Create Account

S76 Championship Week Due: Thursday, May 23th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2024, 09:42 AM by steveoiscool. Edited 6 times in total.)

1. sven - 3 TPE (hopefully)

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. Looking at save percentage and goals against average it seems that Beau Kavanagh has the upper hand over Justin Time. Do you think they do or are those numbers misleading?
There's nothing misleading about goalie stats in the playoffs. We've seen time and time again that the "best" team doesn't necessarily win in the playoffs, and most of the time it's because of the goalie. A hot goalie can be the reason a good team beats a great one, but at the end of the day you still need goals to win.
d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?
I think that both teams have had a bit of an easier than expected path to the finals. San Fran got to dodge Texas, who I thought would be cup contenders. Baltimore did have some bangers to get through, but Hamilton in the conference finals had to feel like a bit of a relief. 
e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?
A lion would definitely win a fight between a lion and an eagle. I have no doubt that the eagle would definitely mess the lion up a bit, but birds are honestly so ridiculously fragile. One good hit from the lion and the bird is mortally wounded, even if it would get away.
f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
I'm cheating a bit here, but I would've expected BAP to win the cup. Nothing against the Pride, but prior to this season they've just lacked the killer edge to close out the big series. Kudos to them though, happy they've finally gotten their hardware. Now we see if they can turn it into a dynasty or a one hit wonder.

11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)

Robo Sven initially chose Japan since most of the parts manufactured to reassemble him were produced there. However, after seeing the working conditions of the people who made those parts, he couldn't justify playing for them. As luck would have it, he was approached by Latvia and offered a position on their growing roster. He was able to sign up and be part of a nation with a lot to prove, and it feels great to hopefully help them achieve their international goals while dispensing hockey justice. This season will be the first season he plays for Latvia, and surely it will be a season to remember. (107 words)

13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

San Fransisco Pride finally won the cup! They've been around for a good while (longer than I have!) and haven't been able to lift the cup before now, so it's been long overdue and I'm sure they're feeling great. Baltimore Platoon also did great making their way back to the finals, as they've had a pretty rough stretch as of late. I'm sure it won't be the last time we see either of these teams at the top, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they've built their teams to have continued success. We've seen a lot of these teams go all in for one season of success, so I hope that's not the case here and we'll see them making waves again next season.

14. Written, 3 TPE - But I thought the season was already over (150 words min.)

It will probably come as no surprise that Maine Timber and the Quebec City Citadelles have met each other in the Four Star Finals, since they were both in the top 3 during the regular season. Quebec City definitely had a tough matchup against the Berserkers in the conference finals, beating them in 5 games after vanquishing a surprise effort from the Vancouver Whalers in 4 games. Maine barely squeaked by the Kraken in their conference finals, but I'm sure that hasn't dissuaded them at all. They were the top team in the league in the regular season, but no one remembers the President's trophy winners, so they'll be looking to finalize a solid season with a cup win. It should be a very close series given both of these team's pedigree and performance this season, but more often than not I find that those are exactly the type of series that end in lopsided victories. Maine in 4.

Milestones - 2 TPE

16/16

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

CW Pass

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2024, 08:56 AM by Fluw.)

GM/Simmer/HO Pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

CW pass

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

GM pass

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

3 - 3 TPE
I think that the San Francisco Pride have a better chance at making it back to the finals in the next few seasons as their team is fairly young and have more players drafted in Season 70 and after than the Platoon do. Baltimore has 6 players that were drafted in Season 65 or earlier and San Francisco has just 2 drafted in Season 65 or earlier and both were acquired in trades this past offseason. The Pride seem to have built through drafts and trades to be good in the next couple seasons and this season they look to be at the very beginning of their cup window. A lot of their players from Season 69 onwards are max earning and haven't hit their peaks yet. I think their core will peak once their 4 Season 71 players hit their maxes so I am confident this team will be good for a while and will be back soon. Baltimore is not a super old team by any means but with the Pride being built for the future I think it is more important for the Platoon to win now.

4 - 3 TPE

I don't believe in the president's trophy curse, but I do think the Platoon haven't been tested as much in the playoffs as the Pride. I think beating the Panthers was a good challenge for San Francisco and the adversity of going to 7 games against the arguably best team in the league has prepared them for the finals. Baltimore is in a good spot but I think the momentum San Francisco has after beating the Panthers and knocking out Winnipeg will help them more in the finals. Baltimore did face Philadelphia and went 7 games against them in a good battle. The Pride's top 6 forwards are all producing at a crazy rate of 1.25+ points per game and they have 8 players at a point per game. Baltimore has 3 players sitting at 1.25+ points per game and 5 players at a point per game. Both are producing great but the depth of San Francisco will win it I believe.

6. 3 TPE

*General Manager Efischermann sits down next to fellow Argonauts manager Kondos, surrounded by Seattle reporters and media from around the Simulation Hockey League at the end of season press conference. Providing quotes and in-depth breakdowns for the next season, the conversation shifts to the future of the Seattle Argonauts franchise where they had this to say:* The Argonauts are looking out to the horizon and are happy to see the hardships the franchise has endured are coming to an end soon. With another high draft pick this season, we are starting to pull up our recent draftees in the upcoming season. We had Rence Sykut called up this past season who was our lone graduate from the Season 73 draft and he finished as the team's leading scorer with 55 points. Exciting prospects are coming up in the next few seasons as the Future Argos will hopefully make an impact like Rence did in his rookie season. Shadow Fenix was a second round steal for our franchise and coming off an 84 point season in the SMJHL we hope to see him produce well for the team next season, another big bright spot for the future of Seattle.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2024, 09:45 AM by Rabidsponge21. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=720145 - PBE PT (3 TPE)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max

Dougcat (keyword)

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?

Now here me out on this one. Like 99% of people likely are going to pick the Lion and rightfully so. The lion has like 400 lbs probably on the eagle. But you know what the lions doesnt have? Wings and speed. Now I don't think the eagle would outright win in a 1 on 1 but in a battle or attrition? Oh 100% - Swoop down and damage the lions eyes making it blind? Bam lion starves in no time. Eagle Wins. (82 words)

f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

Platoon obviously. As a former Platooner I am going to cheer for the team that took in my 1st player and helped them reach the hall of fame and wins a couple cups to boot. Plus the Platoons branding is about 90000x nicer than the prides. The prides is branding is just yuck. No thank you for the clear message being forced with that one. (65 words)

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

GM Pass

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

CW pass

GM pass

CW Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

CW Pass

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2024, 11:08 PM by ValorX77. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trivia: Word is Valor

ISFL Affiliate

2. In my opinion, the Baltimore platoon needs to win the cup more than San Francisco. First, the platoon has a quite long championship drought, they have last won the cup in S47, while San Fran has made the finals 3 times and lost every single time. So why do I, Valor, believe that the Platoon deserve the cup more? Take a look at the age of our roster. The team is significantly older than the Pride. I also believe that San Francisco is playing in a tough western conference, with teams such as Los Angeles (who pushed the pride to a game 7) and Texas. I believe that Baltimore has the easier path to get back into the finals, as their only real threat is the Philadelphia Forge, who pushed the Platoon to 7 games, and beforehand, always thwarted the Platoon in the playoffs. But I believe that Baltimore’s group has a lot more heart than anybody realizes. Just take a look at some of our greats. @hhh81 @WildfireMicro @takethehorizon @SDCore @MikeLiut @NYR73 @Dangles13

9/8

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

HO CW pass

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

HO Offseason Pass

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]