Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy right... NOW. Honestly it's really good. But yeah Spangs hit it pretty well for Kanye. I'm not a big Jay fan that'll be JayTee's territory

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 18 2013, 07:12 PM
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy right... NOW. Honestly it's really good. But yeah Spangs hit it pretty well for Kanye. I'm not a big Jay fan that'll be JayTee's territory

yeah I like Jay-Z's stuff, so was looking to see if I could get some stuff DLed. I haven't DLed any of these yet, I don't know where I'll get the time to listen to all of them haha :lol:

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jun 18 2013, 06:13 PM

yeah I like Jay-Z's stuff, so was looking to see if I could get some stuff DLed. I haven't DLed any of these yet, I don't know where I'll get the time to listen to all of them haha :lol:
:lol: Yeah Jay has some good stuff I just never got into it. My favorite stuff seems to be the stuff he does with Yeezy

Reasonable Doubt as well for Jay-Z. And I know JT loves American Gangster, so I'll mention that one as well.

Aight well that's good, I have 6 albums to DL :lol: I'm sure JT has more suggestions lol

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Eminem premiered a new song tonight, entitled "Symphony in H". Pretty sure I'm sadly the only one checking for his new album, but all the same, I'll post a link to it when I find it.

Get GKMC from Kendrick Lamar. It's better than Yeezus.

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Jun 18 2013, 07:49 PM
Get GKMC from Kendrick Lamar. It's better than Yeezus.
Two entirely different albums you can't compare the two. Lol.

I find Yeezus more entertaining than GKMC from a music standpoint
GKMC is more entertaining as a pure hip hop standpoint.

[Image: BNEUN04CcAEomTD.jpg-large-747x747.jpg]
<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJseQNAH3H4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJseQNAH3H4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jun 18 2013, 05:10 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for some suggestions for Kanye and Jay-Z stuff. From Kanye, I've listened to Cruel Summer, Yeezus and College Dropout whereas from Jay-Z I've listened to The Blueprint and The Blueprint 2.

[Image: y6mGcAJ.jpg]

One of the most underrated/least known Jay-Z albums. One of my personal favourites. The beat of track 1 (intro) is a certified CLASSIC.

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Jun 18 2013, 10:15 PM

[Image: y6mGcAJ.jpg]

One of the most underrated/least known Jay-Z albums. One of my personal favourites. The beat of track 1 (intro) is a certified CLASSIC.

No. Not as bad as Vol. 2, Blueprint 2, or Kingdom Come, but no.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jun 18 2013, 08:17 PM

No. Not as bad as Vol. 2, Blueprint 2, or Kingdom Come, but no.

Kingdom Come was Hov's worst joint, but Vol 2 and Blueprint 2 both have classics, and are good albums.

Definitely least known, but I think it is probably bottom 2 jay z album

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Ranking Jay-Z albums
1. Blueprint
2. Reasonable Doubt
3. Black Album
4. American Gangster
5. Vol. 2.... Hard Knock Life
6. Vol. 3.... Life and Times of S. Carter
7. Kingdom Come
8. In My Lifetime vol. 1
9. Blue Print 2 Gift and Curse
10. Dynasty
11. Blue Print 3

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

<div align="center">[Image: 220px-Freddie_Gibbs_ESGN.jpg]
Freddie Gibbs - ESGN
</div>

The Real G Money: 4.25/5
Came Up: 3.75/5
Hundred Thousand (ft. G-Wiz & Hit Skrewface): 4/5
D.O.A. (ft. G-Wiz & Big Kill): 4.5/5
-This one goes hard. Jesus. Whoever the third guy is (Big Kill?) sucks though.
Lay It Down: 4/5
I Seen A Man Die (ft. Lil Sodi): 4/5
Have U Seen Her (ft. Hit Skrewface): 3.25/5
One Eighty Seven (ft. Problem): 4.25/5
Eastside Moonwalker: 4.75/5
F.A.M.E. (ft. Daz Dillinger & Spice 1): 4.25/5
Paper (ft. Y.B.): 3.5/5
The Color Purple: 4/5
Certified Life (ft. G-Wiz & Jay Rock): 3.75/5
Ten Packs of Backwoods (ft. D-Edge): 4/5
Dope In My Styrofoam (ft. G-Wiz & G.I. Fleezy): 4.25/5
9mm (ft. G.I. Fleezy & G-Wiz): 4.75/5
Lose Control (ft. BJ the Chicago Kid): 4.5/5
-BJ The Chicago Kid is too dope.
Freddie Soprano: 4.5/5
-Gibbs MURDERS this. Just kills it completely.
Murda Dem (ft. G.I. Fleezy & Big Kill): 3.5/5

77.75/95 -> 4.09/5

Freddie Gibbs is a gangsta rapper from Gary, Indiana, who JT turned me onto about a year ago. He's released numerous fantastic projects over the past few years, such as Midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik, Str8 Killa, Cold Day in Hell, Lord Giveth, Lord Taketh Away, and most recently, Baby Face Killa, most of which are heavy with sex, drugs, murder, and everything you would expect from a gangsta rapper. Yet, he seems to make it seem so fresh. ESGN (Evil Seeds Grow Naturally) is his official debut studio album and was originally due out on July 9th, but after a leak, he said fuck it and released it yesterday. With this album, he continues to be one of the most consistent guys in the game and the sound here is reminiscent of his mixtapes. Great production, good lyrics, and the features (though most of them are unknown dudes) are solid. Like this album very much and will bump it heavily for a while. Looking forward to his upcoming collaboration album with Madlib, Cocaine Pinata due out in October, which is supposed to be a full length.