Create Account

PGS S45: Game 55 Vancouver Whalers vs. Detroit Falcons

Code:
Comment #1

Three stars? More like two stars!
When all is said and done there probably isn't anyone who would disagree with the two netminders, Stevens and Robinson, being the standouts in this tight game. Boasting incredible save percentages of 96,7% and 95,7% respectively show just how much they managed to get into the offenses heads. When the shootout was over with Stevens was awarded the first star and Robinson the second. If I were to nitpick however, I would argue for Robinson being the more deserving of that number one spot seeing as how he stopped all three attempts on the shootout and finally clenching the win for the Falcons.

Code:
Comment #2

The Whalers' downfall: A Cold Power Play?
Looking at just how tight this affair ended up being, one cannot ignore the fact that the Whalers failed to convert on four different power plays. Even though you can't know how the rest of the game would have unfolded with a power play goal in the first or second period, it certainly would have opened up the play and allowed for further opportunities. The majority of the time on these four chances was instead spend on icing the puck and shockingly low - considering the talent on this team - shot counts for a power play unit. Knowing how they've performed in other games one can only assume that this performance was a one-off, otherwise I'd say it's a cause of concern for the Vancouver coaching staff.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: PGS S45: Game 55 Vancouver Whalers vs. Detroit Falcons - by gillon - 01-08-2019, 02:14 PM