Create Account

S68 IIHF Announcement

Hiyo, it's your newly hired IIHF Commish (again) Arty here.

I'm not good with writing, so excuse me if this is brief, but there's a few things that could use some mentioning.

Firstly, we have some overdue award-winner announcements from last season!

Congratulations to Lias-Ekholm Gunnarsson on being voted the Top Forward of the tournament. @sköldpaddor (but you already knew that :eyesSmile

A tight race for Top Defender saw Aleks Blixtstrom take the top prize. Congratulations @Exilate

And Jon St. Ark finished the awards in yet another unanimous Top Goaltender selection and finishes a Swedish sweep of the individual awards. Congratulations again @Arkz .

Also congratulations to Norway on their first gold since S35 and only their 2nd ever, it seems I have another nation to loathe now :nerdpeepo:.

You also can all expect the next IIHF HoF ceremony shortly, We're still working out the kinks but.. well, you'll see eventually :eyes:.

Secondly, and now talking about this upcoming tournament: Finland will be our hosts as we cycle hosting duty down the line, and I'm happy to announce we will be played in Tampere!

[Image: S68_FIN_BLACK.png][Image: S68_FIN_WHITE.png]
[Image: Visit_Tampere_Drone_View_Nokia_Arena_DJI...Kallio.jpg]

Finally, rosters and have been announced and the thread moved to the public subforum and I'm told that we can expect a IIHF double media and graphics week announcement shortly, so keep an eye out.

Let's have a fun tournament and if I see any anti-Czech comments below, you will be banned (/s, unless...).

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Messages In This Thread
S68 IIHF Announcement - by artermis - 01-02-2023, 02:10 PM