Create Account

S77 PT #5: Trust Your Gut, Trust Your Game Due: Sunday, July 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 1:

Whenever I can not get my preferred meal before a game I go absolutely mental and need something to get me back to normal. So I grab my phone and get Uber eats or just eat or whatever is available where we are and order a big ass kebab special with extra hot sauce. On top I ask for powered sugar, if you know what I mean. I need my food but also need my fix. I can not play a game without a nose full of coke. Besides the food and coke I also need a few shots of scotch to get me leveled out again. That is when I am on my best if I do not get my preferred meal prepped before a game. My preference to eat before a game is a grilled cheese sandwich. I guess you thought it would have been something fancy right? Haha got you.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Quote:Graphic Option 1: Draw your player getting their favourite pre-game meal, (with or without the interesting shady man from the written option)
[Image: Crg0Vdw.jpeg]

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Option 2:

So to get my coach to play me for the next two minutes I tell I have the perfect offensive plan to get past their defence and goaltending completely but to make sure he also puts me in there I tell him that it's not possible just to tell to you and then the others I would need to lead the team and tell them what to do and I will make sure that the enemy can't hear me I also ask our coach to call in a timeout so I can tell my teamsters easier what to do without the opposing team hearing us after the timeout is over I'm gonna make sure everyone on the ice knowns the plan and if they aren't following it I will shout at them to remember the plan and follow them that way the opposing team won't know what our plan is even when I tell our players what to do

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

Personally I would be wary of accepting a strange man's unknown foodstuffs prior to a game, but skating on an empty stomach is just asking for trouble. Since we're already rolling the dice on a sketchy food dealer, I'd request a succulent meal of sushi -- there's no way bro has some sushi just sitting around so he'll have to go procure some, and it's a quality, filling meal packed with protein and essential vitamins that athletes crave. Best case scenario, I'm rejuvenated and ready to crush it out on the ice after having my favorite food. Worst case? Well, you know how it goes with sushi. At least I'd have a good reason to request a game off. If I'm not feeling so bold as to accept the strange man's offer, I guess I'd just wolf down a couple of cliff bars or something -- I don't think they're particularly tasty but again, they've got the calories and whatnot you need when carrying out intense physical activity.

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

[Image: PDyLXEi.png]

I tell my coach that we should run the Philly Special, yes I know it is the wrong sport, but he will know exactly what I am talking about. This plan has the goalie come out with the puck all the way to the red line, launch it into the corner, and then all 5 players follow up and go full force. When we have practiced it time after time, it was 100% success rate to get the puck. Once the goalie shoots the puck in, they head to the bench, and the extra attacker comes on. Once we get the puck out of the corner, the extra skater from the bench to the middle of the ice for a one timer and picks the corner every time. Most of the teams we play against do not expect this level of stupid from the other team, which is the reason why it will work.

A shady man comes up before a game, offering to give you food and assist you with your pre-game ritual? We've seen how this goes in bars, so Sven passes. He isn't going to end up with diarrhea or worse. He isn't happy that he can't have his normal pregame meal, but he won't let it stop him from getting some food. So he looks up the nearest food options to the arena, and heads out. It isn't perfect, but a local meal is better over something overly processed like fast food. He settles into a local Greek restaurant and orders a rice bowl with chicken. After the meal, he gets back to the arena and tries to salvage what he can from his pregame ritual. Running short on time, he focuses on proper stretching and the few rituals that he has been doing since his first season playing competitive hockey. It isn't perfect, but it does enough of a job to focus his mind for the game.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Written Option 2

If I was in this spot, I would not come up with any sort of elaborate plan or convincing way to get coach to put me in. Rather, I would hope that I have the trust of my coach and teammates to be able to get the call to be in that spot and deliver. As a defenseman, I do not think it would be fair for me to tell coach that I know I am going to score, because the odds of that happening 5 v 5 from the blue line are not great. Rather, my goal would be to try and puck handle and find passing lanes to get the puck to my forward teammates who I know can find the back of the net in that spot. I would also really emphasize being a veteran presence to my younger teammates, to make sure they remain calm and understand that despite the gravity of the situation, we need to remember our fundamentals and keep playing our game the way we know how.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Prompt 2
With his team down 3-2 in game 7, Gagner was very determined to score the trying goal. He knew if he had just a bit more time that he could do it. As the game was winding down, he devised a plan with one of his teammates, who looked very tired himself. Gagner would go out there for a shift at the 2 minute mark. If he hadn't scored after a minute or so he'd do his best to force a whistle. Then, while the coach (and the refs) weren't looking, he'd quickly swap jerseys with the other player. Then he'd go back out there pretending to be the other player.

Unfortunately, Gagner greatly overestimated his own stamina, and as a result played even more poorly in the last minute. He even turned the puck over in the dying seconds, allowing the opposition to score an empty netter to close out the match. On the bright side, it was the other player who got the criticism, as everyone thought it was him out there.

174 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

Evil Kyle Murray definitely enjoys some good subway. He either gets a BLT with cheese and mayo, toasted of course and a Powerade he usually gets that if it’s cold outside. However if it gets hot outside, he will order a cold cut combo, not toasted, with lettuce, tomato, and some mustard. Maybe some salt and pepper while he’s at it. Some may ask, why would you eat GarBAge SuBwAY? Well I happen to really like subway in real life and back when I played sports in college and high school I never ate subway except right before any game I had to play and I always felt great and never felt lethargic or anything so I turned it into a ritual of sorts. So i basically project that onto my player because in essence my player has a little piece of me in him. Also subway is good and I’m tired of pretending it’s not.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Option 1:

Before every game Murdock has to have a steaming bowl of spaghetti. Angel hair pasta, prego sauce, paremsean cheese melted on, 6 meatballs. But if there isn't enough time to get that steaming bowl in? There's only two options to take from the suspicious dude... the steak or the fish. But then we run into the issue of being faced with two choices and, obviously, one choice is going to be more dangerous than the other. Say you get the steak, it's safe but filling, but do you trust the cooking of this mysterious man. But then if you opt for the fish and it gets you sick you're screwed. Then coach is screaming "Us winning hinges on one thing--finding someone on this bench who can not only score, but didn't have fish for dinner." That's the last thing you want to hear after having fish for dinner from the mysterious food man.

All things considered, Murdock would get the lasagna.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]

Almost every sportsperson has some kind of a ritual they follow before their game and Sonja is no different from that. Of course it is also important to have a meal some time before the game as playing with an empty stomach can easily be distracting but for Sonja, it's more so the ritual she does before every game that matters a lot. Which is none other than make the sign of a cross with her necklace that she has received from her grandparents and then kissing said necklace. And considering how she is not willing to do this with any necklace but only the one she got from her grandparents, it's a ritual she almost certainly cannot do without her necklace. Luckily it only ever happened like 2 times that she has left the necklace at home. One of those times, a shady looking guy offered to help her out. Which frankly speaking kind of freaked Sonja out as she does not trust people easily. In fact it takes quite some time to gain her trust. So without an ounce of hesitation she declined the offer. And the first thing she did after getting home was check if she still had the necklace. Which thankfully she did have.

(209 words)

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Tsunny_New_Sig.png?ex=66d56cfd&is=66d41b...e0f6dde96&]

option 1:

Elly's pre game meal is usually some high protein raw steaks of various meat types and then makes sure to drink plenty of milk to keep strong. she likes to have a bit of warm milk before games to calm the nerves and muscles, before spending time with her team in the locker room. This particular time however, the kitchen was out of its meat and milk and there was a figure standing inside offering Elly "better quality" steaks to boost performance. Elly is keen and has a good nose, and something seems fishy, and not the tasty kind. Elly would turn down the stranger. as long as there is a little time she might try to go catch a fish in a local area, or see if a restaurant would serve her. its bad to go out on an empty stomach after all. the milk doesn't have to be warm either. just a little bit would help her. but if all else fails, Elly would mostly likely settle on water and whatever is available and spend time with the mutes in the locker room. getting some time to plan and rest with her team is most important and there will always be a time for that before the game starts. the locker room is always ready before the game and that'sall she needs. 

(228 words).

Option 2

Henri Losanov is prone to let in a bad one at the worst possible time. He is still a young goalie who has work a lot on the mental side of the game in the previous off season. Deep down he knows he can shake it off but at the same time Seattle Argos legend Willie Miller is the back up goalie. The man is old and past his prime but won back to back cups, he's known to get the job done. When Seattle head coach call a time out right after that awful goal Henri is not sure what to expect. He remains in his crease while looking at the bench waiting for a signal. Willie hand gesture him to come over. Miller tell Losanov this is his net, his team wake the fuck up and go get that win. Nothing a coach could have said would have the same impact. Losanov is fired up by that speech and the crowd cheering. All for nothing as the next shot goes in.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]