Create Account

Allow Goalies to Swap to Skaters at any time

01-12-2023, 05:42 PMspooked Wrote:
01-12-2023, 05:32 PMRenoJacksonHS Wrote: One of the reasons I retired Petrov was because I felt like I was hurting Atlanta with my cap hits even though I was doing well and taking hometown discounts. I just mattered that much less than a skater and the 4m they spent a year on me could be better spent on beefing up offense or defense.

Would making goalie cap hits 0 be overpowered? Maybe. That's a data situation that I am not nearly smart enough to understand or try and solve. I think a half hit that is paid out in full to the player could be viable.

I wish the answer was simple or easy because I loved making Petrov and I loved building his story and crafting him into an award winner. But the cons outweighed the pros and he went kaput.

HO would have to figure some rules out, but as far as I am concerned they could implement free goalies or half-cap goalies anytime, just need to scale the cap down a little based on who saved the least from the change probably so they stay compliant. Only concern after that is who determines how much the goalies should get. Half-cap avoids that a bit, but then you open some doors up, like waters getting 20M from EDM could be 40M for a goalie. FA goalies could get tens of millions up-front in theory cause it would be half value for a team with cap space, and then does retaining on the half cap do anything etc. Mostly small issues to figure out that could be handled as they come up tbh.

It's not that goalies money should count half against the cap, it's that their minimums could be halved. Also it was 35.5 million.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow Goalies to Swap to Skaters at any time - by HabsFanFromOntario - 01-12-2023, 05:53 PM