Create Account

What worries you about switching to FHM?

11-27-2019, 08:22 PMTomen Wrote:
11-27-2019, 07:02 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Just out of curiosity, have there been test sims where we kept everything as is and just had a single guy with the 40 PA build on a team? If so, how did he perform and how did things change the more 40 PA players were added to the team, while the rest of the league stayed the same? I think so far I only saw screenshots with lots of those players on one team, or them being distributed around the league, but then again I haven't followed the entire discussion.

Izzy brought up an interesting point by the way, I think one of the biggest changes the SHL has seen in recent years has been the increased min-maxing especially from the managing side, with people trying to understand every facet of the sim and doing extensive testing and statistical analysis in a way that hasn't been done before. It is a double-edged sword, because on the one hand it adds value to the league like the advanced stats stats that we now have, and the people engaged in it are among the most dedicated ones that we have, after all they only do it because they care a lot about this place. But on the other hand, this kind of min-maxing and optimization does take away some of the magic and the fun as well. Being able to understand and rationalize every little detail about the engine doesn't necessarily make things more fun, it makes them predictable and takes away options because it creates a "meta" that people have to adhere to if they want to have success.

I think this is something that we should keep an eye on in the future, of course we can't prevent people from investing time to familiarize themselves with the sim and analyzing it, but I think it might be wise to pace ourselves a bit more than we are doing now or else we risk creating sort of an arms race were new exploits and shortcuts to success will be identified at a higher and higher pace, forcing everyone to deal with the fallout every time this happens anew.

3 players at 40 Passing and 99 Scoring. Phelps, Tig, Wilson rest the same. I didn't even adjust the other attributes.

[Image: unknown.png]

Records broken in this screen:
Most goals (current Era) : 38
Most Assists: current Era, only 1 shy of all-time): 49
Most Points ( current Era): 79

Other noticeable stats:
300 shots ( 4 shy of current Era top 5)
Most Points by a D current Era: I think this ties Due's  all-time record.
2 +/- shy of current era top 5 +/-

Jesus this is just irrefutable

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What worries you about switching to FHM? - by caltroit_red_flames - 11-27-2019, 10:14 PM