Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Danny Brown's album is coming out so fuck that; 2013 is gonna be sick. I have hope... Kind of..

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/28i45ZJg3Fc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/28i45ZJg3Fc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Feb 1 2013, 07:50 PM
Music gets more horrible each year... Just gonna have to deal with it. But I'm assuming that is a mixtape track and not an actual track that should be on his next album

LOL that isn't even close to true.

And this is an album track

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Feb 1 2013, 09:54 PM
Danny Brown's album is coming out so fuck that; 2013 is gonna be sick. I have hope... Kind of..

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/28i45ZJg3Fc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/28i45ZJg3Fc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>
WTF is on his head?

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Feb 1 2013, 10:54 PM

i like the sample at least...not into that track tho

that songs the 1st song released thats coming out on his fourthcoming album its not a bad song its grows on u and im liking it more now, cant wait for his album hopefully the other songs are sick. #OVOSOUND

really liking asap to recently, this is a pree sick song gets kinda wierd at the end doe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=hPlORfX1hJs

anybody know what month marshalls new album is coming out

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Kesler17@Feb 3 2013, 12:35 AM
anybody know what month marshalls new album is coming out

Nope.

Quote:Originally posted by diglet@Feb 2 2013, 11:16 PM
that songs the 1st song released thats coming out on his fourthcoming album its not a bad song its grows on u and im liking it more now, cant wait for his album hopefully the other songs are sick. #OVOSOUND

really liking asap to recently, this is a pree sick song gets kinda wierd at the end doe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=hPlORfX1hJs

#OVOSOUND Towel Towel Towel Towel

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

So just for JayTee I re-listened to GKMC in it's entirety and re-did my review, I can't find my original one, it's on here somewhere but fuck going through all 101 pages

Anyways aside from maybe a couple songs that grew on me, I think my review is pretty damn well identical to the way it was the first time

Sherane- 4/5 Good start, pretty slow, flow is good wasn't feeling beat enough to give higher

Bitch Dan't Kill My Vibe- 5/5 Love the beat, love the hook, like this one much more this listen through

Backstreet Freestyle- 5/5 The beat's not something I'd link to him (As you could see by my Anilyst review where I didn't even recognize the beat) But I LOVE the hook, probably my favorite on the album, and I still like his breakdown/change of tone around 2 minutes in

The Art of Peer Pressure- 3.5/5 The first minute of this song I could do without, after that it's pretty good, not a big fan, reminds me of a Illmatic type song, good rapping, just not enough to hook me in. Lyrics are good but the song itself is my least favorite thus far

Money Trees- 3/5 Dislike everything except the rapping, the echo thing is terrible, don't like the hook and the beat bores me

Poetic Justice- 4/5 Drake is better than pretty much anything else I have heard, I don't hate him as much in this, the song is pretty good but there was times when I got bored and felt it was dragging on

Good Kid- 4.5 Love the rapping, some of my favorite on the album but the beat annoys me and the hook is forgettable. Rapping is top notch though so since that's the most important part he gets 4.5

M.A.A.D City- 4/5 Another song where the rapping saves it. Not feeling the beat for the most part. The first 2 minutes are trash, last 3 are slick as fuh though

Swimming Pools- 5/5 This one grew on me, I've listened to it about 25 times this week and I hated it the first time I heard it when this first came out but I have grown to love it. One of my 3 faves

Sing About Me- 5/5 Still my favorite

Real- 3.5/5 Rapping is good but don't like much else. Hate the hook

Compton- 4/5 Old Compton meets new and it's pretty ill. The hook is the only part here I don't like. Still pretty ill.

Recipe- 5/5 Love this one personally

Black Boy Fly- 4.5/5 Good rapping, original beat, but just feels like something's missing to me

Now or Never- 5/5 I'll give it full marks because Kendrick sounds great on this one. Not a huge fan of Mary but this song is ill.

65/75==== 4.3

I stand by my statement that Kendrick is a phenomenal rapper but some of his stuff I just can't get into. He's like Nas and Jay Z, overall this is a great album and there's 3 songs on it that I'd listen to on a regular basis (Swimming Pools, Sing About Me and Backstreet) others I will listen to if they're on but they're not something that I'd be like damn I wanna listen to Black Boy Fly. Good album, he's got a bright future but just not my favorite rapper.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Money Trees a 3/5... Wat

Quote:Originally posted by Kyle@Feb 4 2013, 06:28 PM
Money Trees a 3/5... Wat
Easily my least favorite I hate the echo thing he does and the beat is boring.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Joe Budden - No Love Lost

Top of the World (ft. Kirko Bangz): 3.25/5
She Don’t Put It Down (ft. Lil Wayne & Tank): 3.5/5
N.B.A. (Never Broke Again) (ft. Wiz Khalifa & French Montana): 2/5
You And I (ft. Emanny): 4/5
Castles: 3.75/5
All In My Head (ft. Royce da 5’9” & Kobe): 4.25/5
Skeletons (ft. Joell Ortiz & Crooked I): 4.75/5
Ghetto Burbs (ft. Emanny): 2.25/5
Last Day (ft. Juicy J & Lloyd Banks): 2.5/5
Switch Positions (ft. Omarion): 2.25/5
Tell Him Somethin (ft. SLV): 2.5/5
Runaway: 4/5
My Time: 4/5
No Love Lost (Outro): 3.75/5
She Don’t Put It Down (Remix) (ft. Fabolous, Twista & Tank): 3.5/5

3.35/5

Pretty suck as expected. Dude can make a mixtape, but not an album. Moving on now.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Feb 3 2013, 07:40 AM

Nope.
wel i heard itz coming out soon

cant wait 4 it haha

anybody heard

dj feli feli get buck in here now thats a dope song

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 4 2013, 03:52 AM
So just for JayTee I re-listened to GKMC in it's entirety and re-did my review, I can't find my original one, it's on here somewhere but fuck going through all 101 pages

Anyways aside from maybe a couple songs that grew on me, I think my review is pretty damn well identical to the way it was the first time

Sherane- 4/5 Good start, pretty slow, flow is good wasn't feeling beat enough to give higher

Bitch Dan't Kill My Vibe- 5/5 Love the beat, love the hook, like this one much more this listen through

Backstreet Freestyle- 5/5 The beat's not something I'd link to him (As you could see by my Anilyst review where I didn't even recognize the beat) But I LOVE the hook, probably my favorite on the album, and I still like his breakdown/change of tone around 2 minutes in

The Art of Peer Pressure- 3.5/5 The first minute of this song I could do without, after that it's pretty good, not a big fan, reminds me of a Illmatic type song, good rapping, just not enough to hook me in. Lyrics are good but the song itself is my least favorite thus far

Money Trees- 3/5 Dislike everything except the rapping, the echo thing is terrible, don't like the hook and the beat bores me

Poetic Justice- 4/5 Drake is better than pretty much anything else I have heard, I don't hate him as much in this, the song is pretty good but there was times when I got bored and felt it was dragging on

Good Kid- 4.5 Love the rapping, some of my favorite on the album but the beat annoys me and the hook is forgettable. Rapping is top notch though so since that's the most important part he gets 4.5

M.A.A.D City- 4/5 Another song where the rapping saves it. Not feeling the beat for the most part. The first 2 minutes are trash, last 3 are slick as fuh though

Swimming Pools- 5/5 This one grew on me, I've listened to it about 25 times this week and I hated it the first time I heard it when this first came out but I have grown to love it. One of my 3 faves

Sing About Me- 5/5 Still my favorite

Real- 3.5/5 Rapping is good but don't like much else. Hate the hook

Compton- 4/5 Old Compton meets new and it's pretty ill. The hook is the only part here I don't like. Still pretty ill.

Recipe- 5/5 Love this one personally

Black Boy Fly- 4.5/5 Good rapping, original beat, but just feels like something's missing to me

Now or Never- 5/5 I'll give it full marks because Kendrick sounds great on this one. Not a huge fan of Mary but this song is ill.

65/75==== 4.3

I stand by my statement that Kendrick is a phenomenal rapper but some of his stuff I just can't get into. He's like Nas and Jay Z, overall this is a great album and there's 3 songs on it that I'd listen to on a regular basis (Swimming Pools, Sing About Me and Backstreet) others I will listen to if they're on but they're not something that I'd be like damn I wanna listen to Black Boy Fly. Good album, he's got a bright future but just not my favorite rapper.

you gave it a 4.3. That is a very high rating. Don't understand how you could dislike the first beat in M.A.A.D. City. I thought it was dope.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]