Create Account

Big Wanger's Press Conference

05-24-2020, 06:05 PMjfisherr Wrote: 1.) “Favorite part about British Columbia?”

2.) “Favorite part about Buffalo?”

3.) “If you had to play on a different SHL team (not Hamilton) which team would it be?”

4.) “Again, why are you the way that you are?”
  • Favorite part about British Columbia?
I try my best to avoid answering with stereotypical answers, but I think it would be wrong to just ignore the fact that my favorite part of British Columbia is the nature. I feel that a lot of people that live here take for granted how lucky British Columbians are that we live so close to such a vast amount of beautiful nature and wildlife. It is amazing that I am able to drive about an hour away and end up in a place that feels completely disconnected from the hustle and bustle of the metropolitan area. On top of that, the fact that even the cities and towns have made a conscious effort to integrate nature into their infrastructure has only benefited the reputation that British Columbia is a beautiful, green, metropolitan landscape. The fact that most people generally have an environmentally friendly point of view here has only doubled down on the province’s ability to have someone of the best living conditions in the entire world. People view Vancouver, British Columbia as one of the best cities to live in (even though its insanely fucking expensive to live her) and I don’t think that perspective is going to go away anytime soon. I feel very fortunate to have been able to grow up in British Columbia and to have been able to experience all of the outdoor activities that many others are unable to do simply because of location and proximity.
  • Favorite part about Buffalo?

I have already answered this in a prior question, but I guess I’ll try to give a different answer here because I love my Buffabros. My favorite part about Buffalo is definitely the people that are on the team. The love and support that they we give each other is the reason why I am certain that I want to spend my entire career here. Sure, we can be relatively abrasive at times, but a lot of it is just banter and I hope people are able to see through that and see that we’re a great group of people. I’m under the impression that I wouldn’t even be on the team anymore if it weren’t for all the great personalities that coincide with mine. They have made my time on the team very enjoyable and I can’t wish for anything more but to win a championship with them because I can easily say that they are all amazing people in their own unique way. Whether it’s a personal or team problem, I can be sure that they will have my back whenever I need them. They have made the transition from the SMJHL to the SHL seamless and I am proud to call the Buffalo Stampede my home.
  • If you had to play on a different SHL team (not Hamilton) which team would it be?
I think if I had to choose a different SHL team aside from the Buffalo Stampede and Hamilton Steelhawks, then I would definitely choose to be on a rebuilding team. The thought of being able to be the star player early on in my career feels like a great opportunity to pump up my career totals and increase my chances of becoming a Hall of Fame player in the future. Also, the chance of being on a team that is likely to be consistent contenders due to a large number of actives eventually coming through the pipeline is very interesting to be a part of. In my opinion, the ability to rack up points, play a lot of minutes and have a bright future is what would make a rebuilding team a healthy choice. This is why my pick would be the Toronto North Stars because I think @ml002 is on the right track to bringing his team to the next level. He has drafted well and there are a lot of good players that are likely to have a lot of success in the near future. His drafting and asset management have been key to their rebuild and I would have been delighted to been drafted by him in S50 as their future becomes better and better as seasons progress. If I were to draw a comparison between myself and one of their prospects, I would be very similar to Jack Kanoff @jeffie43 as he is in the exact spot that I described above. He is likely to be one of the top rookies when he makes his debut in the SHL as he will be shouldering a lot of offensive and defensive responsibilities as they slowly shift to becoming contenders again. They have all the necessary parts of creating a strong team in a stud defenseman in Jack Kanoff, great goaltending in Harry Carpet and prospect Scoochie Stratton, along with an abundance of highly touted forward prospects to boot and I am confident that they will be playoff threats soon enough. People who continue to clown on Toronto are going to be in for a rude awakening because they will likely have a lot of good players on their roster in the near future.
  • Again, why are you the way that you are?
Fuck you fish. I’m requesting a trade.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Messages In This Thread
Big Wanger's Press Conference - by Ferda - 05-22-2020, 03:08 PM
RE: Big Wanger's Press Conference - by sve7en - 05-22-2020, 03:09 PM
RE: Big Wanger's Press Conference - by Gooney - 05-22-2020, 03:09 PM
RE: Big Wanger's Press Conference - by 5ympathies - 05-22-2020, 03:09 PM
RE: Big Wanger's Press Conference - by bluesfan55 - 05-22-2020, 03:10 PM