Create Account

S77 PT #0: Call me again when the season starts Due: Sunday, June 9th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Option 1:

Yeah, I don't mind doing promo work in the offseason it shows not only I'm a team player but I'm willing to be a face of franchise type player or at the very least a fan favorite. After I kinda blew up in popularity last off season I think it's a great idea to keep my name out there. Plus going to Japan last year was awesome and it would be cool to go somewhere cool this offseason all on the team's dime. Plus, I get to see and interact with more of the fans which I love doing, they've been really good to me, and I always want to thank them for all the support. And yeah I'll pick up some of the slack if other players turn down opportunities but they are really missing out, plus being a fan favorite opens up other opportunities down the road.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Red Kirkby likes to prepare for the season by getting all of his Forge team mates to submit songs to a song league playlist. Then he listens to them one by one while furiously working out and gives them a final rating. Each week he changes the playlist up and the team mates are awarded points for where they end up in the previous weeks standings. Even former team mates like Scoochie Stratton and Mitchell Van Der Heijden have been getting involved in recent iterations. In fact it is Lenny Hawk followed by Scoochie who are leading the rankings so far this season. While not overly serious it is a fun way to get the team together in a bit of friendly competition before the season gets underway. It does however expose you to the absolutely terrible music taste of some of your team memebers which at least serves as a way for you to vet any potential locker room DJ's.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

I am so glad that the off season is almost over, it feels so long and always exciting to get through the begin the new season. My player takes the off season very seriously and knows that it is a time for him to improve on any weaknesses that he has. With this off season being the first as an shl player and not in the smjhl, he did not take any days off and was at the practice facility daily, honing in his skills to make sure he is ready for his rookie season. There is not much special training that Slurpe does, how ever he makes sure to watch hours worth of his film daily, to better understand his own game. And then, on the flip side he is watching the tape of his teammates to see how they player, and then how he his style can fit into the team's play style.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Option 2:
Now that training camp is over, it is time to catch a quick rest before jumping into the season. In the week before the start, it is important to visit with my family and friends. As once the season starts, it becomes all business and I may not seem them very often. I always take the opportunity to fly home to France to visit. I am also sure to hit up the day spa while I am there. Nothing puts the body in great shape like a massage and a hot sauna. The whole atmosphere of being home not only can be physically relaxing, bit mentally relaxing as well. When in my home country I feel at ease. I can be amongst my people who I have known growing up as a child. It is a very close community who all cheer me on. That is the best part of the off-season break. Now that it's almost over it's time to win another cup.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2024, 02:21 AM by Scrufdaddy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written Option 1:
At this point in his career, Slip McScruff can always negotiate for more off season time in the name of rest. We all know what we are getting out on the ice, so it's not like the coaches will learn anything new. It's not like Slip will learn anything new, he has a role and knows exactly how to fill it. If he really needs to make the case, then his golf swing will help with his slap shot or his wrist shot, maybe with his patience. 18 holes can build up a solid endurance and stamina.

Slip also sold his identity and data to an AI company so they could try building a deep fake celebrity. Slip McScruff makes for a very affordable celebrity likeness and in return, they run his AI deep fake during team media events so he doesn't have to attend. He says enough stupid stuff that the fans have barely noticed.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Getting back into the swing of things like the start of a new training camp, is all about getting back into routine. The week before training camp, de Vries remembers to start to try and get a reasonable sleeping schedual in so that he can start getting in his daily workouts and training camps in. He starts ramping up his cardio workouts everyday to make sure that when it comes times to train, he can get ready to train all day if needs be. Then, he starts working on his diet each day, weeding out the bad stuff in his refrigerator by uh, "disposing" of it (normally via eating the junk food) to make sure he only has top of the line food when it comes to training, and he will be in tip top shape for the day training comes. Then, he'll make sure that everything in his house is taken care of, repairs and all, so that nothing comes up to distract him and de Vries can commit 100%
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2024, 02:54 AM by Seany148.)

Edžus spent a good chunk of his rather short offseason (cup champion problems, ya know) training as much as possible. He also takes the cup home in Latvija (again because he won it back to back, just thought I’d remind you of it), shows it to mom and dad, and then gives it back to the next teammate for their day with the cup. In addition, goaltender Justin Time, after winning the cup alongside him, suggested for him to coach two Quebec City rookies who just won the cup, Sonja and Frøya Solberg (aka @Tsunny and @NaomiMannequeen). Why? Who knows, maybe Time thought Ozolins was that good (he isn’t)! What’s sure is that one Solberg clearly needed more coaching than the other, so while one was skating around the rink and having fun, the other, Sonja, was skating at full speed, intercepting a puck, then shooting all in one go for multiple instances. Edžus, for some reason that could be called ego, could not stand his two new protégés, who he had 0 affiliation with, to not perform super well at the pro level. So, after the small summer training in Quebec City ended, he booked a flight straight to Calgary and continued their training, even though he was kind of not that good at teaching them. His naive heart believed to have made an impact, but most importantly, the real impact was to Edžus’ social life: he got the number of a charming woman while in Quebec City, and he cannot wait to see where this leads him to. Weirdly enough, the more hard working Solberg, seemed kind of… mad after noticing Ozolins on the phone with someone. Maybe his teaching became subpar as he was slightly more distracted?

286 words

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]