Create Account

Allow Goalies to Swap to Skaters at any time

01-12-2023, 05:32 PMRenoJacksonHS Wrote: One of the reasons I retired Petrov was because I felt like I was hurting Atlanta with my cap hits even though I was doing well and taking hometown discounts. I just mattered that much less than a skater and the 4m they spent a year on me could be better spent on beefing up offense or defense.

Would making goalie cap hits 0 be overpowered? Maybe. That's a data situation that I am not nearly smart enough to understand or try and solve. I think a half hit that is paid out in full to the player could be viable.

I wish the answer was simple or easy because I loved making Petrov and I loved building his story and crafting him into an award winner. But the cons outweighed the pros and he went kaput.

Since a team must carry 2 goalies and a maximum of 3 extra players (who are not dressed), there's really nothing bad about a zero cap hit in terms of the roster itself. It's not useful to carry more than 2. The only real problem with zero cap hit is that goalies still need to get paid and the cap hit is effectively their salary. We cant really automatically set their salary to their usual TPE cap hit, because this eliminates one of the players incentives and their agency to make deals with GMs for extensions or free agency.

I think the easiest, perhaps most obvious answer is that teams have a separate goalie cap hit they can spend. Call it $10m or something. I feel like HO has mentioned something like this before, so maybe its in the works. Maybe im just late to the party here.

But seriously, the biggest problem with goalies is that they dont feel like the space they are taking up matches the contributions they are allowed to make to the team. So, eliminate the drawback of taking up space.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow Goalies to Swap to Skaters at any time - by PremierBromanov - 01-13-2023, 11:10 AM