Create Account

Add a [better] warning about retirement

08-10-2021, 04:28 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
08-10-2021, 04:22 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: So who is to say that some of the people who disagree with you aren't dealing with some of the same things themselves, that someone might be lashing out because of his or her own struggles? As someone who is dealing with some of these issues, shouldn't you know not to weaponize that topic against those whose own situation you don't know either? If you wanna change the rule because you think it has a negative effect on some people then feel free to argue for that, I'd probably even agree with some of it. But maybe don't expect everyone to be super sensitive and understanding towards your experience while completely ignoring theirs.

I am not trying to weaponize anything. I am simply saying that this cavalier "well if you do it then you're a dumbass and you suck NO MERCY" attitude really rubs me the wrong way. I am not assuming anybody who disagrees with me hasn't dealt with that stuff themselves, I am saying that on the whole we could do with showing a little more grace and patience towards each other. That's it.

I can agree with that.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by luke - 08-09-2021, 06:13 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by sve7en - 08-09-2021, 06:14 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by luke - 08-09-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by Vik - 08-14-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by Wally - 08-09-2021, 06:28 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by sve7en - 08-09-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by hhh81 - 08-09-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Add a [better] warning about retirement - by RomanesEuntDomus - 08-10-2021, 04:34 PM