Create Account

S77 PT #4: Hometown Hero Due: Sunday, July 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

Last game of the season, overtime, the pressure is on and Nuck already has scored the last 2 goals in the game to bring the score to 2-2. Somehow Will was able to score TWO goals in overtime to win the game and complete the natural hattrick! The barn goes absolutely nuts and Nuck is in the process of disrobing all the way down to his jock strap and skates. Blowing kisses to the fans he does laps around the ice while throwing the Maine back up sticks into the crowd! Its complete pandemonium and there is zero chill in the arena. Arena management is looking on in horror as the fans feed off of the ruckus that Nuck is causing and calls are flooding 911 and every non emergency first responders as humanly possible. Even the local pound was called in hopes to bring the bedlam to a halt. What a day to be a Timber fan!

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Code:
Mayor of your players hometown reaches out to them and lets them know that the whole city council is impressed with your players performance. They want to name something after your player and hope they will attend the ceremony. But unfortunately everything hockey related is already named by the last great player from the city and they don’t dare to change it, so instead they let your player make the pick. So will it be a school, mall or maybe disc golf range? What will be your player’s pick and why? If it is a new place being built what does your player want to be included on it? Will they attend the ceremony, how does it go?

A library.

At the end of this season for the Patriotes, the John Peanut library will be christened and made available to the youth of the area he grew up in.  JP is terribly excited to be in attendance as the library and books in general were a fantastic escape from the daily ridicule he received in his formative years.  I mean, obviously thing that are different are mostly frowned upon by the general population that doesn't understand it, and to be fair he's a walking talking humanoid peanut that plays hockey.  Even JP doesn't understand it.  But somewhere, through millions and millions of pages of text, there has to be a connection between two things that explains it, and in the mean time those same millions and millions of pages provides an avenue of escape from everyday life where he could live out his greatest adventures before finding hockey.

That freedom to exist is something he definitely wants to pass on, so at the end of the season JP will welcome the library in his name.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

After all that she has done for the Knights and the city of Kelowna, Jennifer would like for Kelowna’s concert hall to be named after her. As someone who is both an idol and a hockey player, the concert hall is a big honor as it represents both sides of her life. She has performed with Le Sserafim at that same concert hall, and for it to now bear her name means that not only has she succeeded as an idol, but also as a hockey player, at least at the SMJHL level. She understands why something like the arena could not be named after her, and with the legacy the Knights have she also understands the great players that have come before and deserve the honor. Jennifer does attend the naming ceremony, joined by both her Kelowna teammates and her bandmates in Le Sserafim, and while it truly is an honor, she knows she still has much more to accomplish in her career.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

For Ju-gong, there would be little that such a humble person would pick to name for themselves. Even if they could name a hockey rink after themselves, they probably would never have the nerve to do so in regards to feeling unworthy of such a thing. That said, a little gesture isn’t something he would out right refuse either. More likely than not, he would make a simple request to have a street name (ideally near his home) changed in his honor. That would be perfect in his mind, but probably far from what a city council would consider a reasonable show of respect towards the goalie. Probably more likely than not there would have to be some meeting in the middle, and when it’s all said and done, a community park outside of Busan would suffice well. There would be no plaques and certainly no statues, but just the name Song Community Park or something along those lines would go well.

Chrząszczyżewoszyce has never produced a professional hockey player prior to Grzegorz, but also has no hockey infrastructure to name after him, and no money to build any. All the good stuff is a 30 minute train ride away in Krakow. Anyway, Chrząszczyżewoszyce has chosen to rename a rebuilt Soviet-era gymnasium after Grzegorz. Vladimir Lenin is no longer a popular man in the area, so the old name had to go. Grzegorz barely beat out Pope Jan-Pawel in the naming vote. Still, it's a good place now. The swimming pool works for the first time since 1964! Grzegorz will attend the naming ceremony, bring his American wife back to Poland for a few weeks vacation, and get very drunk many times. This will be great fun for Grzegorz and all his family. His wife will like the Krakow street food and the Gdansk architecture very much. And the he will take the first swim in the working and safe Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz Swimming Pool, which he prayed for God to fix every day as a boy. A prayer answered a bit late is still a good answer. Now the next generation of village boys can swim whenever they like.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Robo Sven is very excited to participate in the grand opening of the Robo Sven Prostetic Development Center. While the process to mechanize Robo Sven's body is very experimental and questionably legal (and he definitely can't disclose where he went to get it done) it has destigmatized and in some cases actually incentivized prosthetic use in the general public. People are no longer bummed when they blow their hands off on the Fourth of July, they're now excited they can get a robotic hand just like their favorite hockey player. Robo Sven hopes that putting his name on this development center will both lead to increased funding to develop prosthetics for people that truly need it, as well as cut down on the double takes they get while waiting at the bank. Prosthetics can be looked at as less of "replacements" and more of "improvements", since that is definitely what it has been for Robo Sven.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Option 1

I think the most obvious answer to the question of what should be named in honour of Ylib Kove is a park or nature reserve in the general area of Quebec City. The park must have a sheltered inlet to be named Kove Cove. That's really the only point of choosing a nature reserve as the thing to inherit Ylib Kove's name. Of course Ylib also supports the continued protection and maintenance of natural areas, but visiting the naming ceremony at Kove Cove is something that just seems to fit. Other typical ideas like schools, arenas, or roads don't seem to fit as well. Maybe Ylib's brother Nevek will also choose a park to be named after him and then there can be two Kove Coves in the area. Even better, the coves in the nature parks can be named after Kove's first name and then they can be referred to as Ylib Cove. Both options work equally well.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Graphic option 2:

[Image: ruKbh6n.png]

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

When the mayor of Cambridge reached out to Oliver Cornwall to decide how best to honour the City’s pride in the young SMJHL defenceman, the prospect of what exactly to name after him was a problem. With the arena already bearing the name of an all-time great, it was a little bit awkward as Oliver certainly had not earned that right this early on in his career.

Fortunately, puns are a national pastime in Britain, and City Council grabbed ahold of the opportunity. While agricultural output in the area is limited, the City decided that they could seize the opportunity to deliver a fun amenity to the citizens of the Cambridge Community. They all got to work, tilling the soil and mowing the patterns. Eventually the fruits of their labour was there for all to see with a giant corn maze erected just outside of town.

And with that, the community christened the Cornwall Cornwall.

[Image: UufQtZ0.png]
sig credits to @Nokazoa
[Image: wkhxpJS.png]

Option 2: So first of off course the celebrations after the OT win they are gonna be amazing specially i would imagine a fully sold out crowd going nuts in calgary when they felt ah great another loss to edminton but then after some great scoring in third and OT calgary wins oh man i could imagine how loud the arena would get after the OT goal would be one of the higest arena noises ever recorded after that of course the team has to celebrate the victory but nothing over the top since playoffs are going to happen and the team needs everyone to be ready for playoffs and not be ready because of celebrations after that of course also gonna talk to the media like after every game and talk about how the team felt about it and how amazing it was to be in the arena what got so loud specially after winning it must have been an amazing feeling

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

Option 2

Brrrrrnngg, the buzzer rang for the third time in 5 hockey minutes, signaling the end of the game and the Argonauts winning 5-4 in overtime, after being down 4-2 with only a couple minutes remaining in the third. The Argonauts all hopped onto the ice to mob the player that single-handedly brought the game back for them, Shadow Fenix. The fans went wild when the game was tied up, and went absolutely crazy when the game winning goal was also the hat trick goal for Fenix. After being selected as the first star of the game, Fenix in an interview said “I don’t think it was anything special, I just saw my opportunities and took advantage of them. It doesn’t really feel all that great since we were down in the game, but it always makes it better when we can bring the fans a win. I do this for you guys.”

Being from Buffalo, the city was starved for a long time for a title before hitting pay dirt in recent years. Well, at least in Hockey. In Football, I am guessing not enough sacrifices have been made to the gods to break that curse. In any case, with there being so many famous folks from Buffalo from sports figures to politicians and folks of all stripes just having something named for you is a tremendous honor. As I am not particularly famous in Buffalo (yet), my player would prefer to have a street hockey venue named for them at a park. Like me, my player loved playing street hockey as a kid and having the chance to offer the sport to folks from all walks of life in the city would be an amazing gesture. My player will also donate $30,000 dollars for equipment for low income kids and adults who want to take up the sport.

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

Written Option 1: Mayor of your players hometown reaches out to them and lets them know that the whole city council is impressed with your players performance. They want to name something after your player and hope they will attend the ceremony. But unfortunately everything hockey related is already named by the last great player from the city and they don’t dare to change it, so instead they let your player make the pick. So will it be a school, mall or maybe disc golf range? What will be your player’s pick and why? If it is a new place being built what does your player want to be included on it? Will they attend the ceremony, how does it go?

While JJFJJ right now is tearing up the league next season he will be called up. And he will be outmatched. And he will play horribly all across the board, so long story short: He will be trash. So I would go and talk to the Mayor and because it is very funny I would want a recycling/eco centre named after my player. I am pretty sure his hometown already has one of those but you can never have enough of them so lets just build another one! It can be the Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean Centre for economic disposal of TRASH. I think it would be quite unique and also fun and self-deprecating so that is something that aligns quite well with my personality and would make for something special. Everyone can have a stadium or a rink or a high school named after them but how many people have an eco centre named after them so in my opinion that would be something that would cement my player into history.

171 words

[Image: gREvMiW.png] [Image: H3aFgmg.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria