Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Lazgreg@Apr 8 2013, 05:01 PM
indicud leaked btw. its alright

Oh, it did? In its entirety? Now I know what I'm doing tonight. :D

Kid Cudi - Indicud

Unfuckwittable: 4/5
-First song on the album and if you didn't know it already, this album is going to have a different sound from not just Cudi's previous work, but from basically all of music in general. Yet, despite the different sound, it still sounds like a typical Cudi track. Pretty slow track in general, but I find this very fuckwittable.
Just What I Am (ft. King Chip): 4.5/5
-First single from the album released back in August. Not as good as the other songs released as singles/promo singles, but still very good.
Young Lady (ft. Father John Misty): 4.5/5
-I love the eerie sounding hook on this one. First of the tracks dedicated to the ladies on the album (can you guess which is the other? haha).
King Wizard: 5/5
-Promo single from the album what was released in late 2012. Loooovvveee this track.
Immortal: 5/5
-Second single from the album. Didn't necessarily fuck with this one when it first dropped, but now I love it.
Solo Dolo Part II (ft. Kendrick Lamar): 3.75/5
-I loved the original "Solo Dolo" from his debut album, so this track left me disappointed since the original was so great and plus, I was encouraged by the Kendrick feature. Kendrick "renegaded" Cudi here and it wasn't even Kendrick's best verse. I'm sure this one'll grow on me, but for now, I'm disappointed.
Girls (ft. Too Short): 4.25/5
-Didn't love this one on the first listen a few days ago when it was released along with the pre-order of the album on iTunes, but now I think it's quite good.
Red Eye (ft. Haim): 5/5
-Unfamiliar with Haim, but based on this track, they feel like a band that Cudi would collaborate with, haha. Alternative sound here for sure. Adored this one. Perfect collabo.
Mad Solar: 4/5
Beez (ft. RZA): 4/5
-Definitely one of the more anticipated tracks here for hip hop heads worldwide as RZA pops up here. This track is clearly an older one as back in June 2012, Cudi said that Indicud was going to be his version of Dr. Dre's classic albums The Chronic and 2001 in that there would be some songs where he features on it rather than being the main guy and this is one of them. RZA gets two verses (both great btw) and Cudder mans the hook.
Brothers (ft. King Chip & A$AP Rocky): 3.5/5
-Definitely my least favorite song thus far.
Burn Baby Burn: 4/5
Lord of the Sad and Lonely: 4.25/5
Cold Blooded: 4.5/5
Afterwards (Bring Yo Friends) (ft. Michael Bolton & King Chip): 3.75/5
-Looonnng track here, clocking in at 9 minutes when all said and done.

64/75 -> 4.27/5

Honestly, I found myself smiling throughout a lot of this album. It's feel good music through and through, first off, but second off, Cudder delivered in my eyes. I expected this album to be awesome and it truly was. This one will likely appeal mainly to fans of his, but this is certainly one of my favorite releases of the year so far and it definitely helps boost up a currently weak crop of hip hop album releases this year. Definitely pre-ordering this as the tracks I did not feel too much were still decent and I'm sure they will grow on me in time. Meanwhile, the tracks I loved will continue to be good. Really looking for MOTM3.

Big K.R.I.T. - King Remembered In Time

Purpose: 4.25/5
Shine On (ft. Bun B ): 4.5/5
Talkin Bout Nothing: 4/5
King Without A Crown: 4/5
R.E.M.: 5/5
-Adore this track.
Meditate: 4.75/5
Serve This Royalty: 5/5
Good 2getha (ft. Ashton Jones): 4.75/5
Just Last Week (ft. Future): 4/5
-Idk why this is just a snippet...JT will hate this track because of Future and his autotune. :lol: (Figured out why it's just a snippet; rumor is that it'll be on KRIT's sophomore album.)
My Trunk (ft. Trinidad James): 4.25/5
How U Love That (ft. Big Sant): 4/5
Only One (ft. Wiz Khalifa & Smoke DZA): 4/5
-Omg a verse by Wiz that I didn't hate. Unfamiliar with Smoke DZA, but his verse was definitely the worst. Would've been a higher rating with him.
Banana Clip Theory: 4.25/5
Life Is A Gamble (ft. BJ the Chicago Kid): 4.5/5
-When I saw this one on the tracklist with 9th Wonder production, it was a song that I was really looking forward to. It was good, but not as good as I hoped.
WTF: 4.5/5
Bigger Picture: 5/5
Multi Til the Sun Die: 4.75/5

75.5/85 -> 4.44/5

Best K.R.I.T. mixtape or album released yet based off of rating, though I still think I like 4evaNaDay more. Regardless, KRIT delivered again as I expected him to. One of the, if not the, best rappers out now. No disappointments from him yet.

question for a couple of you guys..why do you buy vinyls? what's the point? honest question cause I didn't know people still bought those, but I've seen it on LWHQ too.

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Apr 10 2013, 04:29 PM
question for a couple of you guys..why do you buy vinyls? what's the point? honest question cause I didn't know people still bought those, but I've seen it on LWHQ too.

I know JT bought the vinyl of JT's new album, so he'd be a good guy to ask. Plus, I only buy digitally.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/i...d-hip-hop-album

get ready for your ears to bleed, everybody

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Apr 10 2013, 04:29 PM
some buy it to hang on the wall. but some actually play it on a record player and i heard it sounds nicer.

Quote:Originally posted by Lazgreg@Apr 10 2013, 04:32 PM

some buy it to hang on the wall. but some actually play it on a record player and i heard it sounds nicer.
Vinyl sounds much better and it's more of a collectors piece

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dyl@Apr 10 2013, 08:29 PM

I buy vinyls for a couple of reasons. One, I like owning a physical copy of an album. Two, it really helps you appreciate the album artwork. Three, I like the sound quality of vinyls.

because the sound quality is better

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Apr 10 2013, 07:36 PM
because the sound quality is better

And your the shit :wub:

makes sense then. Thanks for the answers boys

Indicud Review

1. Unfuckwittable - 2.5/5
2. Just What I am - 3/5
3. Young Lady - 3/5
4. King Wizard - 3/5
5. Immortal - 2/5
6. Solo Dolo pt 2 - 3.5/5
7. Girls - 1/5
- This song sticks out like a sore thumb. Just fucking horrible, the hook is on some two chains shit.
8. Red Eye ft. Haim - 5/5
- For the simple reason that I absolutely love Haim, this got a 4, the rest was good enough for a 5.
9. Mad Solar - 2.5/5
10. Beez - 4.5/5
- RZA Fucking murdered this.
11. Brothers - 3.5/5
12. Burn Baby Burn - 2.5/5
13. Lord of the Sad and Lonely - 2.5/5
14. Cold Blooded - 4/5
15. Afterwards - 2/5

Total: 44.5/75 = 2.96/5

When listening to this album, you can tell Kid Cudi has the rap talent and great production to make a good album. The issue however, is that he decides not to make use of that talent and what you get is a train wreck. You know an album is bad when the features are better on their tracks than Cudi is. Red Eye is definitely my favorite track as I have played it 8 times in the past 2 days, but it is for Haim who is a mad underrated indie pop girl trio. From a straight rap standpoint, Beez is the best track as the RZA murders this taking you back to classic Wu-Tang. After those two tracks, the album kinda, well.... it sucks. Cudi infuses this shit rock/rap reminiscent of Kid Rock, and the results are horrid. He has these dark instrumentals but lacks those dark flows and lyrics that he had on a track like Solo Dolo. And don't get me started on this 2 Short track that sticks out like Spangs at an orgy ( Wink ). Overall this is a bad album and besides Red Eye, I doubt i will be revisiting this.

King Remembered in Time - Review

1|Purpose| 5
2|Shine On ft. Bun B| 5
3|Talkin bout Nothin| 4.5
4|King Without a Crown| 5
5|REM| 5
6|Mediate| 4.5
7|Serve This Royalty| 5
8|Good 2getha| 5
9|Just Last Week| 4
- Thank god this is just a snippet because I know I will hate the full version
10|My Trunk| 4
11|How u Luv That|4.5
12|Only One| 4
13|Banana Clip Theory| 5
14|Life is a Gamble| 4.5
15|WTF| 5
16|Bigger Picture| 5
17|Multi til the Sun Die| 5

Total: 80/85 = 4.7/5

Big Krit is the best rapper from the South. There I said it. He is better than Andre 3000, Big Boi, Bun B, Pimp C, T.I.. He may in fact be one of the best rappers of all time. Krit burst onto the scene in May of 2010 with Krit Wuz Here, and it has been golden ever since. This man has not had a bad release in the last 3 years and this includes 4 tapes and a full length album. What makes him even better is that he does everything. He raps, sings and makes his own beats. This tape starts of with a blaring guitar riff and from that point on, you know it will be a good tape. Shine On ft. Bun B is still my favorite track, with a great sample and some sick flows. REM makes the best use of Krits production skills while Good 2getha has that classic introspective Krit feel to it. WTF is an amazing joint and Bigger Picture is a great concept album. The album ends with triumphant horns, intense guitars and some sick keyboard riffs on Multi til the Sun Die, and it really ties in the whole album and shows why Krit is the best thing to ever come out from the South.

So harsh on Indicud. :(