Create Account

What worries you about switching to FHM?

11-27-2019, 01:05 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: I don't have the sims off hand but there's been a big group of members testing on both STHS and FHM, the hope is for a way forward under either system, it's just a matter of figuring out which one will work better for the majority of the league. Some people are excited about change and want to hype it up, but please just give everyone some time to finish creating the index, test simming, building out saves in FHM, and determining which attributes make sense to allow someone to increase and which ones need to be locked down before people pass judgement on FHM.

Regarding STHS, the "solutions" that have been proposed so far involve locking out either passing on the STHS 1.5 engine or skating on the 2.1 engine, then severely restricting builds so that users can't make use of the known exploits. I say solutions in quotes because no one is actually claiming these to be a real solution, they are a band-aid for a system that was built on decision makers being part of the attributes and that is really the root of this problem. Everyone testing these solutions don't think it's a fix, they expect they could slow the issue by pushing all players into specific builds. The only fixes that come close at this point will kill any build diversity that we had in STHS and force players into 3 player types, all of which would be stuck on almost identical builds.

FHM is not without it's own complications, and by no means does anyone involved in testing take moving sim engines lightly, but there is cause for some hopeful optimism because so far we are seeing a system that has some major benefits to the players in this league, the biggest benefit is that users can build the style of player they want to rather than being very limited. There is a lot of work left to be done before properly presenting the FHM option, and the intent is to take as much time as needed to have a proper solution that has been fully tested and the pros/cons are understood. If I have my way we will be presenting this to the entire league and eliciting feedback.

I can try to answer some of the other questions about FHM, but I think it might be easiest just to show everyone when we have it ready enough to show, which hopefully won't be too long. When it's a bit further along I will record a video walking everyone through the sim and how we believe it can be used for the SHL.

Good stuff as always DT. Coming in as the voice of reason.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What worries you about switching to FHM? - by caltroit_red_flames - 11-27-2019, 01:11 PM