Create Account

Add a [better] warning about retirement

08-10-2021, 08:21 AMlespoils Wrote: We give a warning with 24h notice to make a change when people create with stupid builds, couldn't the same be done with retirements?

PBE has this and I think it’s a good policy (24 hour grace period to cancel the retirement, after which the TPE penalty kicks in). People on this site (and others, that’s just the internet) can be kinda awful to each other, and it’s human nature to get emotional. I’m not going to sit here and say I’ve never been in a depressive funk and had the thought “screw this, this is not worth my emotional distress” because somebody was being a butthole. Obviously I’ve never acted on that impulse but I think it would be nice to have a grace period in case somebody retired because they were having the worst day and somebody said something that pushed them to the point where they wanted to quit, and then realized once they slept on it that maybe things weren’t so bad after all.

I don’t think people are necessarily too “dumb” to read the rules, but giving them a little wiggle room to walk it back if they made a decision they regret wouldn’t hurt anything.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by luke - 08-09-2021, 06:13 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by sve7en - 08-09-2021, 06:14 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by luke - 08-09-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by Vik - 08-14-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by Wally - 08-09-2021, 06:28 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by sve7en - 08-09-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by hhh81 - 08-09-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Add a [better] warning about retirement - by sköldpaddor - 08-10-2021, 09:14 AM