Create Account

Victory Hockey League victory, sweeeeeett victory!

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 25 2012, 01:35 PM
Spellcheck that bad boy. Not sure if it needs it, but make sure you do. As a grader of MS', we will dock if there's too many grammar mistakes and I notice that a lot of SHL-to-VHL people have some trouble there (sorry guys over here, lol).

Tis why I'm a graphics guy and not an MS guy. :lol:

Can never think of what to write

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by habsfanfromontario@Jan 25 2012, 01:42 PM

I clicked the spell-check icon :D

Also a lot of graders like colour, coloring some of your titles and captions or something will help appearance

JP make me a sig for the VHL :wub:

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Yeahthat
Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Jan 25 2012, 03:43 PM

Tis why I'm a graphics guy and not an MS guy.  :lol:

Can never think of what to write

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Noooo no color. I hate color. Just add pictures and you're fine.

Also, toss it into word. The spellchecker on the site blows more penis than Lazgreg.

Read it for me spangs?

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

i still havent gotten my second grade for ym sig...btw where do we write 590's or w/e?

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 25 2012, 01:47 PM
Noooo no color. I hate color. Just add pictures and you're fine.

Also, toss it into word. The spellchecker on the site blows more penis than Lazgreg.

I know like 2 or 3 other graders who love it :unsure:

Quote:Originally posted by Lazyeye@Jan 25 2012, 01:50 PM
i still havent gotten my second grade for ym sig...btw where do we write 590's or w/e?

XM Radion/VHL.com section. Writing one about the draft right now since I can't write an MS after having a sig this week

Actually I haven't... Oh fuck it

Content: 2.75/3 - Nice article, but try and avoid staying around 500 words. 550+ is advised more often than staying at like 512. At 512, you barely squeaked over the minimum and the article felt brief. However, it will still a nice read.

Grammar: 2/2 - None of these are really enough to dock, but pay attention to some of your easier errors.
warcry -> war cry
goal but -> goal, but
VHLm -> VHLM
has it however that -> has it, however, that
prospects -> prospect
i'm -> I'm (lmao)

Appearance: .75/1 - The second picture is tiny as hell, try and find a better one. First one is LQ as well, but it's fine.

Overall: 5.5/6

Quote:Originally posted by Lazyeye@Jan 25 2012, 04:50 PM

GFX graders there suck. They take a bit to actually do something, but it should be done by week's end.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 25 2012, 05:56 PM
Content: 2.75/3 - Nice article, but try and avoid staying around 500 words. 550+ is advised more often than staying at like 512. At 512, you barely squeaked over the minimum and the article felt brief. However, it will still a nice read.

Grammar: 2/2 - None of these are really enough to dock, but pay attention to some of your easier errors.
warcry -> war cry
goal but -> goal, but
VHLm -> VHLM
has it however that -> has it, however, that
prospects -> prospect
i'm -> I'm (lmao)

Appearance: .75/1 - The second picture is tiny as hell, try and find a better one. First one is LQ as well, but it's fine.

Overall: 5.5/6

It's more then 512 I edited it after. just a btw.

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Jan 25 2012, 04:51 PM

I know like 2 or 3 other graders who love it  :unsure:

They don't dock though. I never put color and get 1/1 on appearance each time.

Quote:Originally posted by habsfanfromontario@Jan 25 2012, 04:57 PM

It's more then 512 I edited it after. just a btw.

Fuck your shit. It rounds up anyways to 6, at least if the grader after me gives you a grade that allows it to round up (you average the two grades and then round in the proper direction). Also, for your 1st 3 PT's, they're doubled, so if you get a 6, it'd actually be a 12.

Same thing for you Metcalf. Your first 3 PT's are doubled.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 25 2012, 05:59 PM

Fuck your shit. It rounds up anyways to 6, at least if the grader after me gives you a grade that allows it to round up (you average the two grades and then round in the proper direction). Also, for your 1st 3 PT's, they're doubled, so if you get a 6, it'd actually be a 12.

Same thing for you Metcalf. Your first 3 PT's are doubled.

Would that count for the Bio and player profile?