Create Account

S75 PT#4: Spooky Fat Guy Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Prompt 2

This question is silly: M’Baku Olubori has been asked to play all 3 forward positions in the last 10 years, and learned, unlearned, and relearned just about everything one could ask of a forward during that time. With Sweden, he was played on his off wing for a time to give more scoring chances for the team. In Regina, he swapped between all 3 forward spots as the team required. With Baltimore, he started as a winger but has finally fully transitioned into being a full time center for the Platoon. He still runs through some of the drills on either wing to stay fresh if he needs to transition, even though now he’s center stage for everything the Platoon does.

That being said, he has cross trained with some defenseman preparation as well. While spending several summers with Cassius Darrow’s summer performance camp from hell in Seattle, Baku has gotten to ask tips of the SHL veteran, just in case the future ever calls for him to have to play that position. Mainly, he’s gotten tips for playing the point on the powerplay, as that’s something he’s done with Baltimore in the past.

In addition, coaches have actually asked him to stop playing other sports for fear of injury. Before he found hockey, Baku loved to play American football and was a true terror on the gridiron. Olubori does not fear physicality and contact, and used that to inform his earlier aggressive style. He’s matured and found a more skill-forward game, but looks back on those early days of a “knock his head off” mentality fondly.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

PT pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Growing up playing hockey, everybody wants to be the top center or forward on their team, putting up a ton of points and being recognized by their number always being on the stat sheet. For me, I was always there to make sure our team won hockey games. If I didn't put up points that was ok, but I wanted to make sure that we were doing what we could to come away with a win which is why I typically played the defensive forward role growing up, and I even sometimes helped out playing defense.

I wasn't the best defenceman out there, but I learned the position a little bit, and it gave me a different perspective on the game. Not only did I better understand assignments in our own zone, but I also understood what defenceman typically looked for when playing, so I could use that to my advantage when we were in the offensive zone. I still am not the most offensively gifted player, but I take pride in helping my team/teammates at both ends to make them and our team better every night.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Newfoundland Berserkers center Sad Ketchup does a lot of cross training to be prepared for hockey. Hockey is not his only love for sports, he does do a lot of other things that help on the ice. For example, Sad Ketchup always enjoys playing soccer, during the offseason, he plays in a competitive soccer league. Sad Ketchup plays as a striker on his team which allows him to train his stamina, agility to be ready for training camp for hockey. It also kind of helps with the offensive killer instinct for the net although its a different sport, the instinct is the same in both of the sports. Some other things Sad Ketchup cross trains for is his mental health. Sad Ketchup spends a lot of time doing self care and taking care of his mental health whether its through his sports psychologist or therapy. It is important for Sad Ketchup to keep his mental health in check which helps him perform well on and off the ice.

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: Does your player cross-train? Do you play other positions, other sports, or any non-hockey-related activity specifically to get better at hockey? If so, what and why? If you don't like talking about your player for these tasks, talk about cross-training for hockey in general.

As stated a few times already this season in my earlier PTs, Levin's primary cross-training activity is tennis. He first learned about the sport when he was much younger, as his compatriot Roger Federer was dominating the ATP and making headlines in Switzerland seemingly every week. He learnt to appreciate the sport more as he was growing up, loving the speed of play and how easy it was to learn, yet hard to master. It is also a sport that really helps with speed of reaction and reflexes, as well as hand-eye coordination - which are all facets of the sport that can be translated to hockey. Thankfully for him, San Francisco is a place where even in the winter, the outside temperatures are decent enough to be able to practice the sport, so he's able to train year-round, and he has found a nice tennis club near his home in Belmont (a suburb a few miles south of the main city.) He has tried getting his teammates to come play with him, but so far, only Logan Webb has accepted his invitation.

(187 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Option 2

Kristian Seppanen cross trains all kinds of sports. As per last week's PT, he does it while on his skates. He runs on the soccer field, with skates on. He swims, with skates on. He plays basketball, with skates on. Seppanen likes the skills you obtain from other sports and how they can be applied to hockey. For example, he has been trying to work out with Nikola Jokic for his passing skills and his vision to see the court. He's been trying to work out with Lionel Messi, to see if he can learn how to score. He's got a training booked with Mike Tyson to learn how to fight properly. He even called up Michael Phelps to ask about swimming, in case the ice ever melted mid-game. Seppanen has also been playing golf, pickleball, tennis, volleyball, baseball, and any other sport he gets invited to play with his teammates, trainer, or friends.

Inge Baardsen is a hard worker and is always looking for a way to get an edge on his training. There are other sports he has picked up to try and improve his hockey. Hitting baseballs in the batting cages helps with hand eye coordination, he’s not tall enough for basketball though! One thing Baardsen would definitely benefit from would be some martial arts training. Inge has had 2 fights this season and lost both of them! Maybe do some boxing, to improve his punching and dodging, a bit of Brazilian Ju Jitsu to help with the takedowns!
Curling is another sport that helps with Inge’s hockey. Gives him practice, not that he needs it, for being on the ice, but not in skates for a change. Hucking big stones around would be good for his strength, and the sweeping would definitely be a bit of cardio! It’s also played throughout Canada, so it’s not out of place in Saskatchewan!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Option 2:

Graphic Task: Draw your player playing a game or sport that is not hockey.

Xavier enjoys driving fast. Here he is doing some laps.

[Image: 0h6xKuK.jpeg]

shoutout to Chevy who found this old Raptors ad they did back in the day that I was able to tweak.

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Option 1: Written Task

The air is crisp and cool as the sun sets and the sky darkens. The outdoor rink with the kids skating around reminds me of just playing for fun, when everything was new and the future was still a long way away. It makes me a bit sad because I know my own career is on the downslide. My best seasons are behind me and now it's just grinding out some career milestones and hoping for one more chance at a Cup. Seeing these kids reminds me of when you were excited for what was to happen, waiting for the draft, wondering what team would take a chance on you. Seeing the effort you put into training to try and improve, rather than trying to fight off regression. The one kid I'm watching catches my eye. He's got great skating and good puckhandling skills. He reminds me of another player I used to watch when I was a kid. Guy by the name of Wyatt Wollker. I wonder if he might be related! I'll have to keep an eye on him, judging by his age he should be ready to declare for the SMJHL draft in 2 to 3 seasons ...

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Option 2 Written Task:

Daniel Grumathan does a bit of cross training in the offseason, some of it for fun and some of it for the actual benefits for his game. The fun one is basketball. Grumathan has always been a fan of basketball and would had probably pursued it to some degree if hockey didn't come first. It is mostly just for fun, playing with friends, but basketball is also just a really good workout. If it is a serious game then you are almost always moving around, exercising most muscles in your body, and it also helps work out the brain a bit. The other cross training that Grumathan does is playing both defenseman and goalie for scrimmages. Goalie less so, that is more of a need or just for fun, but playing defenseman allows him to get better at reading an offense and helps a lot with positioning. Learning to play the position a bit also just makes him more flexible if the team ever needed him to play defenseman.

Daniel Durkburg had too keep his mind busy during this season as the Kelowna Knights were in some trouble and kind of a mess in the league and around the league. They needed too build confidence in themselves especially Durkburg who was struggling a bit mentally and drinking more than he should of been he asked for trades throughout the season as he was tired of not being on good team in SMJHL for any longer but no trades would come into fruition so he decided he needs too do something that would keep his mind at ease and build something and make him have fun he started playing a bit of beer league tag football as a wide receiver helping him keep and develop more speed and oddly enough playing the position of wide receiver also helped Durkburg with his hand eye cordation too and built himself into a very talented wide receiver / forward in game of hockey

Quote:
Citadelles

Option 2

Granted hockey is and will be Sonja's priority for a very long time she does enjoy other sports. As such she tends to cross-train herself quite a lot actually. Her main go-to sport that's not hockey is actually soccer. As she has grown up idolising Cristiano Ronaldo -her poor QCC teammates know that a tad bit too well, heck they even started to call her "El Bicho" thanks to how much she is mimicking him- in fact, if it wasn't for Frøya she might have pursued a career in soccer. As such whenever she's got some time she tends to play soccer. Whenever she does that, she trains her dribling or her shooting. She especially does those as she have noticed that it helps in her balance when she is playing hockey. And of course it also helps her build strength in her leg which also helps her stay on her feet in more tricky situations. On top of all that it also helps her improve her stamina as well.

(170 words)

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Tsunny_New_Sig.png?ex=66d56cfd&is=66d41b...e0f6dde96&]

option 1 written:

As you all may very well be aware of - when she is not skating and bashing people on the ice, Lily is a full-fledged KPOP idol stealing hearts around the world. Luckily her idol life is cross-training in a sense, and all has a great impact on her conditioning while playing hockey.

In the idol world, not only do you have to sing amazing, but you have to train countless hours dancing the night away and learning choreography, so that you can entertain the masses as the idol of their dreams. Singing WHILE dancing takes and builds incredible stamina, which is how Lily stays on the ice so much and seemingly rarely gets tired. Additionally, the hours upon hours of dancing increases her agility, body awareness, and quickness - all which allow her to be a speed demon while on the hockey rink. Being an idol really is the perfect cross-training to be a great hockey player.

159 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

Code:
Option 1: 243 Words

-----

I've seen a lot of shit in my time, kid. Lots of dumb shit. Lots of funny shit. Lots of heartbreaking shit. I've been on cup winning teams and I've been on teams that had to sit at home and get excited for the first overall pick. I've done dope, I've crashed cars, I've been diagnosed with mental health issues and I've been there and done it all at this point. Even now, getting into the prime of my career, I feel about ten years older than I actually am. That's the kind of thing that this game does to you. That's the kind of shit that it does to your body, that's the toll that it takes. But even through all of that, I don't know if I'd give it up. It's been one of the best times in my life. I've made friends, enemies, brothers and sisters for life. I've met fans, I've helped the next generation of the game, I've been able to light people's faces up just by playing the same silly fucking game you're out here on the lake playing with your friends right now. And if I could tell you one thing, one thing that you'll take with you when you go home, one thing that you'll forget but might come up again just at the right time? I'll tell you the same thing I tell myself any time I'm feeling down.

"Should've just stuck to Tekken."

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Option 1:

Confused as Bobby Tkachuky follows the plague doctor after numerus weird dreams over the past few weeks and to see the a child that is your next life. Bobby stands there staring at the child for a while before a small smile appears on his face. You will be the next greatest hockey player to ever play in the SHL. Some might say you're the avatar of hockey mastering all four elements speed, strength, precision and leadership. You see every time an avatar dies they are reincarnated into one for the four hockey tribes. Bobby Tkachuky obviously was born into the strength tribe but had gone through the process of mastering the other three element from his tribe. Bobby explains the cycle to the child and how he knows he's from speed tribe. Finally Bobby leaves with four last words, I believe in you. That is the story of the Hockey Avatar.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]