Create Account

S68 IIHF Announcement

Hiyo, it's your newly hired IIHF Commish (again) Arty here.

I'm not good with writing, so excuse me if this is brief, but there's a few things that could use some mentioning.

Firstly, we have some overdue award-winner announcements from last season!

Congratulations to Lias-Ekholm Gunnarsson on being voted the Top Forward of the tournament. @sköldpaddor (but you already knew that :eyesSmile

A tight race for Top Defender saw Aleks Blixtstrom take the top prize. Congratulations @Exilate

And Jon St. Ark finished the awards in yet another unanimous Top Goaltender selection and finishes a Swedish sweep of the individual awards. Congratulations again @Arkz .

Also congratulations to Norway on their first gold since S35 and only their 2nd ever, it seems I have another nation to loathe now :nerdpeepo:.

You also can all expect the next IIHF HoF ceremony shortly, We're still working out the kinks but.. well, you'll see eventually :eyes:.

Secondly, and now talking about this upcoming tournament: Finland will be our hosts as we cycle hosting duty down the line, and I'm happy to announce we will be played in Tampere!

[Image: S68_FIN_BLACK.png][Image: S68_FIN_WHITE.png]
[Image: Visit_Tampere_Drone_View_Nokia_Arena_DJI...Kallio.jpg]

Finally, rosters and have been announced and the thread moved to the public subforum and I'm told that we can expect a IIHF double media and graphics week announcement shortly, so keep an eye out.

Let's have a fun tournament and if I see any anti-Czech comments below, you will be banned (/s, unless...).

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Hopp Schweiz Switzerland

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Eyo my hometown. Its not like we just had the world championship last year and are gonna have the same shenanigans this year with Riga. One more for the plethora of games Nokia Areena will pull

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Congrats norway !

First championship since Jean-Luc Reflieux's golden goal!

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Finland

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 03:47 PM by Frenchie.)

Éirinn go Brách !  Ireland

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders