Create Account

S52 PT #4 - The Anthology Vol. III (oh no my numbers are off now)

It was certainly a big adjustment going from the Novizen Elite league in Switzerland to the SMJHL. Aside from the hockey being far more competitive, which is the biggest difference, it's all the off ice changes that make it so hard to adjust. Back home, you know we're all Swiss, a lot of us have played together for a long time. But in the SMJHL, you have a whole bunch of young guys, teenagers, a lot of us don't speak English very well, and we come from all over the world. It makes communication a really tough barrier sometimes. And then you're playing with a whole bunch of brand new players. I've never even met these guys, never played against them before going to the SMJHL. You know nothing about each other so learning to be a team is such a tough experience. Once you get through that though, and you can really make some connections, it's such a great experience. The amount you learn in the short time in the SMJHL compared to a long time back home in your minor leagues, it's such a huge difference.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: symmshl.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S52 PT #4 - The Anthology Vol. III (oh no my numbers are off now) - by Symmetrik - 02-23-2020, 10:34 PM