Create Account

Allow Goalies to Swap to Skaters at any time
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2023, 11:00 PM by Bfine. Edited 1 time in total.)

01-12-2023, 10:41 PMspooked Wrote:
01-12-2023, 06:01 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: Give me my 70M contract!

But seriously, I like the half cap idea, and you could easily void the cap relief if the contract was over a certain amount. I want a long career and i want a 2k badge, but not if it hurts my team.

Honestly could even just give teams a third HTD for starting goalies only that are with the team for the usually amount of time. Gets you down to 4M at least without burning your 2 HTDs, and avoids some of the other issues with cap changes. There are like 4-5 different straightforward ways to make it better :(
Except that doesn’t make it better because then you’re saying goalies should always be paid less than skaters, whereas something like half cap still pays a goalie their full amount. You could make it where a goalie HTD still pays out the full amount but then you’re really just splitting hairs between HTD and half cap. HTDs would also disincentivize any goalie from leaving in FA because very few teams would pay 6M for a max earning goalie that hit the market.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow Goalies to Swap to Skaters at any time - by Bfine - 01-12-2023, 10:59 PM