Create Account

Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead

Like the headline says -- I think a lot of people have enjoyed what Slash and the PT team have been doing when it comes to creating more interesting prompts. I haven't been doing the more creative things mostly because I haven't really had the time lately -- but when I DO have time, I'd really like to get more involved with media. That way I can earn TPE with the more simple prompts and earn money (and a little bit of interaction with the league that isn't in the same Discord servers as me) with the other time I spend on the site.

Some supporting figures for this argument, if I had them, would likely be:
  • The percentage of people who opt for Prompt 1 (I'm assuming it is less than 50%)
  • The extreme lack of media in the past ~6 months versus various other eras in SHL history
  • The gap in bank accounts between max earners and those who try but aren't really around all the time.

But think about it -- you have a bunch of people who just heard regression's going to hit a little harder. All they want to do is have the money to train, maybe do a few PTs every now and again. What if, instead of trying to come up with an idea to ramble about all on their own, they have an intriguing prompt for a few days. Just a 500 word article would get them that $1M for training that week. Maybe it's covering a press event or a pro-am charity tournament with their team. Maybe it's highlighting a team or player they've never been on before. Maybe it's retelling a time that someone was asking their front office for more money.

The interesting prompts are great in principle. I just think they could be utilized better in an effort to increase overall forum engagement.

Messages In This Thread
Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - by GCool - 12-08-2021, 10:38 AM