Create Account

S60 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 10:58 AM by Matteo.)

Task One
Task Two
Task Three
Task Five
Task Seven:
Today I watched the SMJHL day 18 streams. The first thing that I noticed while watching them was that I have absolutely no idea what's going on, as I have absolutely zero hockey knowledge. I paused the stream during the first game to try and get my bearings. The rink was in the bottom, highlights (I'm assuming similar to a play by play) in the top left, and then the continual season stats are sitting on the side. There isn't a lot of play that is actually watched on the small box, but rather the clock quickly counters down, and I won't lie, I find myself a little overwhelmed by the process (the puck and ice skating noises are very fun though). Early on, the Kraken are very clearly dominating the Whalers, having a significantly higher amount of shots on goal, but the Whalers are able to do what counts and win 2-1. The next game featured the Berserkers and the Battleborn. With a boring first period, low shots and no scores, they moved into the second. Finally, halfway through the 2nd period, the Berserkers score one. Then, at the end of the 2nd or at the beginning of the third, they were able to tie the game, before the Berserkers just took the lead and ran away with it through the end of the game. Anaheim v. Anchorage is next, with no scores until halfway through the second and not really a lot of shot attempts either. This game went into overtime though, with a massive goal win for the Outlaws. In game four the Whalers are playing the Citadelles, and the Citadelles are just dominating them early on, two scores in the first period. While the whalers scored in the 2nd, the game ends in an ugly 5-2 win for Quebec. The next game features a team I can't read because their coloring isn't conducive to being read on the stream and the Scare Crows (it's the knights, but I don't remember the team name). At one point, they both score, but as I'm writing this while watching, I'ma be real, I missed it, this stream just goes too fast for me to follow knowing nothing about hockey. While their shots were about the same, the golden knights team were able to take the victory away. Since I've gone way over the word count (sorry graders), I'm going to summarize the scores for the rest of the games. Timber beat the Battlehorn 2-0, in the last 5 minutes the Kraken tied it up against the Armada to go into OT and managed to pull out an impressive win. The Outlaws couldn't quite beat the Scarecrows (losing 2-3), and that brings us halfway through the games. In the Newfoundland vs Detroit game, the teams kept going up one score at a time, until Detroit just scored a massive 4 points in about 5 minutes to secure the win. I have since been informed that this should be more than enough, and I am not going to take anymore of your time. Thank you for reading.
Task Eight

Graded! First six rookie tasks completed for $6 million! Be sure to link any new rookie task claims in a new reply @SchwarzNarr

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Messages In This Thread
S60 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread - by MCP_ - 05-09-2021, 04:49 PM
RE: S60 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread - by SchwarzNarr - 05-09-2021, 05:21 PM
RE: S60 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread - by Sly - 05-10-2021, 08:32 PM
RE: S60 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread - by Ace - 06-08-2021, 03:59 PM
RE: S60 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread - by nour - 06-26-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: S60 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread - by Hall - 07-02-2021, 03:40 PM
RE: S60 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread - by rory - 07-06-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: S60 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread - by Ace - 07-12-2021, 10:01 AM