Create Account

Official S66 SHL Awards Suggestions & Discussion

Hey everyone! As the Head of the Awards Committee, I wanted to try something new this season and give everyone a chance to actively participate in the Awards process. So with the regular season in the books, I decided to open this thread for everyone to give their feedback, ideas and suggestions on who you think would be deserving of an Award win or nomination.

There is no specific format I'm looking for, just leave you thoughts in here. From in-depth analytical pieces write-ups to you just wanting to create hype for one of your teammates that performed great this season, all contributions are welcome and will be taken into consideration by the Committee.

Historically speaking, there are some Awards that we struggle a bit more with than others, where we are particularly thankful for all the help we can get. These usually are the member-based Awards that are hard to quantify because there aren't a lot of stats to base your decisions on, GM of the Year and Coach of the Year as well as the Most Dedicated Member Award. These are the ones where your feedback will be particularly valuable, but feel free to chime on on all other Awards as well - just make sure to give a decent justification for why you think the player(s) you mention deserve a nomination.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I think Chicago should get all the awards

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

I just beg of you not to include IAs in discussion of awards. Especially for goalies.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

I'd love to read more justification for why awards are given to whom they are given

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I agree on more carefully filtering IAs. It'd also be interesting to see kind of a checklist on what qualities y'all look at for the awards.

I understand that different people weight stats differently, but in general what are you looking for? It's seemed murky in seasons past.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Personally I think awards should only be given to IAs. Maybe they'll come back this way

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

08-15-2022, 03:51 PMnotorioustig Wrote: Personally I think awards should only be given to IAs. Maybe they'll come back this way

This I like

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

08-15-2022, 05:27 PMBuster Wrote:
08-15-2022, 03:51 PMnotorioustig Wrote: Personally I think awards should only be given to IAs. Maybe they'll come back this way

This I like

Too many of these nuggets and I'll be out of the running for IOTY 2022

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 09:00 AM by Ragnar.)

Where do the awards get posted now? The awards section hasn’t had a new post in over ten seasons and even though I was nominated for an award last season, I had no idea where or when the award show was happening. Maybe that’s on me, but it seems difficult to find.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

08-16-2022, 08:59 AMRagnar Wrote: Where do the awards get posted now? The awards section hasn’t had a new post in over ten seasons and even though I was nominated for an award last season, I had no idea where or when the award show was happening. Maybe that’s on me, but it seems difficult to find.

You can go to this thread, it should get updated regularly.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 11:50 AM by spooked. Edited 1 time in total.)

How IA does someone need to be to be ineligible, cause with discord its kind of hard to figure out. There are people who barely/don't update but do talk in discord a lot, are people like that ineligible cause to me its kind of subjective if you think someone should be considered active or not unless they are legit gone for multiple seasons already.

08-17-2022, 11:49 AMspooked Wrote: How IA does someone need to be to be ineligible, cause with discord its kind of hard to figure out. There are people who barely/don't update but do talk in discord a lot, are people like that ineligible cause to me its kind of subjective if you think someone should be considered active or not unless they are legit gone for multiple seasons already.
It's been off no post on site in last 30 days since I joined awards around s47

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

08-17-2022, 01:38 PMhhh81 Wrote:
08-17-2022, 11:49 AMspooked Wrote: How IA does someone need to be to be ineligible, cause with discord its kind of hard to figure out. There are people who barely/don't update but do talk in discord a lot, are people like that ineligible cause to me its kind of subjective if you think someone should be considered active or not unless they are legit gone for multiple seasons already.
It's been off no post on site in last 30 days since I joined awards around s47

Which is not only not a good measure of general site activity anymore, but is also shorter than a season outright, so its basically not useful at all in determining if someone is around.

I have a lot of thoughts about the GM of the year and Coach of the year awards. Often, these two are basically the same set of people working on the same thing, but we also don't seem to have an up to date list of the actual coaching staff for teams that even have separate GMs and coaches. I think there's some room for improving clarity on that front, and it might start with actually polling all the GMs to find out who does what in their front office.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

If someone isn't updating their player or being active on the site, IMHO, they aren't contributing to the league as a whole. That's fine, I'm not attacking anyone for doing that. But the awards should be a fun bonus for those who are active and best reflect what the league has to offer. 

I just hate to see an award go to someone who doesn't even care they won it, if there's an equally worthwhile user who was more active who would gain some pleasure out of winning it. I agree, there's definitely some gray area. But I think it's easy enough to eliminate those who are clearly IA.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]