Create Account

S77 PT #3: Humppaa Suomesta Due: Sunday, June 30th @ 11:59 PM PST

#2: Playing in the SHL has been a fun and eye-opening experience for Tony Soprano. From the start, his foreign teammates have kept things interesting. He’s now hooked on Swedish meatballs and Japanese sushi, realizing there's more to life than pasta and cannoli.

Tony's locker room playlist is all over the place now. Thanks to his Finnish teammate, he's headbanging to heavy metal.

And then there's soccer. Tony used to think it was just a bunch of people kicking a ball around, but now he’s all in, cheering loudly with his European teammates during matches.

But the biggest surprise? Saunas. At first, Tony was weirded out by the idea of sitting in a hot box with a bunch of sweaty guys. Now, he’s the first one in, loving the heat and the chance to hang out with his teammates.

Meeting people from different cultures has been a blast for Tony, making his life on and off the ice a lot more fun.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

The diversity of teammates has definitely been pretty neat to experience, from lifestyles to general interests and likes. The Americans and Canadians have shared the most interesting things with the Finnish native, Cheeks Klapanen. Of course, images of their gorgeous ladies whom Cheeks is definitely interested in is deeply appreciated. But the variety of foods, the changes in culture such as how they drive and the general political and governmental structures of the countries are very interesting to hear about and experience. The amount of various cuisines is especially enjoyable to try out, as the team likes to go to different restaurants after home games. The additional sports such as NBA basketball and NFL football are fun to experience, along with the competitive rival hockey league NHL. Everyone in the locker room has their own various sport preferences and favorite teams that get rooted for in the locker room, making up various pockets of interest that Cheeks gets to enjoy. Diversity is amazing to experience!

Red Kirkby is very lucky in terms of his unbrining exposing him to other cultures and countries. He was born in New Zealand to a British father and Kiwi mother. His paternal grandparents hailed from Scotland and Sweden so even from a young age he was given plenty of opportunity to experience different ideas, food and culture. So by the time he moved to the United States to follow in the footsteps of his dad and play hockey in the SHL he already had a healthy taste for different things. That has only been increased with his time in the Forge. Unlike many hockey teams there are not that many Canadians in Philadelphia and there is even another New Zealander in Base Pack! However there are plenty of Scandanavians and Americans and while they are good fun Red most likes to hang out with South Korean San-Sam Emerson as he consistently cooks the best food on the team.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Option 2: After coming overseas from France to play in the SHL, specifically in New England, Antoine Beauregard has learned how classless it is in the United States. New England is known for their seafood and clam chowder, it is a stark contrast from France where all cuisine is famous. The French are the premier culinary masters of the world and coming to a place with 1 specialty is funny and sad to me. Also the French rap and hip hop scene is so much better than the commercialized hip hop industry in America. Every song is just about making money and drinking champagne. In France our hip hop explores the real struggle of the streets. Our art explores the will of society, our culture is shared among all our people as one. It really opened my eyes seeing how fragmented things are in a Erica, and made me realize how blessed I am to come from a country where the people all support each other.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

playing in the shl has made my player a more well rounded and open minded person. he has seen a lot of different teammates from all kinds of places around the world, so he has learned a lot. he had decided to learn multiple languages to help communicate with all of his teammates, something he takes pride in as a captain. it's important that players feel comfortable talking to their captain, so taking the time to learn language and understand other cultures makes him a lot more approachable and makes him a better captain. the comradery is my player's favorite part of the sport, so he is making the most of it. he has learned about all kinds of things along the way, especially food. he loves swedish food in particular. he loves IIHF because he gets a chance to visit other countries around the world, which he does a lot of in his free time too.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Written Option 1: This was actually a common trick that James had to learn from Ogun before he joined the SHL, since they played in Japan so much. Though he eventually learned the language, Howlett's first way to subtly aggravate people was to not shower for a few days before the game. Then, just before the game, douse himself with an awful cologne. He's wearing nose plugs the whole game so he doesn't incapacitate himself, but it's all worth it. His naturally close and physical play style, combined with the biohazard smell he can throw anyone off their game. As for the fight itself, James isn't a pushover either. He's smaller than most opponents but that works to his advantage. Plus when every punch has a second slug of stink afterwards it's an exponential growth of pain. This technique is volatile though, liable to affect your team as much as your enemies and can only be attempted under great duress

"I'm the best there is at what I do... and what I do isn't very nice."

[Image: KMCIWeC.png]

Task 2:

Argenti in his first season was playing for the Quebec Citadels and while he was there he started to pick up a few things. through the help of a few of his teammates our favorite gorilla started to learn French although a certain famous family friend of his tells him that he should focus on his Italian studies instead. He also developed a taste for Poutine and Bannock. Now that he’s in Calgary he’s also started learning how to fish as well as snowboard although that one he’s already been taught the basics by a funky relative. Though Skiing has been particularly challenging for him. The poor ape was flipped upside down in the first 3 minutes of his trying it. Although what’s helped him the most is his teammates go get um attitude. Their boundless kindness and sheer blinding niceness twords him has helped the young gorilla shed a lot of the fear of failure that he’s harbored ever since he was an infant (yes that is the offical name for baby gorillas. I checked.)

To make somebody angry is to strike them in a way that would force them to be completely reactive. In doing so their ego must be the object of the attacks. It would require an incredibly personal and intimate knowledge of the team's best player.

I would require our front office to put together a committee who's entire purpose is to put together a profile of the target in order to best know where to start and what areas to target would be most effective.

Now the tough part is trying to target things that also wouldn't cross over the typical social norms within the game. Otherwise if that was fair game then really you could just say about anything else and get away with it to the detriment of your own reputation. Targeting somebody's family member, an incredibly personal aspect of their life or anything else that would be unacceptable in any other situation would go simply too FA.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

[Image: latest-cb-20110525185057.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Written Option 1: So you got good advice from discord and decided to spent most of your TPE on aggression and fighting. Now your player wants to go and fight the star player on opposing team but you realize during the first period that they are tough as nails and wont be shaken by hard hits. On top of that they barely seem to understand English. Yet your player knows better than to take instigation penalty on top of fighting, so how do they make the star player on other team mad? Do they use sign language? Download a dualingo during the intermission? Hire a translator?

How does one instigate a fight with a goalies 200ft away? Start before the game even begins. Get them all hot and bothered with social media before he even steps on the ice. Once the seed is planted it then takes a full team effort to work towards engaging the netminder and trying to upset him. A little chip here and a little hack there and ruffle his feathers a bit. Now from my end of the ice he seems like a straight shot. Tibuk is not a small man but when your opposition towers over even him there is always a fear. If I am lucky an all out line brawl will occur (to defend their harassed goal keeper) and I can make my way to centre ice and flaunt my will "come get it you half baked shooter tutor". He approaches and it is now that I know I've already won.

153 words

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 2:

What I have learned from my team mates from other countries is that each country has their own drinking habits and customs. You would say that there can not be many differences when it comes to downing a bottle of vodka or a good scotch, but there are a ton of differences. Also when it comes to taking certain drugs there are differences. In one country you snore cocaine and in the other you digest it in other ways. It is quite surprising to see. Also when it comes to food and country specialties there are a lot of differences. The Germans take their sausages quite seriously, while in other countries a pork sausage is cheap and low end food. Then you have the Austrians with their schnitzels, that is a whole other dimension of traditions. One thing many countries have in common though is that they all like to drink a nice cold beer on a hot summer night.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

you really dont need language to communicate with someone. in the theater they perfected this a long time ago by throwing tomatoes at the stage if the actors sucks. so if all the world's a stage and the rink is literally lined by fans then it is entirely possible that I could convince a bunch of fans to smuggle tomatoes into the game and when the time is right, unload them all onto the ice at one guy. in the words of the area 51 storming thing they cant stop us all so there's nothing security could do about like 100 people throwing tomatoes and I think that they would really get the message that they suck. other stuff could be substituted if there's like a tomato shortage or something so you could do idk pumpkins that would be crazy but hard to smuggle unless everyone pretended to be pregnant idk some other squishy fruit thing would work

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

Written Option 1:

Slip McScruff is actually a master manipulator because he is unpredictable. The star players all know exactly what a competent hockey player would do in any given situation, but with Slip McScruff, they aren't dealing with a competent hockey player. He can make them look like fools just by making the worst decisions and taking the worst shots possible.

So we find ourselves in a situation where Slip McScruff picks a fight with a secretly tough goal scorer. To get into their head, Slip critiques their technique very genuinely and says the most frustratingly wrong things. He gets into their head and they can't help but try to correct him. However, you can't debate an idiot. Every valid point that they make, he has some totally new way to be boldly incorrect. The natural conclusions are either the gloves coming off to settle the point or the star comes away with a new perspective which shatters his ability to score goals. Either way, Slip will blissfully continue to exist in a bubble of ignorance in the box opposite his new friend.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]