Create Account

Official S66 SHL Awards Suggestions & Discussion

More of a question than an opinion, but just reading between the lines of this thread there seems to be a lot of sentiment focused toward user recognition. It's been stated multiple times (and I'm paraphrasing here), that awards are for players not users yet the whole active versus inactive debate seems to further trigger this discussion. So being a relative newb, my question is - is there an existing award for most dedicated user or something along those lines?

I'm thinking of something that might be roughly the equivalent of a Lady Byng, so as to have a specialized set of criteria applied. Say an award evaluated by outstanding play (but not necessarily THE absolute best), combined with outstanding activity. Just wondering if an approach like this might help assuage the apparent sticking point of inactives potentially trumping actives?

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official S66 SHL Awards Suggestions & Discussion - by jumpSeat - 08-19-2022, 02:17 AM