Create Account

Allow Goalies to Swap to Skaters at any time

01-13-2023, 11:49 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Have there been discussions about a steeper update scale for goalies, so that the difference between a high and a low TPE-Goalie is bigger attribute wise than it is now, or would that still not make a difference in terms of performance? Maybe goalies just neet a "flatter" update scale, one that starts harsher than the one for Skaters but is less harsh towards the end. This would essentially leave us with weaker low-TPE goalies and stronger high-TPE ones.

Smells like stinky testing to me  Angry

I've also thought about this idea though, and I'd really love to know if the actual sim engine backs it up. The problem, of course, is that someone *would* need to test this on an SHL-like file, something that I hope would be done and the results published for the site to see. This is something that I'd love to help with if HO is looking for a sucker an enthusiastic user to help out with on an as-needed basis, building out the actual experiment and getting the results. If this is something that's already happening behind the scenes, it'd be great if we could hear the type of investigation being done, since this is a topic lots of us have ideas and opinions on, and the community clearly wants to help make the goalie position one that's both rewarding and contributing to the team.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow Goalies to Swap to Skaters at any time - by RAmenAmen - 01-13-2023, 12:38 PM