Create Account

S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright

First things first, I'd feel absolutely backstabbed. Yes, Micool has been saying "im gonna win the cup" for ages, but has anyone ever actually asked where micool got it? Well, let me tell you about a windy September morning in 1998. The leaves were just starting to show the first signs of turning yellow. It looked more like the leaves themselves were nauseous than actually the turn of the season. Even though it was windy, the sun still shone brightly. School had just begun and micool and I were walking to our theater classes. Senior year meant senior projects. We had been sharing ideas back and forth since sophomore year. He was writing a play about a nun who wanted to compete in the olympics, and I was writing a musical about the police force. We had breakthroughs in our stories at about the same time, so we spent hours every night talking over each other about how our stories were going to develop and what the characters names were and so forth. Well, micool could never remember the name of my protagonist, Ima Gahnawen. So, every time I was explaining a plot point to him, I had to say exactly this phrase so that he could remembers: "Ima Gahnawen, the cop." Eventually, it became such a joke between the two of us, that he would just look at me some times and say "are you Ima Gahnewen, the cop?" 
One day, a mutual classmate of ours who had a crush on micool turned around as class was starting and asked him blankly, "what sport do you play?" 
Micool looked confused. "Hockey...how did you know?"
"Well, you're always talking about the cup you're gonna win."
Micool stared blankly for a moment, then it clicked. She was talking about Ima. 
From then on, Micool adapted the phrase "im gonna win the cup" from this hilarious misunderstanding. So the fact that he would even think about suing one of my kids for saying the phrase that came from one of MY characters is blasphemous.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

Messages In This Thread
S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright - by Zerg - 10-30-2023, 10:32 AM
RE: S73 PT#5: I'm Gonna Win The Cupyright - by domffl - 11-01-2023, 12:15 PM