Create Account

Official S66 SHL Awards Suggestions & Discussion

08-19-2022, 05:46 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
08-18-2022, 09:34 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: I don't even think it needs to be a super LONG justification just a "I looked at these stats and while this player had six more points, they also did so while playing six more minutes of ice time per game, so I found the contribution of this other player to be more deserving of individual recognition due to efficiency" or something like that. Just the slightest explanation as to the thought process that went into it.

We had that for a while but as a member of the Committee, it tended to feel like an unnecessary hassle that wasn't really worth the effort so we scrapped it. Keep in mind that there are separate Discord channels for every Individual Award where discussions go on even prior to the nominating phase. You get a pretty good feel for peoples opinions, their justifications and involvement just by looking at these channels and it's quite easy to identify people who are slacking. I mean I wouldn't be against it coming back, I just don't think it would add much.

Moreso just a collective write up from the committee head with a short blurb why this player stood out over other nominees.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official S66 SHL Awards Suggestions & Discussion - by HabsFanFromOntario - 08-19-2022, 09:31 AM