Create Account

S50 PT #1 - Season 50 Anniversary Gala

1. I've dreamed about this moment for my entire life, the chance to be around so many SHL greats and finally meet my childhood heroes. But from the time I got the invite and saw who else was on the guest list, I knew there was one person I had to talk to. A person who had been my childhood hero since back when I was just a kid watching pirated streams of SHL games because Irish TV did not carry the games, Jasper Clayton. I spent the first 30 minutes looking for him with no luck only to realize I was going about searching all wrong. The whole time I had been looking for someone in a full-body cast saying "Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms...", I what else could be the result of blocking 1882 shots in his career. Then I realized these are hockey players we are talking about, the kind of guys who spit their teeth out and ask the trainer how fast they can be back on the bench. When I realized this it was quick to find the well-dressed man in the back of the room telling stories about the good old days in his cup runs in the early S30's. And it was then I remembered why he was the reason I started to play hockey.

[Image: 4bGW0Vw.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S50 PT #1 - Season 50 Anniversary Gala - by jtwilson1214 - 09-30-2019, 12:48 PM