Create Account

S74 All Star Week

#2 - 4 TPE
a) Being from one of those teams I see no point why it would be advantageous at all, it is still players who are not familiar with eachother playing against some other players who are not familiar with eachother. All-Star highlights the best of the best from the season, so it would not make it any harder or better in any way
b) Before we make any hesitant assumptions it's a tie, lets face it. But it would be more interesting to see how Philadelphia's and Hamilton's defense would play with other forward lines from teams who they have not played with. Just seeing if they are fit for the all-star game without their reliable teammates would make me want to go to the crowds to see for it myself.
c) Without knowing how they are going to distribute playing time in the all-star game itself I would have to say that Edmonton and LAP goalie representatives are going to have more fun, cause they are playing with more teammates than the other goalie representatives. In the end 4 is a bigger number than 3 and I think theres a reason why those guys have stuck around together for a while, and its not only success
d) I dont know if im allowed to be an all-star at this age in this up and coming LA Panthers squad but I think I could have made the all-star game as a last player in, for sure. Not a starter by any means, cause i'm still miles away from making a big impact on the ice. I was simply the best defensive option after Forfeit and Wagner from LA to make it to the allstar game.

#3 - 3 TPE
Adam Prpich made it to the all-star game for the first time in his career, just before peaking. It was pretty obvious since first of all he was one of the best western forwards in the league, as well as the best forward in the damn LA Panthers squad which is packed with talent. He broke the 100 point barrier for the first time in his career, which deserves some recognition itself, and I think those accomplishments would speak for themselves alone, but let alone did Prpich do those things he did lead the LA squad into the playoffs as strong favorites, who despite all odds did fell short. Many great things can be expected from Mr. Adam Prpich in the all-star game but last I heard he is going to have more fun and dangle along rather than establish his offensive prowess any further by playing against the best of the best. Skidaddle, skidoodle, Prpich might make a Kucherov-esque move on Philly goaltender Base Pack to send him back to the general store

#5 - 3 TPE
One could argue that Reed Kobo would have deserved an all-star nomination this season. Playing with Derek Martin did mean that he would be on the babysitting duty for most of the time, since Martin is merely an unpolished diamond at this point in his career, just few years away from making a massive impact for the Panthers. Despite only scoring 31 goals this season, he still managed to notch himself 61 assists, thanks to none other than Derek Martin himself who had 47 goals to his name - and more to come this next season. I forgot to mention that Kobo was clutch in places where he was needed, showing his composure under immense pressure as well as decisionmaking under said pressure. Reed Kobo has 6 game winning goals to his name, only Derek Martin was able to have more gamewinners at 11, and Svoboda had 6 gamewinners to his name also. Hell, I dont know if im writing this about Martin or Kobo anymore - they both should be up there.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

gm pass

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

J GM pass

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

1. Milestones (3)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465140

2a. Edmonton and Los Angeles are major rivals so to see them with equal all star nods makes things really interesting. One downside is that other less represented teams don’t make the cut, however as a member of the Panthers I can’t help but love the fact that our presence is made known and will be seen in the coming seasons.

2d. I am shocked that Derek Martin didn’t make the cut this season. Second on the team in points and a fantastic player in his own right, he deserved a nod, though perhaps LA has too many nods this season (I’m not complaining though). Despite being second in points by about 30, he did it all on the second line of the team which makes it all the more impressive to me. I hope that we can see Derek Martin’s face in the All Star game soon. It would be real nice.

3. The Teammate One (3)

There are so many of my teammates who made the All Star game this season. Including but not limited to Adam Prpich, Axel Kirby, Jimmy Wagner and Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz. That makes the LAP one of the most star-ful teams of the SHL despite only being eighth in the league in points. All of these players were more than deserving of all star nods but Jimmy Wagner, who is an oldie in the league was a surprise for the first man in choice. In a John Scott-esque turn of events, the third line defenseman who is a legend in his own right was picked to represent his team in his last season. It is impossible to explain the sheer impact of this player but with over 1200 games, nearly 1000 points and a 18 season long SHL career in the books nobody is more deserving of an All Star sendoff. That is why Jimmy Wagner is well deserving of his nod.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

J HO Pass

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones Claim 

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

a. Having multiple players of the same team being able to represent an all-star team can only bode well for said team because in FHM having excellent line chemistry goes a long way to having a great performance. The all-star game is to represent the all-stars of the game and if a team has many all-stars why not send them to the game? 

(62 words)

b. I will say the East top defense pairings will be the more exciting d-men to watch for the all-star game. PHI and HAM play a high octane offensive game and what a better way to showcase that in the all-star game where offense will be what excites the fans. Emerson on PHI will be my D-man to watch. 

(58 words)

c. I will say the West goalies will have more fun because I have met Justin Time a few times and let me tell you, he sure knows how to let loose and have fun at a party. It honestly surprised me to see that side from him since he is so calm and fierce while playing in net. 

(58 words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

I don't think there should be a correlation between TPE and getting an invite to the all-star game. As someone who reached 2K TPE and is only playing better since regression, TPE is not the determining factor of how well someone will play. Tactics, sliders, player roles, line chemistry, how you are utilized by your coaching staff in FHM all play a role as well. Also, it is up to the all-star committee members on who they select for the all-star game and there is only a limited amount of spots to fill. There is the last player vote in to get a player that might have been snubbed, but the players who get voted in are usually by teammates who have a lot of peer support and get them to vote them in. Last season we saw TBB's Johnny Wagner-Svenson have an amazing breakout season where they only had 1230 applied TPE by the end of the regular season but was able to produce 6o goals and have 102 points. So TPE does not have much correlation for being an all-star.

(180 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465157

S74 MILESTONES

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

A: In terms of on ice advantages, if played together I do believe in the chemistry playing a role in who is how good. As for how good it is that this happens at times well, in the end the all star game is meant to showcase the best as voted by the SHL. Weather this is done by the committee or the players themselves.

B: I am interested more in the West's combination as I see the Eastern teams WAY more often. Also the chance to see how different players adjust to their new partners can make for some fun ass plays. Everyone here is of high quality and skill, so they should each be adaptable to just about anything you throw at them.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

The answer here is a bit of a paradox because on one hand TPE ranges in the J go from 155 to 425 so it shouldn't really matter. On the other hand, most of the players who lead their team in scoring are going to be ranging from the 350 to 425 caps respectively. Then you have to account for the fact that all star nominations will come disproportionately from the top ranked teams, many of whom have the lion's share of TPE. Where as in the SHL we see the TPE coming way more into play as players in the league range from 750 to 2000+ as growing players. Again the lion's share of nominations are going to go to players on good teams or leafing scorers on teams with low average TPE....usually those in the latter are in the top 3 in TPE on said team. So I think its pretty clear that TPE matters. As for weather it should or not? TPE governs how high your overall stats are. So if you believe that your all stars should be the best in the league, then yes it ought to matter.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024, 08:39 AM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 5 times in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

+3 - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465171

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I think in terms of pure results, it definitely comes as an advantage. If you just have one or two players there from all the teams in the Conference, they'll probably be much more inclined to turn this into a chill skills competition, whereas if you come there with one or two bigger units of actual teammates, there will be a bigger desire in there to win as a group.
b. I'm more interested in watching the Western group because it quite frankly is a crazy varied mix of players. You have players in their prime with multiple all star appearances under their belts, like Louise St. Martin and Pass Forfeit, as well as young talents who are playing their first ASG ever in Willow Soderberg-Snooks. And then to top it off there is a super grizzled vet in Jimmy Wagner who dragged his rotting carcass to another ASG appearance somehow.
c. This honestly is an amazing matchup, seeing the exact same goalie return from last season is pretty crazy if you think about it. Especially the older three of the group already have a great career resumee and could become legendary players when it is all said and done. And with Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz it is kinda crazy to think about that he isn't even in regression yet, as it already feels like he has been here forever, given the maturity of his game.
d. I made the All Star Game, woop woop! And given that a total of five Blizz players made the ASG, it would feel kinda greedy to argue for even more of us. I think the voters made a good call with the five players they put in, one guys that missed out who you could really argue for though is Emil Egli. He had really really solid numbers from the blueline, while playing a super steady and realiable game in his own zone and blocking a ton of shots in the process. That combination of offense and defense is a rare feat that would have deserved a nod.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

I want to talk about Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev here because he has quietly been taking over as the star of this team. I was probably the player with the most starpower on the Blizzard for a couple of years, but over the last season or two Ben has started to be even more impressive and become one of the very best players in the league in his own right. He might be THE best Power Forward in the game right now, putting up elite scoring numbers while throwing a ton of hits and winning battles with his strong physical presence. If Ben isn't scoring himself (which doesn't happen very often), he is creating space for his teammates winning board battles, overpowering opponents in the crease of forcing them to make bad decisions because they are afraid to get hit by the big guy. A truly elite player and the complete package, it's people like him who make your team win Championships!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 07:41 PM by spidey. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Wingers
Goals: 29 or more
Assists: 47 or more
+/-: 25 or higher
PIM: 24 or fewer
Fights: 1 or more
Hits: 129 or more -> 132 Hits
Special Points: 19 or more
GWG: 3 or more
Give Aways (GvA): 50 or fewer
Take Aways (TkA): 39 or more

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465348
https://index.simulationhockey.com/shl/player/3911

+1 TPE

Code:

A)
I think it is an advantage on two fronts. It is an advantage at the All-Star game. These players know one another, they have played all season long with one another and they are going to know where each other will be without a second thought. It is also an advantage because the Blizzard in particular were the most dominate team in the league. Having that kind of strength at the All-Star game will go a long way for a win.

B)
I think the East will be a little more stable, so I am more interested in watching the West. It will be more enjoyable watching the unpredictable nature of having an unfamiliar partner playing alongside you. It should create some fun match up opportunities for the East forwards. But I believe being All-Stars, these western defenders will be able to quickly get back in position and make life interesting for the easts forwards.

C)
West. You have arguably the best goalie in the league playing for half the game in Justin Time, who is just a brick wall. He will shut down opposing forwards without any thought. Than the Panther’s Goalie (I am not looking up how to spell that name) is coming in as the youngest goalie in the group. His inexperience should create some great opportunities for the East to catch up on a high scoring game. It will be great to watch.

D)
I mean I was nominated for rookie of the year. Being a top rookie in a massive class that found a high level of success should have given me a nod to the All Star game. I was playing all season on the third line but managed to score at nearly a point per game pace another huge nod to the success I accomplished… Ok now that I am done with that, I had no business to actually have been in the game, the league got the right players there.

+4 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

There is an argument that the Pride could have sent a second player to the All-Star game or maybe should have sent another. But I believe the league did get it right by picking Viktor Hargreeves. Unlike the past where he was chosen because someone had to go to the All-Star game. This year he truly deserved it. He was in the top 10 for goals and number 11 for points in the league, he finished first in points for the Pride, by a large margin, was a +12 rating, 8 game winning goals (also top among the Pride), and played in all situations. Hargreeves is the heart and soul of the Pride on the ice and a leader in the locker room. He has helped the team find success and was the main contributor on a successful underdog story playoff run. While we could argue Willow Soderberg on defense could have made the game, Hargreeves was the right choice.

+3 TPE

TOTAL TPE: +8

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 10:22 PM by fubaguy. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466020
3 TPE
Code:

Code:

Code:

Since I'm still in the SMJHL I pick a future teammate on the Toronto North Stars. The only player for Toronto was William Tree, who I believe most would pick as the obvious choice for the North Stars. William lead the team with 98 points, ten more points then the next play of Larkin-Conway who had 88 points. This makes William the obvious choice as he's been the best player on Toronto since joining the SHL. I expect William to be an offensive presence at the all star game as that's what William has done since joining the league earn an all star spot in both years in the SHL. It will be nice to see William with some higher level of players since Toronto is currently a young and upcoming team and see how many point he can put up in a game with teammates that likely have more points than him.

Code:

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

It's a tough choice to argue any Toronto North Star should join the all-star game that isn't William Tree, since the team didn't have a great year causing players to have weaker number. I do believe there is one other player you could argue should be on the all-star team and that's George Walsh. I'm guessing most would be surprised by this pick as goalies get no love in this league and he didn't even have a winning record. My argument for George Walsh as the last man in for my conference is he has the same save percentage as Brick Wall who made the all-star game both having a 0.901 save percentage. Now Brick Wall has more wins and a better goals against average, but my argue meet is those numbers are only better due to being on a top team while George Walsh is on a weaker team.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

GM pass

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Simmer ASW Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

GM Pass

[Image: 4cvtDWE.jpeg]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the
person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465188 +3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics
related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE.
Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each.
Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think
it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large
number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star
game better or worse when this happens?

b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this
year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with
only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new
partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?

d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should
you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game,
argue for one of your teammates instead!)

2a) When a lot of players from the same teams come to the All Star game, it's a disadvantage. Typically players in the league don't know who the stars are, so when they play a team like Edmonton or Los Angeles, they end up getting shut down because they fail to properly account for these stars. However, when they see who is at the all star game, in their next game against those players, they know to play dirtier against those star players, and crosscheck them in the back while the ref isn't looking. This helps shut down these star players and secure wins. +1 TPE

2c) The pair of Justin Time and Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz will have more fun. For starters, they have 6 total appearances to the All Star Game, whereas the opposing netminders, Casey Fantobens and Base Pack, only have a combined 5 appearances. This will allow the former pairing to have that extra experience and edge in fun having. They also have cooler names, so people will be making jokes about their names all weekend, which is plenty of fun. +1 TPE

Code:

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they,
why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do
you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made
the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the
only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write
about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

My (future) teammate, Landon Fischermann, was invited to the All Star game roster. Being the highest TPE player on the Seattle Argonauts, a team near the bottom of the league, many people expected him to be snubbed. However, I will talk about how they definitely deserve to be here. That reason is that Seattle was only expected to have about 5 wins this season, but they ended up with 7, due to the efforts of Fishermann. Had he not been a stud defenseman, then the team wouldn't have succeeded nearly as much as they did. He came 3rd in points on his team AS A DEFENSEMAN! Who does that?! He also came 2nd on his team for defensive game rating, who for a team that received over 5 goals against on average per game, this is a great stat to have. He was shutting down opposing lines, and at the all star game, it's expected that he'll do just the same. +3 TPE

+8 TOTAL

Code:

SMJHL Milestones Post

+3TPE

Code:

a. I think that a large concentration of Edmonton and Los Angeles players suiting up for the Western Conference in the all-star game is completely inconsequential. It will be of no advantage or disadvantage in this universe because there is no rapport or familiarity that I know of that affects the outcomes, combined with the fact that they’ll be lining up differently with potentially different roles than they do for their own clubs. I do think it makes the event more fun for those particular locker rooms, but league wide it might actually reduce interest, at lease in the West.

+1 TPE

c. I believe the goalies from the Eastern all-stars will have more fun, simply because their uniforms will fit better and be more in-demand by fans on average. Consider that stitched letters add to the stiffness of the back on a jersey, and then consider how ridiculous the all-star jerseys always are with colors and fonts. Next, try to imagine the name Brzęczyszczykiewicz wrapping from left elbow all the way to right and how that probably feels on the body. While I’m sure this player is used to that scarecrow type feeling, not only does it look silly, but there will be little or no merchandise moved for that player and overall I don’t see it being as special of an experience because of this.

+1 TPE

Code:

In the SMJHL, my teammate and captain Trevor Lahey was honored with an All-Star game selection. Trevor was an obvious choice, leading the 4-star cup champion Detroit Falcons in scoring over the course of the regular season with 29 goals, 58 assists and 87 points as the team’s number one center. Lahey averaged nearly 19 minutes per night in a league that had expanded to four forward lines, often drawing the most difficult matchups from the opponent while also logging a ton of time on special teams. Lahey was top 3 on the team in Corsi and Fenwick, with an astonishing +5.4% FF% Rel. Joint second in the league in assists and sixth overall in points, Detroit simply was not the same team without their fearless leader on the ice. Lahey is graduating to the SHL and this ASG appearance is a great honor for a player that has steadily improved in each of his 4 SMJHL seasons despite never being the flashiest player or hyped prospect. My expectations for him would be to put in a very workmanlike performance despite the occasion, focusing on the little things and fundamentals that have made him successful at this level.

+3TPE

8/8 TPE Total

\