Create Account

S50 PT #1 - Season 50 Anniversary Gala

Code:
D: You are one of the honored few asked to make a speech at the event. They give you total freedom in what you talk about - a moment in SHL history, a vision for the future of the league, anything you want. Give us an excerpt of your speech.

"This isn't about me, CC2, no. This is all about the players in this league. I feel there the SHL has become something sinister and devious, we need to demand change. I have seen too many players treated unfairly by the owners and general managers of the league, trading players at the first sign of conflict. Instead of getting to the bottom off the issue some of these GMs just act on the moment. First off I demand that we deal with the corruption but actually creating a player's union to work alongside the league and be allowed to launch an investigation, headed by myself. I want a higher salary cap that allows for more flexibility so a team can actually pay their roster players AND their prospects. I'm tired of seeing top flight players get traded to make room for 'young players' that won't be ready to lead the team for a few seasons. I also want the league to ANNOUNCE at least a season in advance that they are looking to increase salaries. Players need to be able to enter free agency knowing that there may be changes on he horizon so they aren't blind sided when signing these long term deals. I also feel like the committees that are attached to the SHL do not put in enough research and don't value physicality or underlying statistics. These groups have conspired against me at every level, whether it be during international events, WJC, IIHF, the SMJHL or the big leagues in the SHL. I want better representation and feel that we need a more open flow of discussion regarding awards. It shouldn't be something where you just toss in your votes without actually debating or look at each candidate carefully."

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S50 PT #1 - Season 50 Anniversary Gala - by Boomcheck - 10-05-2019, 09:57 PM