Create Account

S75 PT#4: Spooky Fat Guy Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

"Don't be afraid to try something new" Nathaniel shouts before he is whisked away. It meant so much more, and he hoped the future children understood the depth. You have to decide if you wish to be great, and what greatness entails. Do you want to be known as a stalwart, lifelong member of a franchise, perhaps smash franchise records? You likely would need to trade some glory, if you are lucky you can get one single cup, but the teams that are competitive each and every season use players as assets and nothing more. Players who like it there, and are adored by fans are discarded as soon as they are no longer the best theoretical product on ice, regardless of their impact on the city they play. It's cut throat, but that is the price of victory. If you want to chase cups and eternal glory, be prepared to be mobile. If you want a nice life where you can have fun playing a game, but maybe you will never see that greatness, then find a nice place to call home.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Option 2

Mia Lavoie often cross trains with her good friend Delores Bickerman in the International Simulation Football League. Despite her age, Delores has been tearing it up as a wide receiver in the league for quite some time now and has a lot of tips to share about keeping in shape more generally. There are no skates or sticks involved in the cross-training, but Delores and Mia go through a whole training ritual every summer that includes a whole combination of strength and conditioning activities that help them both. When they aren't going through their training regime, sometimes they sign up to play a bit of doubles in pickleball just for funsies. It's not the most intense sport, but it keeps that team mentality alive, while keeping them active and having fun in the offseason more generally. Mia doesn't plan to get into the sport of football anytime soon, but she appreciates the time she spends growing and developing with her friend on the field.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2024, 05:30 PM by chetib.)

The next night, your player walks in a waking dream through a vague fog. An overweight plague doctor, who never speaks, guides you through the chill winter air. Suddenly remembering your encounter with sleep paralysis Connor McDavid, you ask this comicon specter if he might be the Ghost of Hockey Future.

He shakes his head and silently points forward.

Several children, all under nine years old, are playing hockey on a frozen pond. One in particular is a far better skater than their peers, and goes bar-down flawlessly on the makeshift aluminum pipe goal. As they celebrate, their eyes meet yours, and understanding flashes through your player's mind - this child will, in some mysterious metaphysical way beyond your comprehension, pick up your torch when you retire.

Your player has one chance to say something, something the child will carry with them as the words of their childhood hockey hero for their whole career. What will you say to the Ghost of Hockey Future, the star of tomorrow: your own next re-create?

"Hey kid, keep up the good work."

Is this the response you might expect because one might want to encourage the next generation of players to strive and be their best. But this is cut throat competitive sports where every damn things make a difference in a successful career. Tibuk would definitely talk the absolutely worst smack to this kid.

"No way I am giving up my cushy gig in Tampa Bay if I don't have to!"

Tibuk would definitely try and intimidate the kid and encourage to never pursue a career in hockey unless he wants to absolute worst life for himself. This child runs away crying, perfect! Time to go sign that fat long term contract now and make sure I am locked up until I am old and fat.

I also want to take a quick second here to recognize that Connor McJesus made it into a second weeks worth of points despite my rant about him last week. Shame.

163 words

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 2:

Cross-train? Pffft, of course not. Everything Petr does has a purpose, and that purpose is hockey, so why make things so convoluted? All time is to be devoted to ice hockey and ice hockey alone. Oh what's that? Other skating sports such as figure skating have transferrable skills and thus valuable training and experience to offer? Utter nonsense! A balanced training regime results in better gains? Preposterous! All Petr needs is ice time and a hockey stick and he is set to train for life! Every second of every day is utterly devoted to becoming the best he can be, through whatever the most efficient means are.... erm, I just proved your point didn't I? Uhhh, alright maybe cross-training is worth taking a look at; anything to make Petr better of course. Surely a little bit couldn't hurt, at least to make sure I'm covering all my bases and getting the most out of my game.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

As Jarrod Lakemore sees the child skating on the frozen pond, he thinks back to his own childhood. His youth coaches were very old school, and would constantly demand defensive responsibility, unselfish play, and physicality. It was a style of play that stayed with him throughout his career, and earned him a reputation as a tough, physical, two-way forward. His coaches also would get upset when players tried fancy dekes or toe drags, instead focusing on fundamentals. But as he got to the highest level of play, he realized not everyone had the same experience as him. The old ways weren't the only ways, and plenty of players grew up with an emphasis on speed, agility, and finesse as the strengths in their game. It was something Lakemore had to adjust to and something he still felt he was behind in compared to the best skaters, the best finesse players in the league. He sometimes wonders what kind of player he could have become if he had embraced that part of his game from his youth. Could he be the one toe dragging through three opponents? Could he have been the guy scoring the michigan goals? It's too late for him, but it's not too late for his future self. So his advice is to develop all parts of your game. Work on the fancy dekes, work on your skating and agility, and become the best and most complete player you can be. (247 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Cross training is not something that I do regularly, no. But that doesn't mean that I'm not active in my life outside of hockey. In fact, in the offseason I spend a lot of time doing physical activity not related to my on-ice work. I love to get out on my bike and just zip around town. Of course, the ladies in the city love it because I've got these big strong legs from all of the time that I spend on skates and in the squat rack during the season, so I always make sure to wear my short shorts.

Then, like most other professional hockey players, I love to play golf when the weather is warm in the summer time. We only get to go out on the course when we don't have deep playoff runs though, so there's plenty of frustration about even having to play golf. But, it's great for the hand eye coordination and just to get outside during the warmer months. So those could be cross training things, I guess?

[Image: ho-lee-smokes-iihf.png]
Thanks Jove for my sig

Option 1:

Jussi Mutou looks out at the vision of the frozen pond. He watches the young player as he effortlessly tears apart the opposing players. Upon further inspection, this player clearly towers over the other youngsters. If Jussi didn’t know any better, it would appear this was a grown adult wearing what appears to be a fake moustache and wearing a jersey where the nameplate says “I Am” and the number being “12”. This player skates over to greet Jussi. “HELLO MR. MUTOU MAN. MY NAME IS NOT TURG AND I WANT TO BE HOCKEY PLAYER JUST LIKE YOU!” Jussi is surprised by the booming voice coming from what he still believes is an actual child. He takes a moment to collect his thoughts before he imparts his wisdom upon “NOT TURG”.

“Listen, you must always be prepared for someone to tear you down. You can’t let them. You may struggle at first. But always remind them who you are. And don’t be afraid to get a little physical.”

With that, NOT TURG skates away and does his best impression of a bowling ball, knocking over each and every child in his path, including the ones on his team.

[Image: JUSSI-MUTOU-SPOTLIGHT-450-X336.gif?ex=66...d3ba51b19&]
[Image: 29XRi31.png]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Option 2:

Brooklyn Physt has a variety of sports as well as other physical activities that she enjoys outside of hockey where applicable. Everyone within hockey, of course spends some time in the gym or others on board bikes and on the track to run. It’s the normal sort of training stuff.

But this isn’t about that. This is about other sports that can be used for training, of course, but primarily I believe for fun in this Brooklyn has found a lot of time for historically surfing.
There has been much made of her time spent off surfing, whether it’s in Southern California or summers in Hawaii both growing up and in junior hockey thanks to the extensive money her father and two lesser extend her mother made playing in the SHL. That very much continued once she was playing in Kelowna, primarily enjoying the benefits of Tofino and the rest of the Pacific Northwest. So much so that in fact, it is a part of her SHL contract with the Toronto North Stars that she is provided ample opportunity to go off and surf. No strings attached no wild, weird phone calls nothing just a chance to destress and ride the waves.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Option 2:

Ace Lightning is big into yoga. Hot yoga, cold yoga, warm yoga, and it really helps him train the core strength which will make him into one of the top 100 SHL players of all time when Luke makes his list in 25 seasons. He also loves playing lacrosse, which is like hockey in a way.

One of the more controversial things that he uses in order to make him a better hockey player, is listen to the Joe Rogan podcast. It expands his mind with all kinds of unique and crazy ideas, like how the earth is flat and aliens exist. This helps him make friends during the season with those from the opposite teams, which gives him insight to better ways to train his body. By sharing his likes and interests while hitting a guy against the boards or chirping after a big goal, it will eventually help him in the summer when he's at the cottage with one of those guys and he is teaching him how to skate better.

Opt 2

The entire league might as well know by now that Georg N'Zola started his hockey career as a forward, but ended up substituting for defenseman position when his quantities fit better there than they do in the forward section. He sometimes trains with the LAP forward to show the young guys how its done in the boards. He still likes to reminisce his times playing as a forward for the Anchorage Armada, laying hits and scoring twice or thrice the amount that he is currently, but that is on the rise per his statistics from the last 2 seasons in the SHL. Other than focusing solely on hockey Georg likes to jog a bunch to help with his weight problem. The guy loves food, but in order to eat good food you have to get rid of it also in order to be able to perform properly on the ice. Thats why he does 5k jogs thrice a week on top of his regular gym and training schedule

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Option 1

Okay let's get these last few situations into my head and sort things a bit before we go any further. So many weird things have happened and now I'm having yet another dream or should we call it an apparition? Who even was that weird old guy and why do I keep dreaming all of this? I'm supposed to tell this kid something important and I only have one chance to do it. I don't know how this is supposed to work, I've never been someone else's dream ghost before. Does it even matter? Probably not, but let's just assume it will. I should probably tell the kid not to become a goalie unless they really, really want to, because it isn't for everyone. I would know. "Just eat your dinner, kid, don't forget to do your TPEs and ACs, go to practice and things will be okay in the end. Don't worry too much about everything else." Can I leave now and go back to my own dream?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

While Cormier might not cross train in the traditional sense of the word, he does do other physical activities on a regular basis outside of just hockey. His favourite is running, but not endurance running. Growing up through highschool and college, Cormier was a top track athlete in short distance sprints. He lives anything 200m or less, but particularly excells at the 60m and 100m sprints. He doesn't have the greatest stamina and doesnt usually do well at longer distances, but he has an incredible explosiveness out the gate that gets him to his top speed very quickly and usually gets him ahead of his competition early on. In the shorter sprints it's usually enough to help him take home the victory, but the linger the track gets the more other athletes catch up as he starts to decline from his top speed. Cormier has definitely noticed his sprinting help his explosiveness and first strides in hockey where he is very similar. Fast but not a lot of endurance to keep the pace up for extended periods of time.

OPTION 2

Jaromir Jagrbomb likes experimenting different things, and both out of position training and trying out dfferent sports are part of his regime. To be a better defender he likes to sometimes go do team practice as a forward, just to get a different perspective and to make observations on some little things defenders do that are irritating for a forward, or things that make scoring easier for a forward. He also occasionally puts on goalie gear and wants to take a lot of screened point shots, one-timers and other typical shots that are generated on power plays. This also helps him get ideas on how to make his point shots and other plays more dangerous and unpredictable. When it comes to other sports, Jagrbomb loves playing every sport that includes a ball or a puck, as those kinds of games always develop your hand/foot/eye coordination and quick decision-making. Table tennis is one of his favorites, because it's so fast and requires quick thinking and very fine technical skills.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Adam Liebold cross trains in a number of different ways. The first way is by switching hands on his stick. Adam is normally plays righty but he often trains with a left handed curve. He does this for a number of reasons the first being that it trains his dexterity to shoot in any situation. there is no confguration that is uncomfortable to him when handling the puck. He trains with his normal stick handling drill but does them with a left handed stick. The next way he cross trains in playing soccer, this helps his foot eye corrdination and foot work in general to improve movement and balance. He finds this exciting as well so it takes the work out of training and enjoys the competition. He will play pick up games whenever he can. The final way he cross trains is in cross overs. A strong crossover stride is important in hockey so he does high knee cross overs down and back on the ice to train his legs and movement flexibility.

Foil Up Boys