Create Account

S62 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

1. Skating Away - Jethro Tull
2. Beautiful Day - U2
3. Where the Streets Have No Name - U2 (Live from Boston - Elevation Tour)
4. The Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
5. Sirius - Alan Parsons Project

This list begins as a personal play list for what inspires me, and then possibly morphs into something that could be used by the arena.

Skating Away is just a playful happy song with a theme of being on thin ice. There isn't much more to read into it than to put a smile on your face as you get the pads on and get dressed.

The next two songs, by the most thinly disguised Christian rock group in the world, are there to remind me of the answer to the question that Herb Brooks posed in the Miracle on Ice movie: "Who do you play for"

Beautiful Day starts slow and becomes an uplifting song. Maybe we are on the road. Maybe it isn't all going perfectly. But I can "see the bird with the leaf in her mouth...After the flood all the colors came out". Whatever is happening, we can pick up the pieces and move forward from there.

Where The Streets Have no Name was written about being in a place where you could not tell a person's status by the street they live on or their address. Like a lot of U2 songs, people have interpreted it to have a double meaning as a song about heaven The Boston performance begins with Bono calling out "What can I give back to God, for the blessings you have poured out on me?"  This is a reminder of who I play for.

The Immigrant Song is an over the top almost metal song about conquering hoards that "come from the land of ice and snow".

Sirius was used by the Chicago Bulls and is great for player introductions.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

Messages In This Thread
RE: S62 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist - by SabresFan - 11-23-2021, 08:40 AM
RE: S62 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist - by Vik - 11-23-2021, 01:11 PM