Create Account

S77 PT #4: Hometown Hero Due: Sunday, July 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written option #1:

The city of Vancouver has decided to dedicate anything of Lily Jin Morrow's choosing within the city limits. Therefore, Lily has dedicated a brand new, state-of-the-art concert venue that is dedicated towards KPOP acts (of which Lily is a part of during the hockey offseason). The venue is dubbed "The Lily Pad"

Vancouver doesn't currently get a ton of KPOP bands come overseas to perform, so having a dedicated venue named after one of the most popular KPOP artists (and hockey players) of the moment will be a huge economic influx to Vancouver. Additionally, Lily has mandated the venue remain accessible to all consumers, resulting in low ticket prices, tons of extras (think of VIP packages where you can hang out with the artists), and cheap food prices. Although less profitable than Ticketmaster and Live Nations 9 dollar waters and 15 dollar hot dogs, what the venue lacks in profitability will result in great public opinion, which will lead to every single show selling out and a great boon to Vancouver's music scene.

179 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]
[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

I would hope that Dover is impressed with Viktor, what with him being the only hockey player of note from the area in...ever. By far, and with no exaggeration. The English have much less ridiculous, exponentially less expensive sports to attend to. Minus Viktor Hargreeves that is, who will honestly be kind of surprised that the city council hasn't been soured by his "defection" to Ireland. I'm not going to speculate on who could possibly have hockey-related things/places in Dover named after them already, because it sounds way more fun to go with something more random. My first (not so random) thought was an animal shelter, but Viktor would want to go with something that would have changed his life as a kid: a brand new, state of the art hockey arena. If they'd let him, Vik would happily hold his yearly hockey camps there and fully fund the expenses for every attendee. He's definitely going to pass on attending any ceremonies, though.

Code:
164 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Option 1

I think the idea of building something you if you absolutely have to plaster your name on something has the most charm. This way you can do some actual, tangible good instead of benefitting of a place or institution that was existed before you already and which was built an maintained by other people. What I would try to build up is a sports complex for everyone, with low entry barriers and the chance for people of all ages, shapes and fitness levels, to enjoy sports. It should have pitches and facilities for all kinds of team sports as well as individual workouts. None of them would be too fancy so that the facilities are easy to maintain and the goal would be to give as many people as possible the chance to participate in these activities. I would also add some common areas like a food court or just hang out areas or a pool, so that people can socialize and mingle after their workout as well. That's a facilitiy I'd love to lend my name to!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

[Image: W5llG9v.jpeg]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Something being named after Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen at his home village would not be an exactly shocking thing. Like it or not, he has been the brightest person to ever come out of the place and that is not an insult towards the folks from his hometown. He is just really that unique. As to what would be named after him, that has to be the real question.

Naturally, one would imagine it would make sense to name the local hockey rink after him, given his status as a professional ice hockey player and whatnot, he was also technically the one who managed the basis of the village's ice hockey team, given that most of the players are from the refugee youth team Sunrise managed a while back. That said, however, it would make more sense if it was a school as he is probably better in academic terms than he is in sports terms.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Marks hometown is a bit different since its an airport terminal. Mark was born in the London international airport and due to red tape was stuck their until he turned 18. During his time in the airport Mark was a big fan of slushies and when the London International airport reach out to Mark his first thought was a new slushy shop. To celebrate Mark and all his accomplishments, and because his dad agreed to pay for it, there will be a new shop in the London International airport called Ice and Tots. You can get slushies, shaved ice, other ice cream related treats and of course tater tots. Now if you are asking who wants ice cream and tater tots well you might be surprised. Surprised about what dumb shops can be opened in your name when your dad has money. Come on down to Mark’s Ice and Tots where the only thing better than Mark on the ice is some tots on ice.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

The town where gnabe grew up is about to name local gym after him and his old teammates. The gym will be called the "gnabe Dawson gym for fighting and drinking." This os going tk be the best fighting gym in the entire north east of Norway and it is sp going to be one of the best bars in all of the country of Norway. This building will contain several fighting rings and at least one bar per ring. This wil ensure rhay everyone in the gym is always able to get a drink and then get up in the ring. This is going to be the best training g method for future versions of gnabe to enter into the league and to take out everyone in their path. The league is going to love having the next crop of fighters enter unto the league from Norway to start line brawls and make fans love the game.

Quote:Graphic Option 1: Create an image showing your player opening something named after them.

[Image: q2Tjl8R.jpeg]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

Prompt One

While Willow isn't one for big theatrics and drawing attention to herself, she does like her ego stroked so she'd be all in favor of getting something named after her. If all the hockey stuff is taken, she's going to take an internet cafe back at home in Sweden. Willow is an incredibly big fan of the game Counter Strike and would spend all her hours back at home in internet cafes playing the game whenever she wasn't at the rink of course. There was actually a decision where she abandoned a career in Counter Strike esports to go pro in hockey. Willow would absolutely attend the ceremony mostly because in Sweden the media isn't as obsessed with her like San Francisco is so she wouldn't be mobbed by fans, plus after the opening ceremony she'd be able to tell everyone to leave by just sitting down to play.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

Written Option 1

Bishop Van Apeldoorn was contacted by the mayor of Lloydminster about constructing a new building named after him. This came as a surprise to Bishop but he began to think of an ideal facility worthy of his name. Bishop thought of a design similar to a bowling alley, since bowling was something he loved to do during his childhood. Instead of the standard bowling structure, it would be hockey themed. Instead of using a bowling ball to knock over the pins, you would use a hockey stick to try and knock over the pins. The alley portion would obviously be made of ice instead of wood and the pins would be located in an area resembling a hockey net. There would also be a small arcade with other hockey related games included in the facility. Finally, a small diner would also be included, including a special menu option being a pizza with every topping named after Bishop. This facility would be called the BVA Bowl and Bishop would be there to cut the ribbon himself.

(175 words)

Oh man. The last game of the regular season and Jacppo Nummilavin cannot believe what just happened. The roar of the crowd is deafening and the site and sounds of his teammates rushing towards him begins to overwhelm him. He has just capped off a monumental comeback that sees the Timber win the game by a score of 5-4 and 3 straight goals from Nummilavin. He immediately jumps high in the air and awaits his teammates embrace throwing his head back and screaming "LETS GOOOOOO!" as he is engulfed by the squad. The game carried very little meaning in terms of standings but, in terms of momentum and  confidence it is a huge moment for the young defender that he can carry into the playoffs. The team watches as the hats poor onto the ice and they immediately begin spreading out and thanking the crowd for such an amazing level of support this season. The team knows that there is still a ton of work to do.

Code:
167 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

I think I would like it to be something involving athletics and education. I’m not sure if that counts but maybe the schools sports program or hockey program could be tailored to Bruno Tooyos name. I could be a sponsor of the program and give lessons for the school during the offseason to teach the players what it takes to be a professional.

Or better yet, the team should just rename their team name based on something of my name. Like the New England Tooyos or the New England Bruno’s, something like that. What does that even mean? Who even knows. But it does have a nice ring to it and really rolls off the tongue. You could have my face and my players image as the mascot and I could help try to choose the logo and the color scheme of the whole jersey and system.

Maybe have something designed towards like the Outlaws logo but using my face and having glasses. Or even my display picture style with the mask, but the mask is my face so it gives it that type of scary vibe but still designed to me.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

My player would definitely want to have the local metropolitan railway system named after him, potentially the entire transportation department depending on how it is set up. You could call it the Hockey Player Railways and make it so all the trains have my face on the front like a very fun and cool anime. The cars should be ultra comfortable and luxurious in order to show how appreciative my hometown is of my profound skill that has never been seen before. In time we will erase the legacy of that other hockey player and only my glory will be known, but for now we will stick with the rail system. I think one thing that could be cool is if we switch from using tickets and instead we give our packs of hockey cards where I am a prominent feature ofc. Then people would be falling over each other to ride the trains just so they can have the chance of picking a rare Hockey Player card. This is a massive boon for the economy in itself.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

At this point in the season, Scar Bealey would’ve dropped a hat trick to beat Detroit in the last game of the season to win the game in overtime. First off, Fuck Detroit. Secondly, it doesn’t mean that much to Scar. Scar has been trying his best to drag the Scarecrows up from the depths of the standings, but he’s been put in roles that don’t quite fit him, and the team hasn’t quite put the best lines together to make it happen. Scar is more furious than happy, because he believes that St. Louis should be much better than they are in the standings. To Scar, 15th overall in a 16 team league is unacceptable. He wants to win, and his faith in management is dwindling to make that happen. Scar came to the Scarecrows to bring them back to the level they used to be at, and he feels like a failure in that aspect. Scar looks forward to the playoff series with Nevada and couldn’t care less about beating His rivals with a hat trick. That’s what he should be doing. (184)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page