Create Account

Add a [better] warning about retirement

08-10-2021, 07:34 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: As someone who was around when this wasn't a rule, you don't want this rule gone. It led to a lot of meme and joke retirements, and a lot of issues of rage retirements and some really nasty shit going on in the retirement forum that just wasn't worth it. It was the reason the rule was put in place in like 2012 to stop that from happening and it has done a really good job mitigating that risk.

Some people are unfortunately going to get fucked by it. I can't remember a ton since 2012, and I wouldn't want to open that door for it to happen again by offering a grace period, especially with the league even bigger today than it was. It isn't like retiring is an easy thing, you have to click several different places and start a topic to do it. Unfortunately this is the best deterrant for stopping meme retirements and it has done a good job in its time. Truly it's kind of like saying "well we should have a grace period on tampering in case someone hasn't read the rules". I don't think that would get any support. You kind of just need to read the rules. It isn't new, and it isn't even that harsh. 15% was likely the bare minimum to supress nonsense in that retirement forum. It should be for true retirements

grandpa tell us more about the dinosaurs please

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by luke - 08-09-2021, 06:13 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by sve7en - 08-09-2021, 06:14 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by luke - 08-09-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by Vik - 08-14-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by Wally - 08-09-2021, 06:28 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by sve7en - 08-09-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Add a warning about retirement - by hhh81 - 08-09-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Add a [better] warning about retirement - by goldenglutes - 08-10-2021, 09:41 PM