Create Account

S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2023, 11:34 PM by sliceruser. Edited 1 time in total.)

Alexandros Mograine -  Kraken

This season I joined the Carolina Kraken late in the season as a waiver claim and they picked me up to fill the role of a right defense despite being built as a right winger and ended up playing 34 games in this role. During this span I did not expect to get many points nor many blocks as I was built to be a less physical defense minded playmaker playing in a bottom 4 defense role but with my defensive stats I hoped to help in the takeaways and plus minus department. I finished the season with 2 goals and 10 assists, about what I expected if a few points lower than I would have liked and after upgrading my hitting and checking a bit during the season managed a decent 48 hits and 21 blocks without logging to many PIMs. The real kicker which I am very proud of was my takeaways of 24 and to only 2 giveaways good for a 12 takeaway to giveaway ratio which was the best in the entire SMJHL for the regular season. So in some ways I feel disappointed but in others I am happy with what I achieved in an off role for only half a season of play.

words 209

Messages In This Thread
RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - by sliceruser - 07-10-2023, 11:34 PM