Create Account

Allow Goalies to Swap to Skaters at any time

As the title suggests, I think goalies should be able to swap to skaters at any point in their career, not just after their rookie J season. While we're only a couple of seasons into FHM 8, and data is still limited, goalie stats show that 1) Goalie TPE continues to be meaningless and 2) scoring is at an all-time high. Combined with the fact having a high-TPE goalie HURTS teams due to cap hit, there is little reason why anyone should want to be a high earning goalie at this point. If it wasn't for the fact that I absolutely love my current LR, I would have already retired and recreated. Giving goalies the option to swap at any point in their career seems like a fair option, considering how hard they already get shafted everywhere else. It would still be a one time, one way transition. I'm open to any criticism of this idea. I do acknowledge the potential of users "hiding" themselves as goalies to dodge teams in a draft, but I honestly think that's an unlikely scenario, and one I'd personally say is worth the trouble.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Agree with this, at the very least extend the window which you can swap in to the entire J career. I've preferred FHM 8 to 6 for the league overall, but being a goalie has never felt worse.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

As a veteran of FHM, I can say without a doubt goalies are voodoo. you can have guys with 300 TPE playing like crazy and you can have 2000 TPE guys go 3 seasons without a winning record. I can understand just how unbearably frustrating it might get.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

Yeah I think we should just switch to bot goalies at this point and adjust cap as necessary. I think the unironically best way to build a goalie as a max earner would be to just apply like 900 tpe and bank the rest for regression. Or honestly don't even earn

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2022, 05:39 PM by Zap.)

From what I have been told about goalies so far my experience, I would agree with you.

I wouldn't hate the idea of being able to swap to a skater until your junior's career is complete. Administratively, I'm always worried about the logjam of J teams needing more goalies while SHL teams need far fewer. Making sure the J still has goalies while the players aren't left in the cold once they make the jump should be a big priority.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

As a goalie I do enjoy the sound of this idea.

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

12-20-2022, 05:27 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Yeah I think we should just switch to bot goalies at this point and adjust cap as necessary. I think the unironically best way to build a goalie as a max earner would be to just apply like 900 tpe and bank the rest for regression. Or honestly don't even earn
So, just as a reminder to anyone else, contract tier is determined by earned and claimed TPE, not utilized TPE in build.  So if they cross 1k they are $4M contract regardless of how much their build uses

[Image: mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3...a5e635414&][Image: 4028.png][Image: 5431.png][Image: 5570.png][Image: 7241.png][Image: 5906.png][Image: 6149.png][Image: 7950.png]

12-20-2022, 05:55 PMCaleb_H Wrote: As a goalie I do enjoy the sound of this idea.
Although, adding onto this, I do feel like there is still a lot to learn about FHM to make goalies more enjoyable. I'm aware we are trying the best we can to make it fair for everyone. But at some point in time we have to start noticing that being a goalie definitely isn't enjoyable in this day in age, especially in the SMJHL. Some of the best stats in the SMJHL have come from goalies being on super teams. I feel like there should be more thought into this though before we can really make a conclusion.

okay but you have to go back to the draft again if you switch after your SHL draft to avoid draft rigging

(This is not my actual response to this I’ll have more to say once I’m not on mobile)

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

12-20-2022, 05:55 PMRashfordU Wrote:
12-20-2022, 05:27 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Yeah I think we should just switch to bot goalies at this point and adjust cap as necessary. I think the unironically best way to build a goalie as a max earner would be to just apply like 900 tpe and bank the rest for regression. Or honestly don't even earn
So, just as a reminder to anyone else, contract tier is determined by earned and claimed TPE, not utilized TPE in build.  So if they cross 1k they are $4M contract regardless of how much their build uses

I'm well aware of that, but it's been proven time and time again that goalies in that range are still way better than a guy at 1K

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

12-20-2022, 06:00 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: okay but you have to go back to the draft again if you switch after your SHL draft to avoid draft rigging

(This is not my actual response to this I’ll have more to say once I’m not on mobile)
lmao, perfect.

12-20-2022, 06:00 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
12-20-2022, 05:55 PMRashfordU Wrote: So, just as a reminder to anyone else, contract tier is determined by earned and claimed TPE, not utilized TPE in build.  So if they cross 1k they are $4M contract regardless of how much their build uses

I'm well aware of that, but it's been proven time and time again that goalies in that range are still way better than a guy at 1K
Harry Carpet is a very good example, although Evgeni Petrov this season has shown signs of life for goalies.

12-20-2022, 06:00 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
12-20-2022, 05:55 PMRashfordU Wrote: So, just as a reminder to anyone else, contract tier is determined by earned and claimed TPE, not utilized TPE in build.  So if they cross 1k they are $4M contract regardless of how much their build uses

For sure, I’m just noting that because some people still don’t understand new contract tiers, and may have read your comment thinking they could keep their tier lower by simply not adding it to their build

[Image: mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3...a5e635414&][Image: 4028.png][Image: 5431.png][Image: 5570.png][Image: 7241.png][Image: 5906.png][Image: 6149.png][Image: 7950.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2022, 06:21 PM by sve7en.)

12-20-2022, 06:00 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: okay but you have to go back to the draft again if you switch after your SHL draft to avoid draft rigging

I'm in a different time zone but I bet we can go for 2 hours about this on HTT when I get back

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]