Create Account

S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

I'd say I had a decent rookie season. I came in just hoping to do the absolute best that I can - I think putting expectations on yourself is more harmful than motivating. It wasn't anything amazing, but I put in some pretty decent performances in some games. Scoring 40 points in 66 games for a third line winger is pretty good I'd say - and I'm definitely excited for next season where i'll be higher up and getting some more ice time, hopefully giving me more chances to show what I've got. I'm a bit unhappy with having only scored 9 goals, but that's not something I'm too hung up on, given I scored plenty of assists too. I really found my groove in the playoffs, which I'm happy about - 3 goals and 5 assists in 11 games isn't bad at all for a rookie I think. Definitely don't want to end up with a reputation of being someone who chokes in the playoffs, so I'd say I'm pretty happy with this. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to win the cup - wasn't even that close to it, really - but there's always next season for that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: S71 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time - by Ashes - 07-14-2023, 02:36 AM