Create Account

S77 PT #0: Call me again when the season starts Due: Sunday, June 9th @ 11:59 PM PST

Kal Åkar spent the offseason preparing for his move from Detroit to Buffalo, until a last moment trade before the S77 SHL draft saw him destined for the city of Seattle. Kekkonen was eager to get a move on to his new home and meet the fans. As soon as he landed in Seattle, Kekkonen went to the arena and began to skate and train for the season ahead. Kal Åkar is making a big jump, expected to play top minutes on the Argonauts as a rookie. It has been a crucial summer to prepare for the daunting challenge ahead. There are plenty of other young players on the team, so it helps Kal Åkar relax and settle into his new environment. Kekkonen hopes to be able to give the fans something exciting to cheer for this season, and that means it’s time to work extra hard. As the season draws near, Kekkonen continues to ramp up the preparation.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

There's no convincing needed because the team is currently unable to reach Rasmus Bergling. He knows exactly when the season starts and when he has to be present in Los Angeles - until then he has locked himself in a cave in the woods as a sort of darkness retreat, not unlike the one that Aaron Rodgers did. Now you're probably wondering: isn't that something that insane people do? The answer is probably yes. But at the same time, Rasmus says it helps him find peace after a season in which you're dealing with a lot of noise from outside the team, inside the locker room and inside your own head - you can just be in the dark and really center yourself before getting back into the mix. So while he loves his team and wants to be part of things, it's simply not possible unless someones ready to go through all the caves in rural Sweden until they find the one Rasmus is holed up in.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

P2:
As the offseason winds down and team training camp approaches, I am aware of the importance of these final weeks. I adopt a balanced approach, blending rest, physical training, and skill training to ensure I'm at my peak when the new season begins.

I ramp up my gym sessions, focusing on both strength and endurance training. My regimen includes weightlifting, cardiovascular exercises to ensure I'm in top physical condition. My strength training involves squats, deadlifts, bench press, and core exercises, while my cardio routine features HIIT sessions, long-distance runs, and cycling. To maintain flexibility and prevent injuries, I incorporate yoga and stretching routines.

On the ice, I dedicate time to improving specific technical aspects of my game, such as stickhandling, shooting accuracy, and skating agility. I hire a specialized coach for one-on-one sessions to fine-tune these skills and incorporate new techniques that could give me an edge in the upcoming season. My stickhandling drills include quick hands drills, obstacle courses, and puck control exercises, while my shooting practice focuses on wrist shots, snap shots, and one-timers. Skating drills involve agility ladders, edge work, and speed drills.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Normally, I would take player appearances on a case by case basis. Advertising is always funny. Hockey players aren’t known to have personality, but I love being a ham and will never turn the opportunity to fuck around for a paycheck down. Meet and greets… eh??? Not sure why I would go to one of those either considering I’m kind of a nobody. They can get a little weird sometimes too… ever since sports betting got more normalized people kinda fell off the deep end. I don’t really have the luxury to pick and choose now though. I just got traded after all! I’ve had to pack up and move to Quebec, to looking into living somewhere in LA, only to get slingshotted back up to Minnesota. The absolute last thing I need is to piss off management and get me traded again. Even if I hate it I’m just gonna have to grin and bear it for now… I suppose the mojitos can wait.

Argenti Gorilla jumped at the idea for a cross marketing campaign as he knew just the gorillas to call up. Argentine’s father is the esteemed CEO and inventor of Gorilla glue so when he heard about this required marketing event he figured he’d give his old man a call and have a hockey and gorilla glue crossover. But while he was at his he also figured he’d give his uncle a call. A certain ape by the name of Donkey Kong. See his company had just recently expanded and bought out the Dole food company so Argenti figured it would be a great opportunity to promote their new expansion into other fruits and chocolates. Also with his uncle being a video game icon and close friend to world famous Mario Jump Man Mario he figured that maybe he could even get a Mario or Donkey Kong themed hockey game could be possibly made. That one is still being pitched so we’ll just have to see but either way the marketing campaign went off without a hitch.

Written Prompt 1

"Rose I need you to punch me in the face."
"What? Why would I ever-?"
"C'mon it won't hurt me, you know that."
"Ok, give me one good reason to hurt you."
"... We'll rent a movie. Your pick."

James's plan went off without a hitch. A video call with the General Manager and some extra emphasis on his fresh shiner of a black eye was enough to avoid being dragged to yet ANOTHER boring meet and greet. It wasn't even that difficult to spin a story about how he got it, with the rough and tumble reputation James earned on the ice. Though he may be a fast healer, to just stumble upon this bad luck the day before... Who would've guessed?
Not to say that James got off Scot free. Rose went out of her way to pick just the cheesiest romance movie she could find just to mess with him. Within about 30 minutes James was weighing the decision he had made.

"I'm the best there is at what I do... and what I do isn't very nice."

[Image: KMCIWeC.png]

Written Option 2

Typically speaking, the ramp up in exercise/training begins 10 weeks before the season. Even "off time," Darnell is still active to maintain his base, but beginning 10 weeks out he will start slowly ramping up to a peak approximately 2 weeks before the season opener (give or take a day or two). By slowly ramping up, Darnell is able to take longer and more extensive workouts and the slow progression of the ramp up allows him to target issues identified in the offseason in a more controlled way. By peaking about two weeks before the season starts, there's a little bit of runway for Darnell to begin slowing down and easing up in case of any injuries or fatigue - but, mind you, he'll still be working out and practicing throughout the season, but the marked comedown does make transitioning into the season's training a bit more comfortable. The big news for Darnell this season is his transition into a forward position, he's dabbled with it in the IIHF, but this season he's making the full commit to switching to the wing for his club as well. Lots of practices will be focused on new positioning and breakouts and such.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Sim Team Head - PT Pass

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Option 2:

In the weeks prior to getting ready to start the season, the workout routines for Matiss get a lot more intense and strenuous to get the body ready to enter a new season. The workouts are specifically designed to get a person ready to be an SHL hockey player to the best of their abilities. As far as specifics into the training, it includes a lot of off of his hockey skills, plyometric training, speed and footwork training, and weight lifting. In the last weeks of training, Matiss shoots between 100 to 200 pucks a day. Plyometric training involves a lot of box jumps, squat jumps, and lunge jumps. Speed and footwork training involves a lot of ladder exercises working on quick explosive feet for speed acceleration, and agility. Finally as far as weight lifting goes, each day is a new set of muscles to build upon what has been done over the off-season. That pretty much sums up the last weeks for Matiss to go into the season.

Option 2: Kenny been focused ever since offseason began in getting even better for his sophomore season, because the main thing he wants to achieve this season is to improve his numbers all across the board. He's worked so hard, in fact, that he decided for the last few weeks of the offseason, it was probably a better idea to take it easy and relax so that he doesn't tire himself out before the season has even started. Granted, in Kenny's eyes, "taking it easy" doesn't really mean that he's completely relaxed. It still involves a lot of working out and training, but it is done at a much lower intensity than normal and it's really only meant as a way for him to stay in good shape and not let himself get overcome with the laziness urges that often plague him when decides to relax and not do anything productive. It also does mean that Kenny will be taking the time to catch up on shows and movies he didn't get a chance to watch during the last season, which should be a really fun way to spend some time off.

Code:
Word count: 190 words

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

the closer we get to offseason ending, my player gets more and more locked in. he trains hard all summer but goes hard by the end. he is especially motivated after a devastating finals loss. he has plans to finish the job next season and that will take hard work. his favorite way of practicing is playing roller hockey, he laces up the roller blades daily throughout the summer. he starts going to the gym more often. plyometrics is huge for him. there has to be a balance though, it's important to spend time with friends and family over summer cause he does not get time with them during the regular season and playoffs. he is incredibly focused during the season and does not make time for that, so making that time in the summer is a must. it can be challenging to find the balance  but it is necessary to be successful in the league and stay mentally well

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Artturi Lappalainen is the kind of guy who does not particularly enjoy being made to be a face of the franchise, that kind of thing just isn't his main jig. When General Manager Joe gives him a call to do an event, usually he ends up doing it just out of respect for good ol' GM Joe, but he wouldn't actively offer himself in place of another teammate for an event. This summer, however, was Artturi's planned prime vacation: he was going around the world, and he definitely didn't want to be interrupted by any pesky general managers or social media moguls asking him to do photo ops for their publicity stunts. Sudden call from GM Joe regarding a media event happening back in New Orleans? Sorry, he's actually skydiving into the Pacific Ocean with a bunch of scuba gear to then go diving right now (how did he pick up the phone if he's skydiving? well, you see, it's actually really easy to do that...) Need to get on a podcast? Sorry, his microphone's broken (how is he talking on the phone then? oh, he's using a buddy's...)

Written 1

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Written Option 2:

For the last final weeks of the offseason, Daniel Grumathan always has a specific routine. Since most of the start of the offseason is spent spending time with family or friends, Grumathan will slowly back into the daily grind of a professional hockey player. He establishes a daily routine and slowly adds to it each week depending on the progress that he makes until eventually near the end, it is a full schedule of rigorous training and film steady. This is to ensure he is at peak form once the season starts and is prepared to manage the load of a full new season both on his body and on his mind. However, unlike some stars Grumathan will actually take the last week before the season off. He trains the very last day but otherwise it is a time for rest and spending the last few days of the offseason again with his friends and family to relax himself before the long season ahead.

Obviously we all know how the start of offseason goes, plenty of relaxation and rest, and some fun with family and friends. There's some golfing involved as well for sure. But when it comes to the season starting back up again, the training and preparation has to start fresh. There's a lot of conditioning work in play to make sure everyone's back in playing shape, which means lots of running distance, sprints, and various exercises to focus on stamina and playing without getting exhausted. We also had a fair amount of prospects come up to Calgary this season, so there's a lot of work being done to familiarize those players to the SHL level of play. Theres some film work involved and some scrimmages to practice various plays and to develop some chemistry. Acclimating these new players to the speed of the SHL is crucial to getting the team in a good shape. We're all hoping that this season goes well, and we're putting in the work!

Carter Crutchfield is preparing for his season a little differently this go around compared to last time. With the young defenseman joining the Chicago Syndicate this season, Crutchfield has a lot more additional preparation to do, such as studying game tape from other SHL teams to see what the level of play is (Crutchfield has mainly been keeping up with the juniors as that is the league he is in), as well as working on his skills further to become a better defenseman and more of an asset for the Chicago Syndicate. With being traded this offseason from the San Francisco Pride, Crutchfield has to learn the city of Chicago and learn his way around, which is probably a little more difficult than the whole hockey part of things. With that being said, I think that Crutchfield will have a good debut for the Syndicate and hopefully elevate his level of play to match the level of play in the SHL.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]