Create Account

S75 PT#4: Spooky Fat Guy Due: Monday, March 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Jiggle E. Puff has a secret method of cross training to be the best hockey player he can be! On top of being a mediocre hockey player, he is also a full time singer songwriter performer in the Kanto region of the Pokemon world! Performing on stage is actually a phenomenal workout, not only for the lungs and heart but also for the whole body. The flexibility Jiggle E Puff has gained from dancing and the other acrobatics his performances include have increased his flexibility, preventing injuries, and his agility and balance on the ice, making him a fearsome skater. For this upcoming offseason tour, Jiggle is actually integrating some ice type moves into his performance, he plans on skating down an ice beam from his drummer, Walrein. For this performance, he will be using a microphone on a hockey stick so that he can work on his stick checking and puck handling while performing!

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Like many, many athletes, Louise St. Martin plays futsal as a source of cross training. Futsal, of course, is an indoor form of football (soccer), and its tighter spaces give game sense a bit more translatable value than, say, 11-a-side. She also does a lot of power skating exercises (kinda drawing on my own personal history with speed skating). In both cases she tries to maintain a low center of gravity so as to be quicker on her feet and more elusive from big, strong, "MUST HIT EVERYTHING" types (that are not super skilled with hockey). If nothing else it kinda spices up the active life instead of it just being hockey and only hockey. She only really play the futsal late in the offseason when she's trying to build fitness, after taking a month or so off to relax after the IIHF World Championships and the Challenge Cup playoffs.

[Image: valpix.gif][Image: 20XRTsR.png]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: kcP9WEd.png]
Citadelles Switzerland
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

[Image: iBmQC6Y.png]

@xjoverax <33

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Willow has started to play soccer in addition to playing hockey because it just offers her an easier time with getting more and more flexible. You learn different skills on the soccer field than you do, but its shocking with how much they translate onto the rink. The main thing is just overall the coordination and timing improves tenfold. In soccer when you’re going for a header or trying to deflect the ball off your foot, it requires insane precision and perfect timing, because if its bad you’re launching that ball 30 feet over the net or you’re just missing the ball entirely and looking like an idiot. On the rink, when your teammate blindly throws a pass in your direction, Willow has been learning how to read it perfectly to her stick and launch it either out of the air or the second that it lands on the rink, and its all because of her effort off the rink on the soccer field.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

[Image: yudd47L.jpeg]

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Alright kid, listen up, because I'm only going to tell you this... well, any time you ask. It's kind of what a dad is for. Also, stop chewing on the table. Why am I giving hockey advice to someone who can't even tie their skates yet? The closest you've come to playing hockey is sitting in the Challenge Cup, which is honestly closer than pretty much any kid your age. Well, if you *are* listening to any of this, the best advice I can give is not to take too much advice. Play the game for as long as you love it, chase whatever goals you want, and leave it all on the ice. You'll get out of this game what you put into it, and that goes so far beyond the stats or the hardware. You'll make lifelong friends, maybe even family, and you'll have memories to cherish for a lifetime. Whatever you do, I'll be watching, and I'll be proud of you.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Option 2 - 166 words

Trevor lahey only knows hockey, well and how to get into trouble with the law, those are the only things he knows how to do. Being a native Canadian, he grew up only playing hockey, and that’s it, he didn’t even know other sports existed until he was a grown man, the man breathes hockey. Cross training in other sports has never crossed his mind. The closest thing Trevor does to cross train is to play goalie from time to time. He feels that this can help him to get into the mind of what a goalie thinks like, learn how they think and react to certain situations. Trevor believes that this gives him an edge above the competition, because the goalie is the main thing standing between him and a goal. Other than that Trevor does like to put too much into extras, it’s hockey or nothing, maybe in another life he would play other sports, but he is 100 percent a forward for life!

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Prompt 1

Marco Barengrub was without a doubt the worst 2k TPE player of all time. He never came close to a PPG, never won anything in juniors and pro and will be easily forgotten. He never listened to his coaches and ended up focusing too much on attributes like checking, positioning, stickchecking and defensive read as a center. The SHL isn't like most other leagues, you have to follow the meta, you can't try something new or you will end up hurting your team for been useless out there. That's why when Marco saw Henri Losanov in a random game he reminded a bit of him. The young goalie would focus on things that hasn't work in the past and he knew he had to intervene for not letting this young man career wasted. After talking a few minutes to the biggest failure of all time, Henri was completely shook and changed his approach by copying Michael McFadden build.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

[Image: O7H9KPA.png]

Mac Turner Doing some archery

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

option 2

Leonard Wood cross trains in a vary of different ways to maintain his sharpness for the game of hockey. He cross trains by playing different sports like soccer, basketball, and tennis. He also enjoys other physical activities like kayaking, taking difficult hikes, and bicycling. In the winter, he takes to skiing on the Colorado rockies to cross train and work on his legs. Often times, he will hit the slopes with a team mate as well. He uses his kayaking as an excuse to get out on the lake to do some fishin'. He tells his coach he's cross training but really he's just out on the lake crackin' beers and vibin'. The other activities are legitimate cross training techniques that have noticeable contributions to his game. But overall, Leonard Wood just loves to hit the ice and play the game of hockey. Really, all those cross training activities are just fun things to do.

[Image: LChpoGG5_o.jpg]

O2

Nash is just an athlete in general and I feel like playing any other kind of sport just endurance wise is really helpful when it comes to playing a full hockey game. Sled dogging is still a past time for Nash and his family, but he also really does enjoy playing baseball and doing some long distance running. Nash is a natural outfielder because he can run super fast and can always get to the ball pretty quickly. When it comes to batting, he tends to bunt and just sprint to first base as quickly as he can on all four paws. Usually a single for Nash turns into a stand in on second base. Nobody has been able to throw Nash out while stealing a base. Long distance running is something that has helped Nash calm down and find his center, almost like a meditation. once he gets in the groove a nice long run is really relaxing for Nash. The extra endurance is always well needed.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

My poor player, my poor Bruno Tooyo has to deal with all these Lucid Dreams and Sleep Paralysis. His inner circle would probably think that he is crazy if he would be honest about all these dreams and visits he has.
I think the message that Bruno Tooyo would share with the child, this little phenom, would not even be related with the skill of hockey and the career of hockey, but it would probably have to do with the whole pass it forward and pass it down nature of these store is. I think one thing that gets forgotten about athletes is that they are more than hockey players, they are humans first. The amount of charity work that is done by these athletes is always astonishing to me and I would want my player to have that mentality, and also the future to have that mentality. You look at the players that coach the youth, those that are involved with the hospitals, even those who run their own charity events to raise money for the less fortunate, that is the legacy I would want to leave on when I retire.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Well well well well well, if it isn't the consequences of Ubba lodbrok's actions. Here he his, the ghost of don cherry who visited Ubbas dream and demanded he peer into the future to see who is the next generation of hockey players. This time, Ubba lodbrok, center for the anchorage Armada, of the simulation major junior hockey league, and prospect for the Philly forge of the simulation hockey league, steps into the ice to take on a bunch of pesky kids. Little does he know that these pesky kids are the next generation of superstars. You have people like Brent Howe, Joe Lafayette, Richard Howe, Peabody Orr, Rebecca Gretzky, Jesus McCabe, Phillip Marleau, Evie Baldy Henrique and Harper Kane. All of them future superstars in their own regards. Now it's Ubba lodbrok's turn to shAre some knowledge with these kids. So he turns and says,

We're all trying to please someone else, And soon you're not a human being, you're a human do-ing. Then what comes next?

A human-going!

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Option 2:

During the off-season, Jay likes to train in a completely different sport to stay in shape, rowing. Rowing is a highly competitive sport where only the fittest of the fit will win, you need to be strong and quick to be good at it. Rowing is a great way of keeping Jay's upper body strong when he's waiting for the new season to start. On top of that, rowing takes immaculate teamwork in order to win. If you're not in perfect timing with everyone else on the boat then you'll drift of course and lose the race. Jay mostly just does rowing in clubs these days, he's getting too old for the competitive leagues but it's still an incredible workout every summer. He's always found that after a summer of rowing, his shot is hard and faster and he can read what his teammates are doing even better. He's probably too old to go to the Olympics but Jay wants to win every race he can

[Image: rFu52UT.jpeg]

Edouard Lavoie spends his summers off the ice at the skate park roller blading. Most of his time is spent in the half pipe pulling off some sick aerial stunts. He nearly went to the X-Games before being offered a spot in a hockey development program. He still uses roller blades as a way to keep up on his cardio and increase his agility. He uses the different jumps and rails in the skate park to improve his balance, speed, and stamina as a way to keep himself physically fit and ready to go once the hockey season comes back around. He still competes in some local events, but has decided to keep things fairly simple to avoid injury in the offseason. It is  a fun hobby, but he does it mostly as a way to stay ready for his primary goals of being a great hockey player. His focus is and always will be success on the ice. The hobby is a great workout to keep Lavoie ready to go.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]