Create Account

S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023, 03:45 AM by Jakesdy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 1
Our legal defense to the copyright infringement claim brought by @micool132 is primarily based on fair use rules. While the phrase "I'm gonna win the cup" may be a trademark of @micool132 in relation to professional hockey, using the phrase in the context of a press interview with our captain does not violate their trademark rights. Fair use allows limited use of copyrighted material without permission for the purposes of criticism, commentary, teaching, etc. In this case, our captain’s statement was made spontaneously in response to a question from the press about his expectations for the upcoming international tournament. This was not a deliberate attempt to appropriate @micool132's trademark for commercial gain. Additionally, our captain's statement does not in any way mislead or dissuade consumers in any way. The phrase "I'm gonna win the cup" is a common phrase used in various sports and competitive activities. It is not unique to the @micool132 trademark. Therefore, we argue that the use of this phrase meets the definition of fair use, and the sponsoring country, Belarus, should not be held liable for copyright infringement.
Word count: 187

[Image: M3SilsV.png]
Sig by @enigmatic

Messages In This Thread
S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright - by Zerg - 10-30-2023, 10:32 AM
RE: S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright - by Jakesdy - 10-31-2023, 03:45 AM