Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
Through Reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It was a bit confusing at first, but like all things I picked it up after spending some time on it.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No trouble with creating the player, but it took some time for me to figure out the odds and ends of the update thread.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes, it helped more than the written one.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I like the Prospect Tournament, it gives you an idea of how your player stacks up to the other draftees. Other than that, I'm finding ways to keep busy.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
I think the first thing that people should see when they sign up is one, big comprehensive guide to the site with visual walkthroughs. Personally it took me a while to understand what to do and figure out how exactly things would go down. You guys have done a good job with guides but it takes a bit of clicking to find all of the ones you need.

1) How did you find us?

I joined the new NSFL through reddit and then Juice told me about this place

Yeah for as much as there is going on its great!

Nah the player builder tool helped a lot

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Written and some helped from the homie Zoone

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
If there was someway to do some sort of "combine"? That would be neat!

Can't think of much you guys seem to have it covered with the videos and everything. Real nice!

1) How did you find us?
Reddit, it was the third time i saw SHL thread and i decided to join.

It can be a bit hard at first as the forum has a LOT of stock going on. However once you find the Rookie Guide (by Muerto) it's a bit easier.

Nop everything was pretty clear with Muerto's guide

No, it was pretty intuitive

Combine, Tournament, Interviews

Maybe make Muerto's guide more visible to new players and add CLEAR sections on the guide where players need to post. And reworks My First PT to be a bit more clear (it might be me who's dumb but right now that's what gave me the more problems.)

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

1) How did you find us?
Saw the league mentioned in a post on reddit
Yes!
Nope!
Written tutorial, very helpful
Hmmm not sure, I guess I need to get more acquainted with the league first
Add a template for a player update thread

[Image: Crawfling2.png]

1) How did you find us?
Member by the name of Jordan Banack mentioned the various leagues he was in. This was one of them.

Not overly for me but i'm no spring chicken either Tongue I'll be fine Wink

None - help threads were excellent

i used the various threads with the step by step instructions. Worked seamlessly... i think Tongue

Plan on navigating the forums a little more before i do anything

tough to say as i haven't looked around all that much

1) How did you find us?
A user by the name of samee recommended this in the r/hockey Discord server!

It seems fairly easy so far, but I'll get used to the newer stuff!

None at all! The members on the SHL Discord server were there to help if I had any questions.

The written tutorials helped a lot, as well as the other people on the SHL Discord Server

Navigating forums/Interacting with other rookies

Not quite sure what to say, just joined today!

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

1) How did you find us? There were murmurs in the NSFL and I decided to try it out myself after being invited by Grapehead.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I'm still new to forums in general, but I'm a fast enough learner that there wasn't too much trouble.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? clerical errors kept me from being drafted. Also wanted to know whether I could be a girl and I could! Very pleased about that.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Not really. I found everything pretty intuitive.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Didn't wait for long, so I got nothing.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. No suggestions at the moment. After about 35 seasons you guys look pretty well set up.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

1) How did you find us?
Reddit on r/hockey

I personally was a little lost, but I have a mind of an old man and technology is hard.

Yes but mostly to my own fault.

Written and yes.

I'm not sure.

I think its fine just need to learn and get used to this site.

[Image: vikian.gif]

1) How did you find us?
Through my boyfriend.

I don't find it easy right now, but I am learning with help.

No.

No.

I joined after the draft and signed as a free agent.

Shorter off-season :lol:

1) How did you find us?
Saw it on reddit a long time ago, then after joining the NSFL it's been mentioned so I figured it was time to join.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It is a little overwhelming with all the subforums, but I'm familiarizing myself with it before the season.

Nah.

I followed (and am following) the comprehensive rookie guide, it works well.

Hand out like 100 TPE? o:-)

CODE

1) How did you find us?

Through reddit on r/hockey. It was mentioned a few times, finally checked it out. Here i am.

At first it was a little confusing. But I'm quickly getting use to it.

No. The guide thread really helped.

Yes. And it helped a lot.

I created my player a day after the draft occurred. And got signed as a junior free agent.

Hmmmm. I haven't really been having problems. The guides are there, the rookie mentors help, and the community has been nice. I honestly can't think of a suggestion.

1) How did you find us? r/nhl recruitment post

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I've found that finding a few things has been semi difficult, but I'm getting there.

No

I used the written tutorial and it helped, though I feel it could be edited a little better to be clearer in certain areas.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I was drafted

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Have some things, such as PT tasks like this one, easier to find. I just now found that it existed Tongue

1) How did you find us?

I joined NSFL, a sim football league, and some of the members talked about a sim hockey league. I did some research and this seemed like the best sim hockey league by far, so here I am!

It could be better, I had a pretty hard time getting to all of the newcomer stuff, but I learned enough to successfully build my first character and get drafted to the SMJHL.

Not in creating my player, no. The player creation tool was extremely helpful in this.

Didn't know there was a video tutorial, but I did use a written tutorial, which helped. There were a few written tutorials, so it was a bit confusing,

Didn't know there was a prospect tournament before I was drafted.

Delete all the old tutorials; consolidate.

1) How did you find us?
Evok recruited me

It is hard to find exactly what you want at first. after creating my player and being approved, i was always searching for it 1-2 minutes to find him in the free agent section.

No trouble at all, the tutorial was really helpfull

Yes, it was helpfull

Tournament and interview should be great

Make the free agent section easier to find for newcomers. Other than that, everything seems fine.

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

1) How did you find us?
Reddit! I meant to join last year and life got in the way. Technically life is more in the way this year, but details.
Considering the amount of information stored away here? Yes. Considering there's a lot of old information hidden in posts that may or may not be relevant anymore? Ehhhh.
Not really, a few bits of confusion about where to post things, but otherwise pretty easy.
Written. It helped to an extent, but edits and such midway through them made some things less clear, and having to jump to multiple pages to understand update threads got confusing.
I think the prospect tournament is great, would love to see a few more all rookie training camp options to also get us used to doing updates.
I'd make a more cohesive newbie guide with everything, updates included. Or maybe that's the video, I'm learning on the job.