Create Account

Major Announcement Regarding the SHL PT Cap

05-18-2020, 10:30 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I'm a bit surprised by this 42 TPE number. Even in seasons where I missed a couple of PTs or other tasks I would usually come pretty close or actually hit the PT-Cap of 40. Felt like way more TPE than that would have been available without it, closer to 50 probably.

And I agree with those people who liked the cap and think it would've been better to keep it, it basically allowed you to skip a PT or two over the season without falling behind, which is something that both very active players and casuals are interested in. And I think this has beome especially relevant in recent years with how splintered the system has become with WFT, Primetimes and other small tasks. These tasks are cool and I wouldn't do away with them, but they also make things more cluttered and the sheer quantity of tasks is much higher than it used to be (even if the workload is the same), which makes it much easier to miss one. And I think it also accelerates burnout if you have twice as much stuff to add to your update posts each season as you had in the past, even if the workload for the tasks themselves isn't higher. People would really welcome the oppotunity to skip out on a couple of these each season not because they are lazy but to make it feel less grind-ey.

Ye as Tomen said, it was 42 available + milestones, so for most people the amount of capped TPE available wound up being more like 45 or so (even more for some). 

I think these are all valid points, though I think the benefits of getting rid of the cap outweigh them. A couple notes on minor changes that I think will help - those smaller tasks (primetime, WFT, 3on3) will now be posted earlier and thus be up for longer. This will allow people to check in once a week and knock out a bunch of these tasks at once (the google forms for primetime and 3on3 take like 30 seconds) as opposed to having to check back in multiple times a week for different tasks. You're right people will still have more links to add to their update, but I think this is a smaller concern than the one I just mentioned. 

Another point that hasn't been raised in this thread yet is that PBPs are gone - for this reason, I actually expect the gap between the absolute top earners and the tier right below to shrink, not grow. PBPs were many things (lol) and probably contributed more to max/non-max earning disparity than this new system will.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Messages In This Thread
RE: Major Announcement Regarding the SHL PT Cap - by hotdog - 05-18-2020, 10:59 AM