Create Account

What worries you about switching to FHM?

11-26-2019, 05:33 PMthiefofcheese Wrote: The thing that drew me in and kept me on SHL was not the sim engine - it's the people.  Keep that and you'll keep us around.

I think this is a key point. People might have signed up because of the game itself, but most of them stayed because of the community (luckily the community should still be the same even after an engine change).

When someone new join the league, I think STHS actually is a somewhat positive factor for us as it is quite a good starting point that is simple and easy to understand. Its serious flaws don't become apparent until later, when the community aspect has hopefully drawn people in enough to make them stay regardless. Obviously this isn't perfect but FHM might basically face us with the opposite situation: A quite severe entry barrier with a bigger pay-off later. But who knows how many people will get to that pay-off when many won't survive the start or don't even sign up in the first place, because everything becomes more complicated and progress slows down. Which kinda brings me back to my "expectations" point because in some aspects the league might become the polar opposite of what it is today. This might actually make the product as a whole better but it would be very different from the one that people signed up for originally, with new strengths and weaknesses.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What worries you about switching to FHM? - by RomanesEuntDomus - 11-26-2019, 11:31 PM