Create Account

S77 PT #5: Trust Your Gut, Trust Your Game Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

PBE Affilate- https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=744411

[Image: dc24.png]

Option one

Julian's a simple man, without a need for any elaborate pre-game rituals. However, pre-game food has always been important for him. He used to endulge on his moms rösti and raclette back home, loading up on carbs and protein before games. However, when that isn't available, other carb-y food will do. Hungry and with not much time for alternatives, Julian grabbed the bag and had a peek. And oh man, there was a nice portion of melted cheese and hash browns in there! He grabbed the bag, and started to eat, sending the shady guy on his way after thanking him.

Putting all of the garbage back into the brown bag after eating the food, Julian noticed a ticket inside. Curious, he picked it up and read it. It listed the order he just ate, and in the comments below it said "Ordering this for Julian Flörsch, please make sure he gets it at least two hours before game time". Turns out the shady man was actually just a very nice Uber Eats driver, sent by Julian's mom to make sure he got his favourite pre-game food before this important game.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Task 2:

William Salming does not have to tell the coach to put him on the field. A coach will do it automatically. Why? He knows Salming is experienced winner who shines in tight games. He loves those kind of moments and situatuons. The coach knows it in advance. Salming also offers important ability to win board battles and helps to maintain the possession on the offensive zone that way after zone entry. Salming also could serve as a screener for an opponent's goalie and boosts that way the probability of goal scoring for his team. Someone has do to dirty work and Salming is a volunteer always if needed. He has also soft hands so he can win rebounds and pass them next to him to his team mates who can then score to the empty net when the goalie is still on the ice after a save. Those are some reasons why William will be on the ice when game 7 is in the end stages.

[Image: salming.png]

Option 2:

I know I have to be out on the ice, I can feel that. My gut screams at me and I know this is different from the usual feeling of just wanting to be on the ice. Even though I just had a shift I know I must be back out there. When the whistle comes, I tell him I have to be there, it's do or die NOW and to please trust me in this. If we take this faceoff with me on the ice I will personally take responsibility if we do not manage to score the goal before the game ends. I'm willing to put everything, my entire career as a stake on this because I truly know that if I get that one good hit in to win the puck the opening will be there. Even though I am the defensive minded dman of the team, this one chance of a game changing hit to turn it all around is our hope. The coach? Well, they recognizes the spirit and feeling from their own days as a player and let me in for this chance to equalize.

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Written Option 1:

The Great Falls Grizzlies are in Kelowna for the playoffs and AT-AT can't find anywhere to serve his favorite Icelandic dish, fermented shark in vinegar. He visits all the restaurants in the busy town but they are all hipster places serving tacos and tequila. Which is fine, he has several shrimp tacos and downs a few shots of reposado to try to cover the need. One of the bartenders at this gastropub near the waterfront starts chatting him up, and asks him if he's tried any of the local mushrooms. At-AT discloses that he has not but is definitely a fan of mushrooms! "Oh then you'll love these, try em!" the bartender proffers a bag of dried stems and caps. AT-AT downs a handful of them, grimacing at the bitter taste, and washes them down with a healthy swig of mezcal. Half hour later and he is wandering down by the lake, totally tripping balls. He decides to try to catch a fish and ferment it himself, and hijacks a boat from the Kelowna yacht club. Needless to say it does not go well and he capsizes the first three boats he tries to board. By this time the cops are called and he's dragged to sleep it off in a cell. In the morning the coach comes to bail him out. He's in no shape to play hockey that night so the Grizzlies lose badly and go on to lose the series. But AT-AT is a changed man, he stays in Kelowna after the playoffs and gets a lot more of these fancy Okanagan mushrooms and spends the offseason expanding his consciousness in the wilderness of the Okanagan. It's probably not good for his hockey game but he has developed a new appreciation for the hobbies of the bartenders society in British Columbia.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Written Option 1:

Okay, so I'm not one to trust shady people on any given day, but a shady person with food perhaps is the game changer they've been looking for. The way to get me.

It's gotta be some fine ass food though. Maybe some swine ass food. Like a giant plate of bacon cooked to perfection. Honestly, if that don't get the ol heart going... no seriously definitely pumping, I don't know what will.

So being denied my usual pre-game ritual of a big ol stack of steaming flap jacks and jammy syrup, dripping in butter, and damn the eyes of the witless fool who stole them, I would be at a loss about how to win the game.

Shady man better posse up hard then and bring me that bacon. It's the only way.

Also is it weird that I picture this shady man wearing a plague mask and speaking in a raspy otherworldly voice? Yes? Ok then, I don't.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

So some shady dude comes up to me pre game that knows I haven't eaten and offers me food that will help my game? Nah dawg, I've seen plenty of disnty movies and I am not going to fall for something like that quite so easily. Next thi g I know I'll be hallucinating on the ice that I'm playing against a team of beavers or some shit and be completely worthless to my team. That starts a spiral of chasing that high and in only a few short months I'd be broke, living on the streets and selling stolen goods for the next fix. I am not about that life. I think I'll just play a bit hungry and get a pre wrapped protein bar or something. Or maybe just some nachos dorm the concession stand. This is a hockey game right? There are definitely nachos. And go get me a beer while you are at it. Yes I realize it is over priced but you can't have a hot dog without a beer. Mustard and relish please!

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2024, 07:52 AM by st4rface.)

WRITTEN OPTION 2: FOR SKATERS

Aumy Junior II didn't had to convince his coach in the first two seasons, but the previous one and this one has been pretty heavy. Coach doesn't trust him that much anymore. However, he is still a very impactful player, so Aumy Junior II would do a completely opposite. He wouldn't try to convince a head coach to let him on the ice. He would try to sneak in through the shifts himself. He will just somehow get on to the ice, taking somebody else's spot and will do all of the job. It will all pay off once the goal is scored and it will be a pretty hard job to hate on a guy who pretty much saves his team. Head coach will feel a bit weird of this situation, but the outcome of the game always has been an will be the most important aspect of the game of hockey.

153 words

Stars Stars Stars

Option 1
Well first of all if someone is interfering with Willow’s pregame meal there is going to be hell to pay, whether or not it was someone else’s fault. So when the sketchy alleyway man comes out with the offer, Willow will probably accept after doing some serious internal soul searching. The pre-game meal is nice, but it also involves accepting help from someone that isn’t her. After securing a promise from this shady but potentially nice man that he won’t tell anyone, Willow accepts the offer because you aren’t going to find traditional Icelandic hotdogs anywhere in San Francisco and believe me, she’s tried. Willow’s entire pregame meal is three Icelandic hotdogs with the works, an order of In and Out animal style fries, and entirely too much water that you didn’t think a person would be able to drink at once. After accepting the offer and intimidating the man yet again for silence, Willow will politely thank him and try to forget this ever happened, while also putting him in her phone as “Icelandic hot dog plug.”

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Option 2:

Jay doesn't have a great track record for finals game 7s but let's give it a shot. As an old player, I think I have a good amount of wisdom on the ice to read situations so when I tell coach that I need to be on the ice for this then I hope they listen. I wouldn't want to be the extra skater when the goalie comes off because that should be an attacker but I want to be part of the defensive pair. My job on the ice will be to throw the body and distract the other team while our forwards score, a few hop checks and general pest stuff to get in the way and clear out the lane for the people that can actually score. I'll also be the one defender focusing on making sure that they don't score on the empty net. If we can score it'll probably be one of the best finals game 7s that Jay has ever had.

[Image: rFu52UT.jpeg]

Option one

Dusty Rhodes doesn't really have a favorite pregame meal since he'll eat damn near anything. Just gotta have a beer to wash whatever down and he's good to go. Also as long as there's plenty. Dusty is a big boy and it takes slot to fill that enormous belly. So when a sketchy looking person is selling grub he's alk in. That's because he's learned over the years that the sketchier the vendor, the better the food is. Some of the best meals of his life have come in the squalid areas of New Orleans where people are just hustling to make a buck. That's where you find real food, not the fancy scrap served in the over priced tourist traps. Give him a ten buck rack of ribs from the hood any day or some five dollar street tacos. That's what gets Dusty going, helping out the common folks and filling his belly in the process.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

We need to score more goals than the other team to win, coach. 
[Image: Bi6V1ZV.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs