Create Account

S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright

Ubba Lodbrok, 2nd line center for the Anchorage Armada, in the SImulation Major Junior Hockey League, who has been leading the Mexico City Fuego international hockey team to their trip to Anchorage Alaska, has all of a sudden been taken over by a legal lawsuit. This has caused a lot of frustration for the team and for Ubba Lodbrok. You see, it's unreasonable that a person has the thought that they have a claim to the phrase: "i'm gonna win the cup". There's great power and words, and words themselves can't hurt people. If we, as a society, of good and free people, were to come in and start copyrighting phrases, we'd all owe a lot of money to a lot of people. Let's go over some, shall we?

"Show me the money"
"Jackpot!"
"Uno!"
"Chy-na"
"You can't judge a book by it's cover"
"The best offense is a good defense"
"We gotta get pucks deep"

You can't take those phrases away from people. If we do that, what's next? Their rights to their own bodies? Rights to a fair and free election?

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Messages In This Thread
S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright - by Zerg - 10-30-2023, 10:32 AM
RE: S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright - by Wearingabear - 10-31-2023, 03:22 PM