopping pucks from even getting to the goalie. Also, Hodor is a popular player, even starring in a popular show at one point.

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The only player on the Texas Renegades that made it into the All-Star game was David-Arturri Donskoi. Lovingly nicknamed dad (D.A.D.), he is the team captain and great locker room presence. David-Arturri Donskoi was the top scorer for Texas, the up and coming team that came in 9th and has been rising in the rankings recently. He kept a nearly 1.5 PPG pace and was pivotal for the Renegades's power play unit. He also was a great center, averaging a 55% faceoff win rate. He did all this while being on the lower end of forwards leading their individual teams with a 21:26 average time on ice. I don't expect them to be the top center on their team, but I expect that whatever line he's on will do better than you'd expect from a line of that caliber. They should really consider putting him on one of the power play units to take advantage of his playstyle.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Milestones +3

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

GM Pass

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2023, 09:20 AM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 3 times in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3441207

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Boy am I looking forward to the Edmonton-Ekholm combo! I won't make any predictions whether we are stronger or whether the conference has the better combo, but the three of us all are player who have benefitted massively over the last few seasons from the fact that we are part of a great collective, so it's gonna be very interesting to see what happens when you throw representatives of these two systems together!
b. This is an interesting question, normally I'm a fan of splitting up team pairings in the ASG so that both fans and players can experience something new instead of seeing the same old combos again. In this case you could just mix the two top teams and create to Wolfpack-Forge and Blizzard-Aurora paiings but I would even further and scramble the pairings altogether.
c. i you can get Justin Time, you get Justin Time. As great as these other guys are, there is no doubt in my mind, he is a fantastic player, a cup winner and above all a great leader and awesome person who will inspire your team and help them be the best versions of themselves. And I'm sure that a younger goalie like Brzęczyszczykiewicz will be able to learn so much from him as well.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, Go Team! (150 words min.)

Which player(s) should your teammate in the all star game be on a line or pairing with? Why? Is it because the all-stars you chose are similar to the ones they play with on your team, or different? What combination will really unlock your teammate's game? (If you are the only player on your team who made the all star list so far, write this task about your team's candidate for last man in!)

Obviously this would be a great chance to give a shout out to me amazing teammates, but when it comes to the All Star Game I prefer to talk about players from other teams here. I already get the chance to play with these amazing teammates of mine 66+ games a season, now someone else should get the opportunity to do the same for 60 minutes. Two of the people i would love to get a chance to play with would be Sophie Bordeleau, who joined my old team Calgary just as I left, and Matsmith Söderberg-Tremblay, who had a great career and is just an awesome person. Also, if I may take a quick look at the other Conference, over there we have an old grizzled vet in Thomas Lind that I would love to share the ice with and obviously putting Ivan Lacksamus and myself on a line together would be an interesting experiment as well...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Milestones +3

2a. any line with rickey koivou will be bad. there is no way he does anything reasonabaly well in this game and as such there will be a dominating perforamcen relative to this from the line in the west. this might be the onyl good thing they do this game though becasue outside of ricky
b. if i am managing in the west there is no shot i mix anyone from edm and wpg togehter. those two teams cant possibly like each other so separating them is the only posssible solution to making this roster work. in the east it is a bit easier since those teams are a bit more likable than the ones in the west.
5. Tony Soprano fully deserved to be in this seasons all star game. There is nothing he did to deserve it more other than being a rookie and being elite and that alone should be enough to get a nod for a positon in the game. We don’t let rookie into the all star game enough and that needs to change, and Tony is the right man to break this curse. Not only did he carry his line this season by socirng a ton of pojnts, he did all of this while running a highly efficient mob ring that was able to bring in copious amounts of cash for the phorge. This extra cash allowed them to play better and train better on a daily basis, again stats that are not taken into account when voting for all star players. He also got great gabogoul for the team weekly which is another stat that isn’t accounted for in all star voting and should be moving forward.

Milestones +2 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3441244
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 08:29 PM by RainDelay. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. 3 TPE from milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3441254

3. Let me tell you about Inactive Forever. This dude is pretty awesome, and even though his name suggests that he is inactive, he is anything but that on the ice. He is all over the place. Posting 87 points in 66 games is no joke, so it is pretty evident that Inactive Forever is the real deal, and quite deserving of that all star spot. Whoever made the teams made the right choice for sure, and if I were to vote, I think he would best represent the Whalers. I guess the committee agreed. This man is a goalscorer with the best of them, and he also loves to pass, so he is a multi faceted forward who always makes his impact felt. I am proud of my teammate and it was awesome to play along side Inactive Forever for the four seasons we were together in Vancouver. I'll miss you bro (3 TPE)

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3441260

+3

Code:

a. I think it's a no-brainer that the duo of Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev along with the Winnipeg Aurora superstar Ekholm-Gunnarsson will outscore Lacksamus, Svoboda and either Hinata or Koivu. The two Blizzard forwards had 120+ goals between them in only 66 games, and them playing without any pressure will only elevate their game.

c. Never bet against the duo of Fantobens and Karsikko, as they've been here before and never disappoint. I would feel very comfortable playing in front of them, even though I did pick the Western first line to outscore the East, Fantobens and Karsikko sure won't make it easy for them! Great pair.

Code:

William Tree of the Toronto North Stars was the lone representative from the team to make the All-Star game, and for good reason. The rookie sensation should be up there in award voting for the top rookie in the SHL, and I would be surprised if Tree did not win the whole dang thing. He led Toronto in goals, assists and points as a rookie, and normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but turns out Toronto was not at all bad this season, making the playoffs and winning a game off of New England of all teams. Tree may not be taken all that seriously from the rest of the All-Stars, but I expect him to play hard and fast and chip in offensively. By the end of the game, he will have convinced all the SHL and the fans around the world that he is for real and this is only the beginning!

+8