Create Account

S77 PT #5: Trust Your Gut, Trust Your Game Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Written Option 1: You can’t play on an empty stomach, nor can you play without performing your pre-game ritual. So when everything goes wrong and your player can’t get their usual pregame meal or perform their pregame ritual, your player looks to find something, anything to salvage the situation. An interesting, yet perhaps shady looking man comes by and offers your player a meal that will up their game and also offers to assist in their pregame ritual. Does your player trust their hungry gut and take up this interesting man on their offer? What meal do they ask for? What is your player’s ritual and how does the man assist them? What do they do if they don’t take the man up on the offer?

Graphic Option 1: Draw your player getting their favourite pre-game meal, (with or without the interesting shady man from the written option)

Written Option 2: For skaters:
It's game 7, 2 minutes left in the 3rd and are losing 4-3. You haven't had the most stellar game but you have a feeling in your gut that if you're on the ice for the next 2 minutes, your team will score a goal. How do you convince your coach to make sure you get put out there? Do you have a plan of attack? Did you find a weakness in the opponent's gameplan? Do you just tell your coach to trust your hunch?

For Goalies:
Game 7, 2 minutes left winning 4-3 but unfortunately you just let in one of the worst goals of your career. While the coach realistically shouldn't pull you from the net, they're thinking about it because of how bad of a goal that was. What do you say to convince them to let you still play? Or would your confidence be shattered after letting in a goal that really shouldn't have been one?

Graphic Option 2: Draw your player talking to their coach while on the bench.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, July 14th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Graphics need to be viewable when PT is graded or you will not receive TPE. Discord only hosts images for very limited time.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S78 or S79  this is not for you.

PT credit: NaomiMannequeen

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Option 1

Argenti has a large amount of backup fruits all over the place specifically to stop this from happening because he is a machine that runs on cantaloupe and bananas. In this case Argenti is a very trusting man outside of the business world so he would take up the man to procure him the highest quality fruit and bamboo he can get his hands on. As for the pregame ritual he would need smelling salts if it’s before an important game, if not then all he needs is his phone. His pregame workout is mostly involving yoga to start with so he can gain full mental awareness if his muscles and properly stretch then to get loose abd get blood flowing throughout his body then if it’s just a regular game he would do some quick exercises like jumping jacks and mountain climbers in short burst to get warm and to get his heart rate up. If it’s before a big game he would take a very small amount of smelling salts and sniff them not to get a large jolt like you would normally think but just a small quick wake up call.

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

For goalies: Coach is seriously considering pulling me out of the net, because i just gave in an insanely bad goal. I had the puck within my grasp for a split second, i go to pass it to my teammate, i make the pass, and return my stick to a normal position. Except i didn't make the pass, i merely thought i did in the moment. I had completely missed the puck, and when returning my stick to a resting position i had knocked it in. Of course, coach is furious because of this, and is trying to pull me out of the net. I however, attempt to remind him that we are winning. He still says he wants to take me out. I then remind him that even if i only save half of their shots, thats half more than would've been saved on an empty net. Assuming this hypothetical coach from this hypothetic scenario isn't an idiot, he'll keep me in.

[Image: ci5qcGc]

PBE Affiliate Task:
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=742648

Quote:You can’t play on an empty stomach, nor can you play without performing your pre-game ritual. So when everything goes wrong and your player can’t get their usual pregame meal or perform their pregame ritual, your player looks to find something, anything to salvage the situation. An interesting, yet perhaps shady looking man comes by and offers your player a meal that will up their game and also offers to assist in their pregame ritual. Does your player trust their hungry gut and take up this interesting man on their offer? What meal do they ask for? What is your player’s ritual and how does the man assist them? What do they do if they don’t take the man up on the offer?

McLovin is not a man to shy away from the unknown. While he's not overly superstitious, he thinks back to his darkness retreat in the off-season and visions of a shaman visiting were present multiple times? Could this be the shaman that McLovin had so vividly envisioned multiple times? No way to tell, but he's willing to entertain it, so let it be so. He asks the man for whatever he deems appropriate to quell his gurgling ravenous stomach to allow him to reach peak performance, whatever it may be. The man, while believed to be a shaman, is really just a delusional homeless man who lives outside the stadium. He capitalizes on this opportunity to order up what he perceives to be the best food he could get since its been days since his last solid meal and even longer for one that he longed for or enjoyed. A beautiful Wagyu steak, garlic seasoned crispy fries, confit wings as an appetizer. Some top notch wine (who the hell drinks booze prior to a game?) and for desert, a beautiful caramelized creme brulee. So what does McLovin do? Well he believes this is a shaman, so he follows suit and eats up. The result is what can only be described as completely disastrous. Not only is he bloated like roadkill roasting in the sun, he also is slightly buzzed and finding it difficult to skate straight. Halfway through the 2nd period, when he's on the ice, he cant help but let it all out.... and we dont mean skill, no, he yaks all over the ice. Oh well, it was worth a shot and at least it'll be remembered by all for quite some time to come.... lesson learned!

[Image: yxRlGdj.png]

Option 1:

Langston has a very specific pregame ritual when it comes to what he wears and what he eats. First, (his teammates hate this) he always wears his signature Hawaiian shirt. To be honest, it may be less of a ritual and more of a lifestyle at this point. Underneath all his pads, he wears either swim trunks or khaki shorts. After putting on the shirt, he listens to some Jimmy Buffet to get hyped up during the day, planning to wear those clothes all the way through the game. On game day, Langston always has a ham steak and eggs with a side of rice to get some protein and carbs in his system. After washing that down with a glass of half cranberry juice and half orange juice, he goes for a swim and if the hotel doesn’t have a pool, he will find the nearest body of water. Right before the game, he get some of his homemade barbecue in his system.

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

Written Option 1: The shady man arrives towards me and gives me a plate of bolognaise spaghetti. I decide to trust him enough. Even though he looks weird, I need to eat before my big game. This is my classic pregame meal, a great plate of pasta that will give me some good energy to the game coming up in the evening. After eating, it's time for my pregame nap, I ask the shady man to act as a bed because I don't have access to one. Once he is laying on the ground, I get ready and lie down on his back and go to sleep. You only want a short sleep, not a long one because this is a power nap. Once the nap is done, pre game ritual next step is at the arena. We get there, and start doing running around the arena and get warmed up. The shady man shows me some good stretching exercises. I go on to play a great game and become best friend with this man.

Graphic Option 1

[Image: rU5MOE2.jpeg]

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

pt pass

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Option 2:

There's only 2 minutes left in our season and we're down by a goal. These are the moments you think about when you become a hockey player. You want to be out there to make the big play and become a hero. Admittedly, I haven't played the best game tonight, but I know there's something in my game that I can bring to this moment. I turn to the coach and try to make eye contact with him. I want to get on the ice, but I need to make him believe in me.

"Coach, give me the next shoulder tap! I want this moment. I have it in me to get us back into this game. Give me this chance and I won't waste it!" I know, in my heart, that I have more to give on the offensive side of the puck. As a sophomore, I've made sure to be as sound defensively as I can be. You never want to be a weak spot in that regard, but I've let my offensive side take a back seat because of it. I have that in me and this is the perfect chance to bring it out. We need a goal and I can spark something from the blue line. Give me a shot...

(215 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 31] [Pts 37] [+/- +39] [PIM 42] [Hits 66] [SB 128]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Pt pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Option 1:

My pre game meal is always spaghetti. I love it. I cook it up myself and make a big deal about it. It is kind of my pregame ritual itself. Now sometimes I do not get the luxury of having my pregame ritual. Basically, when we travel far away, say to Winnipeg or Edmonton, I have to come up with something else. Usually, I find a good noodle house or something and eat there. On the occasion that I cannot find one, I will settle for something else. Today was rough. We arrived at the airport to board our flight and a storm came through. Pushed the flight back two hours. Those two hours cut into my ritual time. When we landed, a strange food vendor came up to the group and offered to feed us. I am not one to trust people easily, but when he pulled out a Ziploc bag full of spaghetti, I felt my stomach rumble. Do I trust the mystery spaghetti? Absolutely not. I would rather the team nutritionist come up with something to eat before the game.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

[Image: DxukvVZ.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: FThunMn.png]