Create Account

What worries you about switching to FHM?

11-28-2019, 02:17 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
11-28-2019, 12:56 PMBDonini Wrote: Not sure if this has been mentioned and don't really wanna read through 10 pages but from what I've seen it looks like playing players out of position has a big effect on their performances, if that's the case it could hurt SMJHL teams who often have a lot of forwards out of position to try giving more ice time to actives.

Even with development off players will get better in their "off-positions", the thought was that we could set players to the max rating in their primary position, then a reasonable rate at other forward positions for forwards and D positions for D. As they play in those off-positions they improve at it and it doesn't take super long to improve. We do have the option to put primary positions at 20 and other F/D position(s) at 19 if we wanted to, then the impact would be basically 0. Though I do like the idea of players getting better on their off-wing or at C over time if they haven't played it before.

Your point is well heard though, we don't want to scare teams off from playing active players in their off-side, so it might just be a matter of picking a reasonable starting point for those off sides, or negate it almost completely from the start.

Oh ok so the rating is adjustable? Less of a concern then.

This might not make much sense in terms of realism but a suggestion for that would be to have their "off-positions" set to 19 for the juniors and then have the growth over time system for the SHL. My main concern with positions really is that since the active player pool in the J is much smaller it's harder for teams to end up with a perfect 3-4 C, 3-4 LW, 3-4 RW and then we can end up with situations where teams are at a disadvantage and active players are harming their teams. Since it's adjustable though I'm sure we'll be able to find a workaround for it when the time comes.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What worries you about switching to FHM? - by BDonini - 11-28-2019, 04:11 PM